Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
G'Day all,

I'm in the market for a couple new multi-purpose Air Rifle Scopes up to $600.00 CAD and wondering what others in the community might recommend from personal experience. I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who own (or have owned) more than one scope in their personal collection from which they can make direct comparisons. For certain there are a multitude of options available internationally, but please restrict your suggestions to models available in Canada -this would preclude therefore USA sources due to current cross border shipping restrictions.

Cheers!

Aaron

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm 

it's 100$ over your price range but worth every penny.

Falcon T-50 10-50X60

http://frontierfirearms.ca/falcon-optic ... fle-scope/

Best Scope in under 1000$ range it can do so much more then FT great Hunting Scope too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:02 pm 

I had a chance to try out a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 SR-Pro IR scope. Put most of mine to shame....for sure. Very Nice Image
It's always good to try different scopes out...but I see you already have a couple of Hawke's.

No need to look any further...Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 pm 

I had several scopes on my crossbows until I get rid of them and bought a "real thing" by vortex. I could consistently hit a baseball size target at 90. Soon enough I trade out that entire rig as well :?
Learned from experience not shoveling $$ further unnecessarily, and you are right looking South is not worth the time anymore.
I got one tactical sidewinder 10-40x50 scope from ebay china, I can say not bad at all for $150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 pm 

Sorry I have not tried however I am compelled to mention a new contender that's getting rave reviews at a price point around $500 CDN. The Aztec Emerald. Was the scope that won the last extreme benchrest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 am 

Vortex Diamondback, 4-12X A/O.

The new side focus versions are getting good reviews.

I have the older collar around the objective focusing type, and it's easily my favorite scope.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:49 am 

The Bushnell offered on the Forum Store is good - I have one on my HW-77 and love it. It's less than a third of your budget though so you may not be looking for something that basic. I only use it for target shooting and only at about ten meters so the lack of a big sidewheel and the fairly low maximum magnification don't bother me but it might be a different story if I was dong field target.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 am 

I have five bushnell scopes and two Hawke scopes and the Hawke are my favourite.
Crisp clear glass and a wide selection to chose from.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Sorry I have not tried however I am compelled to mention a new contender that's getting rave reviews at a price point around $500 CDN. The Aztec Emerald. Was the scope that won the last extreme benchrest.

Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions, as an owner of several Hawke scopes I can certainly confirm the performance / value of this product line. Thanks as well jckstrthmghty for the Aztec Emerald recommendation ........ I have a mind to give one of these a try, just wondering about brightness level given the high magnification.

Aaron / Avainmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions, as an owner of several Hawke scopes I can certainly confirm the performance / value of this product line. Thanks as well jckstrthmghty for the Aztec Emerald recommendation ........ I have a mind to give one of these a try, just wondering about brightness level given the high magnification.

Aaron / Avainmanor

That would’ve my concern as well with the Aztec. No matter how good the glass is, you cannot defeat the numbers... the relative brightness number at max power is very poor. Maybe people use this scope at less than full magnification?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:29 am 

Cougar wrote:
I have five bushnell scopes and two Hawke scopes and the Hawke are my favourite.
Crisp clear glass and a wide selection to chose from.

Which models of the Hawke scopes do you own? I've had them in mind as an option if I take up casual field target because I think a larger objective, more range of magnification and sidewheel focusing would be very useful.

By the way, I didn't even realize the Aztec was available in Canada as their website only mentions U.S. and European dealers but lo and behold, AirgunSource has it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 pm 

Hi! I recommend scope from atn (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I recently bought atn x-sight II hd 3-14x. I like this scope, it has a good "price-quality" ratio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm 

Oh yeah, the digital scope looks very interesting ~

The 'one shot zeroing' is attractive and 'many apps to help your hunting'?? Do you have time to make a review to post and let us know more about it from the first hand experience?

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Oh yeah, the digital scope looks very interesting ~

The 'one shot zeroing' is attractive and 'many apps to help your hunting'?? Do you have time to make a review to post and let us know more about it from the first hand experience?

Sent from my LG cellphone

one shot zeroing is a nice feature but the auto aim correction by built in ranger finder is game changing. Does it auto correct for wind as well? Real question is how accurate is the aim correction. If it's any good think they would let me use it in ft or even better hft? I'm kidding of course. This is most certainly a hunting scope. Night vision and live streaming is a nice touch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 pm 

Thank you everyone for your kind suggestions. After much research and deliberation, I'm going to take a chance on the new Aztec Emerald 3-18x50mm, which Travis @ AGS was kind enough to order in for me. Will touch base again once the new scope arrives and let you know how it compares to the various Hawke optics I already own.

Cheers!

Avianmanor