Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am 

Just read the news about it, it's 6mm plastic BBs...

A driver called the police when he felt something hit his car and saw the BBs fell down from the windshield and saw a lady on the road side screaming at the time then he also find his car was damaged ( wow ~ so powerful 6mm BBs)... And more than 10 police came and said picked 5 BBs as evidence... And the victim (?!) told the newspaper, in the past a year, he met the same situation for more than 10 times!!

Obviously someone living in the same area keep doing the same thing for a year and still nobody get caught.....

How wired it is.....

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 am 

YepYep wrote:

A driver called the police when he felt something hit his car and saw the BBs fell down from the windshield and saw a lady on the road side screaming at the time then he also find his car was damaged ( wow ~ so powerful 6mm BBs)... And more than 10 police came and said picked 5 BBs as evidence... And the victim (?!) told the newspaper, in the past a year, he met the same situation for more than 10 times!!

Obviously someone living in the same area keep doing the same thing for a year and still nobody get caught.....

How wired it is.....

Subject title too long.....
Sorry about it... The missing words are

( Moving) targets

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am 

YepYep wrote:

How wired it is.....

Well would you be pissed if someone purposely shot at your car and put dents in it that wasn't there before? Airsoft BB can break glass, and dent sheet metal. Some people die due to the shock ( heart attack ) of thinking someone shot them. Or if window was open and got hit, you could lose control of your car. Ever stick hand out the window and get smoked by a june bug or large bug? Its serious matter. Lucky it HK, and real guns are kinda banned, but still with airsoft someone should find who ever and pound them senseless.

Still criminal behavior. Same as if someone doing drive by paint balling. People get seriously injured and just the step below using real guns.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am 

Yeah, agreed. Just wondering it's a year, and this crazy guy still keep doing the same.... The reporter also mentioned he found about more than a hundred of the BBs used and looks new, aound the plants, gardens in the area... So that means this guy just playing with his gun(s) all around for long time....

As the driver mentioned when he got off the car and noticed a unit window ( all high Condo appartments there ) from lighting up through to shut off totally and with blinds lowed. However the police still can't find anything...

So, the gunner was supposed shooting from the window on upper levels to the road... I believe it's not very close to the car and ppl ( although the driver didn't mentioned what level he found the lights off afterwards), I doubt a 6mm BB has this powerr to make dents on a car from the distance....

In the beginning I thought that's steel BBs but pictures followed letting me know it's the white color normal 6mm plastic BBs, weighted 2 or 3g normally? I don't remember...

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 pm 

Plastic Pellets 6mm Air Soft damage or break windshields? - people shoot each other with those things for sport. How could they be powerful enough to break a windshield - I do not understand how they could do that, yet not hurt a person.

Are those air soft guns more powerful than I thought?

Now, if the 'shooter' was shooting steel BB's form a BB gun - yes- they can dent metal and break glass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:27 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Plastic Pellets 6mm Air Soft damage or break windshields? - people shoot each other with those things for sport. How could they be powerful enough to break a windshield - I do not understand how they could do that, yet not hurt a person.

Are those air soft guns more powerful than I thought?

Now, if the 'shooter' was shooting steel BB's form a BB gun - yes- they can dent metal and break glass.

Well It could break a side window. Ive seen people with broken monitors because they shot them. Some put shields in front of the optics to protect the glass. So the answer is yes they are powerful enough to dent car metal. Alot of results on car sites about fixing dents from someone shooting airsoft at cars.

Quote:
Any gun over 300fps w/.20gr can put a small dent in metal sheds. It takes more like 400fps to dent a car. And maybe if you get some of the most powerfull (and expensive) snipers out there, you could crack glass.

Quote:
yes they can they shoot up to 400 fps (feet per a second) so they can obviously damage a car they can shoot out glass bottle's so i wouldn't suggest it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPNkNuX_Z6A

Someone shot this guy at a foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJzQ-0zV8A

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 pm 

Well, there ya go!

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:54 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Well would you be pissed if someone purposely shot at your car and put dents in it that wasn't there before? Airsoft BB can break glass, and dent sheet metal. Some people die due to the shock ( heart attack ) of thinking someone shot them. Or if window was open and got hit, you could lose control of your car. Ever stick hand out the window and get smoked by a june bug or large bug? Its serious matter. Lucky it HK, and real guns are kinda banned, but still with airsoft someone should find who ever and pound them senseless.

Still criminal behavior. Same as if someone doing drive by paint balling. People get seriously injured and just the step below using real guns.

well we finally agree on something lol....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm 

Nope ~ not breaking the windshield, the BBs dented the top panel of the car, then the BB 'fell' or say bounced down through the windshield and let the driver saw it....

Usually a small rock from the car in front if you on the high way may not able to crack your windshield, how can a small plastic BB did that?

~Target~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:09 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Nope ~ not breaking the windshield, the BBs dented the top panel of the car, then the BB 'fell' or say bounced down through the windshield and let the driver saw it....

Usually a small rock from the car in front if you on the high way may not able to crack your windshield, how can a small plastic BB did that?

as seen i the video airsoft BBs wont crack your windshield and that's at point blank range..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 pm 

Bottom line, its irresponsible behaviour. It's people like this(they're all over the world), that make liberals impose regulations and laws that make it difficult for us regular folks to enjoy our hobbies, sports etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 pm 

Kids just playing around I imagine. Forty five years ago in Kitchener we used to hide on my friends front porch with pea shooters spitting peas at cars. We would aim for open side windows. We were about 11 years old. We never thought of any consequences.

Same times we walked around the city with loaded pellet guns looking for bush's in the local parks to shoot birds. Even would get pulled over by police and they would just say be careful.

We would hide on friends front porch with fishing line tied to a wallet on sidewalk with a dollar bill hanging out and when a unexpecting person walking up sidewalk and would go to pick it up we would pull it back to us. they would always laugh when they heard us laughing behind the half wall on porch.

Wanted to play a game back then you had to take a bus to the pool hall and every game cost you a quarter. We had to make our own entertainment.

Last edited by wheeliehd on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

ratchetman wrote:
Bottom line, its irresponsible behaviour. It's people like this(they're all over the world), that make liberals impose regulations and laws that make it difficult for us regular folks to enjoy our hobbies, sports etc.

totally agree... :axe:

wheeliehd wrote:
Kids just playing around I imagine. 50 years ago in Kitchener we used to hid on my friends front porch with pea shooters spitting peas at cars. We would aim for open side windows. We were about 11 years old. We never thought of any consequences. Same time we walked around the city with pellet guns looking for bush's in the local parks to shoot birds. Even would get pulled over by police and they would just say be careful.

yes different times for sure...but you cant compare a pea shooter to airsoft...
i remember running around with the old potato guns...and cap guns and pellet guns and home made slingshots
it was like the wild west lol...you cant be waving anything around now though

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 pm 

Please don't post this stuff on the main forum page we try to keep for airgun .........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:20 am 

lauchlin wrote:
Please don't post this stuff on the main forum page we try to keep for airgun .........
Emm, it's general airgun discussion, right?

So, where do you want this discussion regarding ppl incorrectly use their airguns goes to?? Bar & Grill?

~Target~