Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Ordering Abroad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm 

I haven't kept a strict record of all my purchases that I receive by courier but suffice to say a lot.
Most if not all orders from overseas, China, Taiwan etc have no extra brokerage customs charges if delivered by Canada Post but not always.
I remember having to pay for some.
If a parcel from anywhere except Canada was delivered by Purolator, Loomis, DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc. Everyone of them would want moneys at the door before handing over the parcel.
I would get so pissed... :hsmash. Specially when you have chosen the shipping method when ordering and it's calculated brokerage and custom charges already.
Fedex for awhile would give you the parcel and then you would get a bill in the mail for the fees.
I never would pay them...got some phone calls from Fedex saying they want their money...but that's it.They never did.
I have not been hit with any extra fees from any courier service lately. The door bell rings I sign for my parcel and that's it!!!
No charges for UPS, DHL, or Fedex (No bill in the mail either).
My question is...
Has anyone paid for brokerage/custom fees while receiving a parcel from out of country at their front door lately?
I did make a purchase from Pyramyd Air. It dinged me with Brokerage fee on their site before shipping. So I wrote them and asked.
Reply was.
"Dave; Yes, UPS has a broker who handles all of this on this end. It should be direct to you.
Thank You,
Mark
Pyramyd Air"

Just wondering if all Couriers have changed their methods of getting their $$$....Image

Post subject: Re: Ordering Abroad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm 

:shock: OH! It was you that did not pay over the years that changed the rules for the rest of us. :mrgreen: j/k

Couple years ago I got dinged for $100 or more dollars brokerage fees buying a new bow. I do not buy expensive things from US anymore. I always have to pay brokerage fees for my company when I buy things for my Duct Cleaning business from Nikro Industries out of the US. Does not matter if it is $20 they ding me brokerage fees. Likely depends on the business whether it is a legit business or just someone making pocket money with a business name .

With Trump things will only get worse for us Canadians. I am boycotting US goods and business now.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm 

Geez I hope I'm not the only one that is rebellious against the brokerage firms!!!!
I'm just wondering if they have changes their tactics on getting hmm "they're well deserved moneys"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 pm 

The bunch of gun parts that I ordered from China via FedEx didn't have any fees either, so I think you're right, they must be charging the seller nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm 

Bought a radar detector mount via amazon.ca that was shipped from US to my work. Can post charged an extra $10. Amazon refunded me the $10. Ordered another for 2nd vehicle shipped to home and no extra.

I always try to order vis postal service.