Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm 

CANADIAN SHOOTING AND OSHOOT ARE THE SAME COMPANY I THINK . GRAVEL SEEMS TO BE IN CANADA . SHIPPING IS MUCH TOO HIGH IN ALL THREE COMPANIES

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm 

malonton1 wrote:
CANADIAN SHOOTING AND OSHOOT ARE THE SAME COMPANY I THINK . GRAVEL SEEMS TO BE IN CANADA . SHIPPING IS MUCH TOO HIGH IN ALL THREE COMPANIES

They are not the same company. And they are ALL Canadian companies. 2 are in Ontario and one is in Quebec.

CSS has everything they list in stock. O shoot has limited stock and mail order basically. Means you order and they grab it from a US suppler.

Also you know you don't need to make a new topic each time you want to reply. You can reply to your other topics since they are all related.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:10 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I just placed an order with Gravel. Shipping was reasonable, under $10 for what will be a small package. They can't just throw it in an envelope with a stamp, some dishonest people may say it never arrived. Any package within Canada is expensive, no way around it these days, unless you can rig up something with pigeons, but the package may be intercepted by one of our members.

I remember buying part from Crosman Canada in Peterborough. Parts were so cheap, shipping was very reasonable. If parts were back ordered, they would send what they have, then send a second package when they got the other parts. I guess I'm getting old when I can tell "back in the day" stories. It wasn't that long ago, maybe about 15 years. I think the people that ran it are now running Airgun Source, I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm 

Canada shooting supply will ship small parts by letter mail. They've even sent it free shipping to me that way several times. Very good service! I feel bad I haven't ordered from them lately, they are top notch!
(edit: email Ramon and ask about lettermail option if ordering small things: sales@canadashootingsupply.ca)
Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 pm 

Hi Gang.

I live in Edmonton , Alberta. and ordered a Hammerli 850 from SSSO and only paid $18.00 shipping ,
I ordered a $39.00 ASA adapter from one of the
Ontario dealers and paid $50.00 shipping .
I ordered the same part from the States , and paid less for the part and shipping even with the exchange rate .
As much as I would like to support all Canadian companies . Shipping costs are way out of wack here .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:31 pm 

That is totally unreasonable. Next time I would contact them first and ask for a better rate, as you'd think it was a mistake or something. That is crazy! You can buy an Asa with free epacket (express post once it hits Canada) for like $10 from AliExpress, so I'm with you on avoiding dealers that charge crazy shipping for stuff like that.
As mentioned before, with Canada shooting supply, I've got to the checkout with a small item and was going to be charged ridiculous shipping and contacted them and they sent it for free via lettermail.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk