Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm 

In my other post i was looking for a couple main springs for my cz630's, I have two potential places, one in India and one in the UK, I'm a little wary of both. London Arms can get them but won't sell them. Lauchlin mentioned he might have some but I haven't heard back from him.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I tried a few other places DL, ScopesandAmmo but no luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm 

Well, did you ask Kelly at D&L if they had a spring to fit?
It seems to me that D&L's Utility mainspring #7 has approximately the same dimensions as the Indian one for the 630. Try it, it's only a few bucks. 8)

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 am 

I did ask Kelley, she said she had nothing close to that. It's strange to me, there's so many of the these guns out there, they were well made guns yet springs and seals are difficult to find. I would try it if it was only a few bucks but shipping is $15.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm 

Mattsse wrote:
I did ask Kelley, she said she had nothing close to that. It's strange to me, there's so many of the these guns out there, they were well made guns yet springs and seals are difficult to find. I would try it if it was only a few bucks but shipping is $15.

if need be I could make them.

would need wire size and diameter of spring and well as length.

what would a spring like this be worth? if will cost me over $200 to get the wire needed, I would use it for other things as I w3ould not mind getting the wire. just not sure I would want to make just one for 5 to 7 dollars, selling them for $20 + maybe doable in a small run of 50. making 5 hundred would get the price down to the $7 range.

how many of this gun is there and is spring brake a problem. not the spring brake with the naked gals, that one is no problem at all.
would it be worth doing a run of springs for this gun, would the spring fit other guns?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 pm 

Mattsse wrote:
In my other post i was looking for a couple main springs for my cz630's, I have two potential places, one in India and one in the UK, I'm a little wary of both. London Arms can get them but won't sell them. Lauchlin mentioned he might have some but I haven't heard back from him.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I tried a few other places DL, ScopesandAmmo but no luck.

Quote:
Lauchlin mentioned he might have some but I haven't heard back from him.

Cause i am lazy

Attachments:
100_3981.JPG
100_3981.JPG [ 61.63 KiB | Viewed 1407 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm 

Never a notebook around when you need one.... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Mattsse wrote:

Quote:
Lauchlin mentioned he might have some but I haven't heard back from him.

Cause i am lazy

If he forgets again....just call Jeff or Vernon to remind him :) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm 

:P If neither Jeff or Vernon have one, then try Mike and Rhonda....http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com/store/air-gun-parts/weihrauch/mainsprings/weihrauch-hw30-mainspring/prod_1461.html
I inquired on another forum (so I got it from a friend, who got it from a friend) that the R7 (HW30) spring is a drop in fit for a CZ630/631.
Shipping costs are a PIA on small value parts. You can combine a few things into an order to make it more worthwhile.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 pm 

Aero-Tec - I appreciate the offer to make them but I fear it wouldn't be worth your while and I wouldn't want you to spend money to make some springs you may potentially lose money on.

Lauchlin - It's good to hear back from you, it sounds like you're pretty busy so I'm gonna look into that R7 spring and see if it maybe will fit

Dukemeister - Thanks for the advice I'm gonna check it out.

Completely off topic:

Jgoodz - I keep thinking I recognize the picture that accompanies your posts. I keep thinking it looks like Johnny Knoxville wearing shooting glasses smoking a big fat J LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:31 pm 

Mattsse wrote:

Completely off topic:

Jgoodz - I keep thinking I recognize the picture that accompanies your posts. I keep thinking it looks like Johnny Knoxville wearing shooting glasses smoking a big fat J LOL

It's actually one of the dudes from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great funny movie. "and that's when the acid kicked in".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Funny:

It appears Lauchlin's spring is 36 coils- not the 41 coil bastard Mattsse has convinced himself he needs based on some post somewhere on the internet- and thus why "no one" can help him.

Mattsse- pull the spring out of your Slavia and see what's there, I have no doubt that D&L tried to help you, as I did, only to now find this "no one can help me" post here. As indicated, wherever you got your information from, it is wrong- and there are springs that can sort you out- but you have created your own un-fulfillable criteria based on some post out in webspace somewhere. Instead of judging your requirement based on some random post online- pull your rifle(s) apart and see what's there- then you can make a proper judgment and stop wasting both your, and everyone else's, time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm 

AirGunEric wrote:
Funny:

It appears Lauchlin's spring is 36 coils......

Yes, the Target Tune India site gives this info for the CZ630 mainspring:
Attachment:
Slavia 630.GIF
Slavia 630.GIF [ 11.33 KiB | Viewed 1335 times ]

41 coils may be for a CZ634.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:14 pm 
Site Moderator

My HW30/R7 spring had .717"OD, .109" wire.
The #7 spring at D&L Airgun is .736"OD, .500"ID, .117" wire.
The original CZ-630/631 spring computes to .740"OD, .504"ID, .118" wire.

The #7 should work fine but it might need some spacing (34 vs 36.5 coils).

Cheers,
Todd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:27 am 

TCooper wrote:
My HW30/R7 spring had .717"OD, .109" wire.
The #7 spring at D&L Airgun is .736"OD, .500"ID, .117" wire.
The original CZ-630/631 spring computes to .740"OD, .504"ID, .118" wire.

The #7 should work fine but it might need some spacing (34 vs 36.5 coils).

Cheers,
Todd

Thank you Todd, I'm not sure what kind of spacing I'd use, I'd have to look into that.

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am 

My stock spring has 36 coils.
You can also get spares direct from Slavia.