Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:08 pm 

Well there are all the same but I have emailed Condor shooters and the Piledrivers worked perfectly but I do not know if the Condor barrel is choked? Now the the Airgunners in Europe have used the Piledrivers in just about everything and have not reported any performance issues.

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:11 pm 

I head that Condors have Walther Lothar barrels. Very likely (not sure) they are choked .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:14 pm 

Quite possibly, curious about all the others in Europe such as HW, Airarms, Webley uaing Piledrivers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:21 pm 

Hey,i did'nt mean to start anything negative,i just thought that it would be of some interrest since this writeup was done with Hugh Earl himself (the guy who designed the piledriver).Just so anyone who buys the Piledrivers will know that they need to be loaded properly and not have any jamups.Looking forward to trying them out Randy. :wink: Walter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:29 pm 

No worries, I have continued to research these as well and that is why I have emailed Europeans and the supplier on this product for their feeback. Your concerns are valid but like you I just want to try out something that is new in design and better quality control then what we have available now.

I can say Nick from the factory is passionate and confident with the product but also a little dismayed why in North America people spend money on buying and modding airguns for performance and then compromise the performance with lower quality pellets. I guess with Logun buying pellets by the TON we must seem small potatoes.

Randy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:50 pm 
Banned

small potatoes, perhaps, but getting these things into users' hands in what is essentially a new market can do wonders for visibility. Could also help prompt dealers that already stock some of their other pellets to decide to start carrying this line, if there's a positive response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:38 pm 

I have emailed a couple of Western Airgun shops hoping they will consider stocking these if not we will have to order States side next year when they start carrying them.

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:45 am 
Banned

perhaps some of us could do the same. Just "Prometheus Piledriver" pellets to ask for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:43 am 

It is strange that on prometheus website , there is no mentioning of piledriver pellets, but only their non-lead pellets .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:24 am 

Yes there is definately some kind of a controlled release of the product. Apparenly Logun has bought entire production runs of certain pellets so I guess once we get the product and try it out we will see. Good news is many UK shops are carrying the Piledriver now. Still eludes me why in North America suppliers are reluctant to sell a HIGH QUALITY pellet with high quality air rifles. It is the same as telling us that you have to run regular fuel in a Porsche makes absolutely no sense when many of us want the choice and are serious about this hobby??

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:19 pm 

I ask myself that same question everytime I purchase a gun or gun related product. I hate having to buy out of the country especially now with all the regulations. We must open the eyes of our average supplier and make them aware that there are other pellets out there other than Crosman wadcutters!!! :) Us Canadians seem to always be at the end of line when it comes to this kind of stuff. Take the Savage Mako for instance....a Canadian made .22 rimfire with a very trick out stock....the Americans seem to be loving this gun but for some reason, they're not available for retail in Canada!!!!!!!!!! What's up with that??

P.S - Sorry for the rant :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:40 pm 

randyhub wrote:
[size=24][b]
For 350 mag:

Oh no 350 mag!! The Darkside, be careful it has taken my soul as all I seem to shoot now in my Condor. Imagine how all my powder burners feel now so alone!!! Yes I feel so evil now. :twisted:

Randy :D

I must blame this wickedness on CJN who makes me shoot his AA 400, Logun Solo and others from is collection! Also, I find myself indulging in your post concerning your Condor and knowing that you came from a Magnum springer back ground, your expression of enjoyment now has given me no choice but to surrender to the evil that was forced on to me! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:52 pm 

yes I to am very frustrated with the lack of dealer support on matching high end pellets to high end airguns, but then again this is not Europe where it airgunning started. :roll:

Sorry about the Darkside's control, Luke join me follow the light!

Randy aka Darth Nader 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:41 pm 

Hello everyone, so I am ready to commit to placing the order of the requested pellets. I will pay for all the pellets and shipping myself via PayPal and will be charging 10.50 CDN per tin .177/.22 plus actual shipping costs via USPS. Eun Jins are 9.95 CDN plus shipping/handling rates NOT actual costs. I would prefer PayPal as that is how I am paying but just email and let me know.

So each of you that PM's will receive a reply and than in 7 days the product will be redirected from Calgary.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Last edited by randyhub on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: confirm
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:18 pm 

I confirm my order on 5 tins of piledriver.

Why are you shipping Eun jin , I thought we are dealing with piledriver pellets ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next