Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:13 am 

Hi

I am thinking of adding a new pistol to my collection. The Beretta 92 fs pellet by Umarex. Any toughts on this pistol?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 pm 

I have it in black, really heavy gun shoots really good mine is accurate, bad side mine came without the weaver rail oj the bottom and it's really hard to get upgrades like fiber optic sights or adjustable sights up can put the real sights from a 92fs business. I haven't found them yet, I can't find the compensator from any Canadian seller, if I are both new the USA up will be happy, I like it the way it is, I just want the adjustable sights

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 pm 

It's a nice revolver in pistol clothing, the double action trigger sucks but is pretty good in single action.
For realism I prefer the GSG 92 BB gun.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 pm 

Hi doc

I Know it is a revolver action inside. I have a Walther cp99 which works the same. I prefer pellets to bb because I target shoot and pellets are More accurate (rifled barrel). They also leave clearer holes in paper targets. What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm 

Gillis wrote
Quote:
am thinking of adding a new pistol to my collection. The Beretta 92 fs pellet by Umarex. Any toughts on this pistol?

I’ve had the Beretta 92FS in nickel with black plastic grips since 2007. So far, 1,700 shots without any problems. This is one of the Umarex iconic trio: the Colt 1911A1, the Beretta 92FS and the Walther CP88 Compact of very high quality CO2 pistols. As DocGadget mentioned it is a revolver disguised as a semi-auto pistol. It is a powerful pistol shooting close to 440fps for the first few shots with 7.9gr pellets at 85F. The pistol is very accurate despite that, as Doc mentioned, the trigger pull is heavy. It breaks at 9lbs. However, the trigger pull weight is not the only criterion to classify the trigger as good or bad. For me, the Beretta 92FS trigger action is very smooth.
However, in 2010 or 2011 (I am not exactly sure) the Umarex slightly changed the design of the Beretta 92FS. In the “old” models the fake slide release lever is a separate metal piece which is permanently inserted into the frame. It is black in a nickel plated pistol and this is exactly what it is in a real firearm counterpart (the Beretta 92FS INOX). In the revised new model this fake slide release lever is CAST into the frame as an integral part and in a nickel plated pistols it has the same “nickel” color as the frame. Personally, I don’t like it. Of course, for a black painted pistol this is not so much recognizable but still looks less authentic than the older models. Fellow airgunners who are sensitive to details like that should make sure that they like it before committing themselves to a purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm 

Gillis wrote:
Hi doc

I Know it is a revolver action inside. I have a Walther cp99 which works the same. I prefer pellets to bb because I target shoot and pellets are More accurate (rifled barrel). They also leave clearer holes in paper targets. What do you think?

If you like the Walther CP99 I think you'll like the Beretta (and the Colt 1911, and the Walther CP88) I haven't opened one up but I don't think there's much difference between them. They're great quality pistols. I always shoot them single action because of the trigger, it gives the gun a little time to warm up between shots.
Buy it and get some more spare clips, I have a bunch of them and I keep them loaded so I'm always ready to shoot whenever I get the chance, all I need now is one of the Winchester look alike lever action rifle but they're EXPENSIVE.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm 

does anybody know where to get the compensator ? i don't really mind if it makes the gun more accurate or not but the gun looks better with it, well that's my opinion also the sight, i want the sight :(

crosman 2240 (modded to target pistol)
crosman 2260 tactical
Beretta px4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 am 

i have Umarex Beretta 92fs,colt 1911 and cp88,they all good,but i like the cp88 than colt 1911,the Beretta 92fs is the last,but if u dont mind bb,try gsg 92 or colt special combat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 am 

magnum wrote:
i have Umarex Beretta 92fs,colt 1911 and cp88,they all good,but i like the cp88 than colt 1911,the Beretta 92fs is the last,but if u dont mind bb,try gsg 92 or colt special combat.

The GSG 92 (and it's two cousins) really IS something worth a try.
Gillis if we have a shoot I'll bring them and you can give them a try, I'm willing to bet you'll want one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 am 

Thanks to all for your advices
Doc you are tempting me with those BB guns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am 

I bought the Berretta Extreme a few weeks ago. It has the compensator and red dot sight. I like the sight, but usually don't use the compensator. Fairly accurate, but not that powerful. After a few clips, pellets may only puncture one side of a pop can, or bounce off. Trigger pull is very heavy, and I only use single action. In many ways, I wish I didn't buy it, or at least just the pistol itself, and not the extreme version. With all the added hardware, and the mounting rails, it is very heavy. In retrospect, I should have bought the Crossman 2240 .22. A fraction of the cost, and slightly more hitting power.