Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Death and air guns
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm 

OK, so what happens to your air guns, or for that matter, any guns, when you die ? If no one who inherits them has a PAL ? No one But me in my family, has one. And no I won’t leave them to you,,,I know someone will suggest that.

Post subject: Re: Death and air guns
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 pm 

Isn't that said only the P1 / HW45 can last that long from father to son?!

So you only need to keep your HW45 ( which is non PAL, if yours not an 177)... And the else, giveaway would be good idea ( maybe you can say 'donate'.... I would love to accept anything give to me for free.... [emoji256][emoji256])

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 pm 

All infomation can be found here.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/info ... ec-eng.htm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 pm 

Your family will sell them for what you told them you paid for them... so you better tell your wife the truth!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 am 

I asked this same question on here a while back. especially was thinking about the guys who have a large collection of 30 or 40 or more. and the family looks at them and says what the hell am I gonna do with all of these guns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:59 am 

Lawyer has alist of a few of mine as addon to my will. Gave a few to my son but they remain with me till I die. That way no tax on the ones that go to my son. All the rest of my stuff have prices and the list of prices for resale are in my safety deposit box.

I have been holding 12 rifles for a female friend and an estate that no one has a licence. I priced them according to the 2017 list prices in the book. Waiting on their lawyer to advise me what to do with them. May even end up sending them to auction.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 am 

Maverick wrote:

Thank,s for the link. I hadn't thought to look there. Old age setting in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Lawyer has alist of a few of mine as addon to my will. Gave a few to my son but they remain with me till I die. That way no tax on the ones that go to my son. All the rest of my stuff have prices and the list of prices for resale are in my safety deposit box.

I have been holding 12 rifles for a female friend and an estate that no one has a licence. I priced them according to the 2017 list prices in the book. Waiting on their lawyer to advise me what to do with them. May even end up sending them to auction.

CHEERS!

It is for that exact reason I asked the question. I don't want to give my wife, if she survives me, the hassle. My son is trying to get his PAL but he hasn't had the time in the last five years to get it done. He lives and works far from the city and would need to take time off from work. He hasn't even taken a vacation in 5 years. When he does have the time and opportunity, he doesn't think of it. Not a priority.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 am 

joe hickey wrote:
It is for that exact reason I asked the question. I don't want to give my wife, if she survives me, the hassle. My son is trying to get his PAL but he hasn't had the time in the last five years to get it done. He lives and works far from the city and would need to take time off from work. He hasn't even taken a vacation in 5 years. When he does have the time and opportunity, he doesn't think of it. Not a priority.

Yeah when I had to make a Will at 22, I was the same. I didn't want to put mom thru the hassle with all my firearms. Lucky my father had a license, so anything gun related went to him. And I'm going to change it, If he passes away before I, my friend gets them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 am 

That's why you want to have a detailed will... and have some trustworthy friends ready to help with the estate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 am 

Executor of your estate is granted the same PAL status as you have in order to settle your affairs.
Your heirs can apply for a pal if they wish to retain your firearms. They can even have some prohibited weapons transferred to them depending on the type.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 am 

DocGadget wrote:
Your family will sell them for what you told them you paid for them... so you better tell your wife the truth!
We were told many times don't lie to your wife.... Sadly, my wife still don't know I have a HW40, a P1 and a P17... They never show up at the same time, so she think it's the same one, the same 50$ P17....

I will face the issue later when she need to sell the guns... Don't want to let her sell my HW40 and P1 for 25$.....

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 am 

Sorry, P3... P1 is not yet my collection although planned in the close future....

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:22 am 

YepYep wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
We were told many times don't lie to your wife.... Sadly, my wife still don't know I have a HW40, a P1 and a P17... They never show up at the same time, so she think it's the same one, the same 50$ P17....

I will face the issue later when she need to sell the guns... Don't want to let her sell my HW40 and P1 for 25$.....

Better not leave your browser history open, she might find out about those airguns... And wallop you may get. Or she be expecting new countertops or something not needed in the house.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:26 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

Better not leave your browser history open, she might find out about those airguns... And wallop you may get. Or she be expecting new countertops or something not needed in the house.
I use my tapatalk on cellphone almost the time.... [emoji111]

Yeah... She talked about refacing the kitchen cabinets several times already for change to another color.... [emoji29] need to be careful ~

~Target~