Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Canadian tuners Question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 pm 

Hello everyone,

I could spend all night looking through posts to find a good tuner here in Canada, but I think I'll simply ask
1st has anyone had a springer tuned by Eric at Scopes&Ammo?
2nd if not, who have you used with good success?

Remember, I am asking about springers. I'm sure many will ask, so it's a 350.

I'm in the west but location doesn't matter that much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm 

I never heard of Eric tuning springers as far as i know he only sells part .What makes you think your 350 needs a so called tune ..........

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:36 pm 

Perhaps my question shouldn't have involved a name? Can anyone pm me with a good reputable tuners info? Or is there some where on this forum I can find what I'm looking for?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:02 pm 

peterdulux wrote:
Perhaps my question shouldn't have involved a name? Can anyone pm me with a good reputable tuners info? Or is there some where on this forum I can find what I'm looking for?

What is wrong with your gun that it need a tune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:47 am 

You could try here http://ultimateairguns.aimoo.com/Airgun ... 86880.html
The site seems pretty dead, but maybe you can get contact info.

Why not get a vortek http://www.vortekproducts.com and install it yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Peter has already bought a Vortek kit directly from Vortek. When he asked on another forum who in Canada could install it- Vortek referred him to me (we are the Canadian Vortek distributor). Apparently he is very concerned about his rifle, and the fact that I've been around a few years now, am the Vortek distributor for Canada, an authorized Crosman repair centre (one of less than 10 in the world), and can count the number of complaints from people who have dealt with me in a business respect on one hand- it apparently just isn't good enough. This could be taken as a foreshadowing of things to come- god help a tuner that might leave a mark on a screwhead...

The only reason I am noting this publicly is because the new workshop will be completed soon and the repair side of things will be better controlled with some assistance from an associate of mine- normally I wouldn't mention anything because repairs/tunes have generally been fairly low on my list of priorities as they are time consuming- and time is not something I have had to spare.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:25 am 

I did not know that Eric does tunes/installs parts. He is a trusted seller on this site and can be recommended by many people here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 am 

Hello Eric,

Glad you stepped in here, I seem to have hit a bit of a wall trying to find any info on Canadian tuners, including you. I have read a few posts on horror stories and don't want to end up disappointed with a poorly tuned or tortured gun.
I do have the Vortek kit and have a friend who is a machinist as well as a bit of a gun smith, but doesn't do air rifles. He and his grandfather make barrels.

So to sum it up. I'm looking for more than just an install for the Vortek.... Essentially looking to get it tuned, polished, maybe a little trigger work (T05).

This 350 was expensive 530$ and I do not want to take any chances.

Other guns include 850 Airmagnum
Benjamin XL 1100
Air Venturi Halestorm
Diana 350 & 24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:35 am 

Eric is very helping and he takes care of his customers very well. He Rocks!!!. I just bought some parts from him VERY VERY RELIABLE. If there is a way for me to vote him i will vote him 10 STARS. BTW Eric this is Ron :) Thx for helping me Eric