Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

The idea of this section was suggested by one of our members and all our moderators agreed that it would be a good idea. BUT PLEASE, no talk of modifying or repairing firearms, just general firearm questions or advice. We will be not responsible for irresponsible posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 pm 

I have a quik question why are mod's and repairs not alowed under the powderburner section?
incase someone post's a ilegal mod like fullyauto or silencers for example or other prohibited mods and repairs? :?
couse wat about legal mods like muzzle breaks, engraving and minor mods like that and repairs like if someone finds a good way to fix a rifle/shotgun stock or somethin on that line of powder burners or for example like bobbyironsights post about a choke?? :? :? :?

beeman FH500
Crosman 1377 customized
Walther PPK/S
QB78-D .22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:30 pm 

m-134 wrote:
incase someone post's a ilegal mod like fullyauto or silencers for example or other prohibited mods and repairs? :?

probably. It's easier to ban all moding discussion instead of expecting a mod to learn all the firearm laws in order to be able to nuke certain threads.

kinda silly if you ask me, considering how many sub-legal toys are posted and even stikied throughout this forum :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:15 am 

m-134 wrote:
I have a quik question why are mod's and repairs not alowed under the powderburner section?
couse wat about legal mods like muzzle breaks, engraving and minor mods like that and repairs like if someone finds a good way to fix a rifle/shotgun stock or somethin on that line of powder burners or for example like bobbyironsights post about a choke?? :? :? :?

aside from almost not being able to understand your complete lack of English comprehension... ever thought about using your spell checker..

What determines a legal modification. Muzzle breaks & chokes are not a modification, they're an accessory. an engraving is not a modification as it doesn't alter the gun in anyway that violates any gun laws.

Modification means to Alter, or change in a manor not of original. Anything modified in the gun world is a direct violation of the Gun laws.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 am 

There are much better places to find out about <insertpowderburnernamehere.com>.
Kudos to mods for offering a spot for folks to banter about transition to powder and choices they might make.
Anything more than that conflicts with the url that brought you here in the first place and has been done over and over elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:00 pm 

Pantharen wrote:

Modification means to Alter, or change in a manor not of original. Anything modified in the gun world is a direct violation of the Gun laws.

Sorry, I cannot agree with that statement - at all.

Rifle barrels and shotgun barrels can be modified to within lawful lengths allowable, without breaking any laws. Thus, if I found the barrel on my new Browning A-3 .30 mag, at 26" long, was too long, I could legally shorten it to anything down to 18" in length, as long as the overall length of the complete rifle was over 26". If a semi-auto rifle, the barrel would have to be maintained at 18 1/2" or longer.

The above paragraph is simply an example. 7 of my rifles have barrels 26" or longer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:39 pm 

Daryl wrote:

Sorry, I cannot agree with that statement - at all.

Rifle barrels and shotgun barrels can be modified to within lawful lengths allowable, without breaking any laws. Thus, if I found the barrel on my new Browning A-3 .30 mag, at 26" long, was too long, I could legally shorten it to anything down to 18" in length, as long as the overall length of the complete rifle was over 26". If a semi-auto rifle, the barrel would have to be maintained at 18 1/2" or longer.

The above paragraph is simply an example. 7 of my rifles have barrels 26" or longer.

Thanks for catching this two year old mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:38 am 

Pantharen wrote:
m-134 wrote:

aside from almost not being able to understand your complete lack of English comprehension... ever thought about using your spell checker..

What determines a legal modification. Muzzle breaks & chokes are not a modification, they're an accessory. an engraving is not a modification as it doesn't alter the gun in anyway that violates any gun laws.

?