Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New- coming to Canada
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0QjbhhM9I

Non -restricted version with 18.6" bl.
slightly different action Stribog
Under $1000.00 it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 pm 

Very cool, but I'm feeling stupid at the moment; what calibre ammo does this shoot?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Very cool, but I'm feeling stupid at the moment; what calibre ammo does this shoot?

9mm.

I like Grand power guns. I got the K100.

Daryl wrote:

Under $1000.00 it seems.

I don't think it would be less than 1000$. Maybe 1300$ ( which is around what the Evo 3 costs ) Their competition X caliber pistol is around 1000$, and new match will be slightly more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:12 am 

We’re obviously NOT talking air here, right ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:02 pm 

Daryl wrote:

Under $1000.00 it seems.

and this is a good idea...in what way..? :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:16 pm 

Ace wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Under $1000.00 it seems.

and this is a good idea...in what way..? :?

Its a good idea. Because Its a pistol caliber rifle. 9mm is cheap compared to rifle. You can use for yotes etc. It is non restricted so can take it out hunting ( greater than .23 cal ). Also great bringing more guns that are not limited to the range only. Having range only guns suck for a lot. More burden than anything. AR15 stuck on range, but a XCR can walk in the woods with.

Its sticking it to the government.

Ruger is making the new 9mm police carbine in 18.5 for the Canadian market.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:27 pm 

For a lot of folks, it might be a fun gun to have and play with. Not for me, but snowshoe hares while on snowshoes, would be fun in the winter/spring, with it. No need to find your brass.

Called-in coyotes with 115gr. HP's. Cheap ammo, or lots of once fired 9mm brass for reloading in the brass buckets on our handgun ranges.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 pm 

Daryl wrote:
For a lot of folks, it might be a fun gun to have and play with. Not for me, but snowshoe hares while on snowshoes, would be fun in the winter/spring, with it. No need to find your brass.

Called-in coyotes with 115gr. HP's. Cheap ammo, or lots of once fired 9mm brass for reloading in the brass buckets on our handgun ranges.

Well if you really want to pick up your brass. But you could always mount a brass catcher on it. Brass is cheap. I normally find 9mm to replace the cases I break reloading quite easy.

115 grns out of my Glock 34 with 5.3" barrel was over 1200 fps, out of a 18.5 ooooo weee.. 367 FPE.. I'm loading like 1080 124grn = 315 FPE. Too bad we couldnt hunt with pistols. Way more FPE than people using Hatsan 30 cal break barrel.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:08 pm 

Were we able to hunt with handguns, I suspect much of my hunting over the last 30 years, would have been with one of my .44 mags., the .45 ACP, .357's and others.

My .45 IPSC gun, even with the ported barrel, put 260gr. Speer HP's out at 960fps = 532fpe. My 4" .44's runs 275 SWC's at 1,210fps = 894fpe. My .458 2" put 510's out at

2,060fps for 4,807fpe. I've taken bears with the .44's from a rifle (1,740fps = 1,849fpe), the Colt .45 ACP load & hardball as well as with the .458 2", and with a number of other guns.

Except for the problem bears at work, I've not shot a bear since we stopped eating them, back in the fall of '78.

The light load for the .458 2", was a 400gr. Barnes SP at 2,150fps, for a piddling 4,106fpe & a 350gr. Hornady at 2,296fps = 4,098fpe, both of which were good moose loads.

I now use a (September) 1936 Winchester Model 70 in .30 Govt 06 with 165's at 2,960fps for 3,211fpe or the 180gr. at 2,745fps for 3,012fpe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:56 pm 

here what i don't agree on due to it not being restricted you wont need a restrict licence obviously
and do to its size it can easily be concealed witch makes no sense to none restriction regulations
and also it can fire at full auto...this makes no sense to me sorry to much BS out there already as it is
this is just another thing that will eventually get into the wrong hands...and not needing a restricted pal
will make it that much easier...just my thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:10 pm 

This should have been posted in the powder burners section, not the general air-gun board.

I can smell a lock coming...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 pm 

Ace wrote:
here what i don't agree on due to it not being restricted you wont need a restrict licence obviously
and do to its size it can easily be concealed witch makes no sense to none restriction regulations
and also it can fire at full auto...this makes no sense to me sorry to much BS out there already as it is
this is just another thing that will eventually get into the wrong hands...and not needing a restricted pal
will make it that much easier...just my thoughts

Actually stop. You are poorly educated on firearm rules.

The NR version will have to have a 18.5" barrel and be 26" OAL. That the requirement for a semi auto center fire to be non restricted. If it doesn't then it would be restricted. What you see in the video is the AMERICAN pistol version w/o the stock.

So tell me how this will be easily concealed and no different than pistol grip 18" 870 and other guns that are 26" OAL? Or the other non restricted semi auto 18.5" rifles out there ( Travor which is semi auto and bull pup, Type 97 which is semi auto and bull pup, some bull pup semi auto shotguns. Mini 14, XCR, SKS, Evo 3, Sig MCX, HK UMP, HK SL8, HK G36, Modern Hunter, BCL102 ) Also if it was full auto it would not be allowed in Canada.

Full autos been prohibited in Canada since 1993. And modifying one for full auto is illegal.

RCMP take a sample firearm, and test it to see if they can make it go full auto. When they can't Its deemed okay. Any other modification is illegal. They are the ones allowing these gun in, because they deem them to meet the requirement.

So once again haven't had full autos in Canada since 1993 and very limited owners now. And you cannot get a prohib license.

30/30 winchester levers get into wrong hands as well ( look at the Ottawa shooting ), cooeys, shotguns, SKS plenty of other non restricted firearms, end up in wrong hands. You know why? people store them poorly.

How about we go back to the old way and have everything registered? EVEN airguns. NOT.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:33 am 

A couple of misunderstandings going on here. As described in the video, the Canadian version would be similar in design and capability to several rifles already out in our market as non-restricted firearms. And yes, this is a powder burner, and it should be in the powder burner thread.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
A couple of misunderstandings going on here. As described in the video, the Canadian version would be similar in design and capability to several rifles already out in our market as non-restricted firearms. And yes, this is a powder burner, and it should be in the powder burner thread.

It will be what I posted above. Full stock and full length barrel. I can ask Dave himself, the Grand Power Rep in the video.

Most semi auto are also designed that it cannot use the full auto brother parts.

I don't know why there this negativity between airgunners and firearm owners? Might as well get along, because as more firearm laws come down people will turn to airguns. In the states felons can't own firearms but they can own airguns. Just as dangerous in the wrong person hands. I think if you cannot own firearms, you shouldn't own airguns. So might want to research firearm laws before you spout against them. Join us, we have our groups that fight for our firearm rights, that can help protect what you got.

Honestly I see most airguns as under power really for hunting. I get shocked when someone takes a 30 FPE Hatsan 30cal break barrel and go white tail hunting ( when the restriction for the PB caliber you need is 15X the FPE required ). Only because it meets the requirement of the caliber restriction. Most people use 223, 22-250 to hunt yotes, with a FPE of around 900 FPE, but people try and use 25 cal with 80 fpe.

So having another NR 9mm rifle that cheap to shoot and way more muzzle energy would be nice option for hunting.

Oh unless you live in Quebec. They brought back the long gun registry. Including airguns.

People are against firearms, but not against someone buying a spring or JB weld to boost their FPS on their under 500 fps rifles. Do they got a pal? who knows. How many people modify a 2240 or 1377/1322 and don't have a chrony? Too many. Saying I got a Rpal so it good. Actually it's not, because now you gotta register it as a restricted pistol, and limited to range only.

Saying all you need is that you have a PAL, isn't really going to save you from being charged. Look they charged the guy that sold the LV gunman ammo. When he kinda didn't do nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:30 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I don't know why there this negativity between airgunners and firearm owners? Honestly I see most airguns as under power really for hunting.

No negativity on my part- I own and hunt with both. It would be poor form for me to post an airgun topic on a powder burners page~ unless there was an off-topic section that allowed it. Time and proper place for everything....

...And I still take grouse with .177. Far from under powered if I pay attention to shot placement and range limitation.

-D.S.