Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Reflexion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:37 am 

ok, i've got a little issue with the language expressions, but i hope to be clear and understandable,
The rules are to break it in the way to find a short way, or a fissure on it that can make it to go legally to your way or make a jurisprudence to everybody has benefit of it, depending how affect to you, on your acquisition power or your compromise with a group or disinterest on it...etc.
So, if there are some kind of safety rules about the acquisition and tenure of weapons, that I completely agree, thats the matter if there are fire arms, air guns or wherever can damage the physical integrity of some one else, why don't apply this for everything, that its involved in, example:
A baseball bat, common weapon used to beat some one else when its necessary,
A kitchen knife, same thing.
A crazy army guy, same thing
An inadequate trained cop, same thing, I'll said at least 50 % of this community.
A rock, same thing.
A MMA fighter, same thing.......
Anything that can be the cause on injuries in inadequate hands.
Ok, this are considered as........white weapons??
There are rules about restricted weapons, non restricted, etc. but lethal any of this at the end.
I can see that the nature of the human beam its to defend himself or people around him/her with the power enough to success it, depending the cultural grade of anyone, one aggressive way or a less individual agressive but same effective or worst.
Too late to qualification or judge when the damage its already done.
So I can see that there are some leaks in the acquisition of the PAL, POL, hunting license.
Security course, Ok, Training and and few more hours of blah, blah, blah, Ok
Why not aPsychological test too, not ok.''
I've never heard about a kind of crime where air guns or air rifles are involved, may be the big problem its a kind of hunting control, but how to control that in a huge country like Canada, may be some individuals but not to every body, why the brands are selling same air guns in the country that every where. The detuned canadian version its a big business, allowed people to buy airguns that they know that soon or late will be tune up back to the original version and in between they sell this little parts and springs without not restrictions, the business its not the air gun on it, the business its everything its involved with, parts, pellets, etc.

Post subject: Re: Reflexion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 am 

:?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:27 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello doble0,

I'm a little confused about the nature of your post, but reading between the lines I get that you are questioning the effectiveness of our gun laws and firearms licensing in Canada. For certain just about any object could be turned into a deadly weapon, and regardless of any screening process that might be in force, such as licensing and restrictions on personal ownership, someone who is mentally deranged and possibly premeditating a gun crime, will find a way to access a firearm regardless, via theft or black market. I believe the gun laws in this country are more than adequate, legislated primarily by a government responding to an ever increasingly gun shy public, laws drafted more on public opinion than actual hard and fast data. That be as it may, it is our responsibility as licensed gun owners to enure our weapons do not fall into the wrong hands, would be criminals, children and inexperienced individuals. The whole point of safe gun handling courses and firearms licensing (PAL) in my opinion is exactly that, a method of promoting and instilling the responsible and safe use, storage and handling of firearms -no amount of legislation or lawmaking (including an all out ban) will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. For this reason I support current laws and licensing, which protect both the public and maintain our rights and freedoms to own firearms.

Just my two cents worth, thanks for sharing doble0.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:51 pm 

X2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:53 pm 

I had a fun discussion with one of my MP assistant.
- Asked him if he would support a national ban on assault weapon...

A few days later when the MP said he probably would support such a motion. I sent him a list of "assault weapons" that have been reported at the local court house... It included anything from cars/hammers/kitchen knives and golf clubs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm 

But.... If you write "fish club" on a bat it is not a weapon as it now has a purpose. Sits in my truck door with a fish scale. Yes I use it bowfishing for 3 months of the year. :wink: Bowfishing 3 months away. Can not come soon enough! :mrgreen: