Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm 

I finally had a chance to shoot my Gamo P-25 Tactical today and was very impressed by the 1st shot; loud and powerful!

Unfortunately it was not so good for all of the follow up shots on the 8 round rotary mag - as NONE of them came out of the barrel - and when I removed the mag from the pistol I saw that they were ALL still in the mag!

Same for the other side of the dual mag - 1st shot worked; then all subsequent shots remained in the rotary mag.

I tried the Crosman 7.9 gn pellets that had worked so well in my Gamo P-25 (regular version) and also tried some JSBs as well - same result each time...

Seems to be just a little stiff when I manually rotate the pellet carrier - but still seems to be rotating correctly... :?

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:46 pm 

I grabbed a c15 bone collector on sale awhile back - very similar but I believe there is differences.
First shot, loud and powerful but a pellet fell out of the bottom rotary mag. Second shot would not cycle and the clip would not drop. Bit of tinkering, it finally came out.

Found it works flawless when the pellets are seated in the rotary mag a little deeper than fingers can get it.

I wonder if it's the same problem for you and the rotary mag is slipping the cycle during the trigger pull.

Hope that helps

Damn thing is powerful - killed my laser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:01 pm 

The pellets are well seated; as well seated as on my previous Gamo P-25 Standard Edition.

It has been suggested that:

Quote:
It could be the rod which indexes the mag is not functioning properly. Could be bent or broken so it does not rotate the mag to the next chamber.

Which seems more likely the problem; as it was a bit "stuck" when I first went to remove the mag from the pistol; and it is still "sticking" a bit and does not come out nearly as well as with my Regular Gamo P-25...

:(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:08 pm 

Are you sure that's the proper mag. Seems to me the P25 takes the mag that has two rectangles cut out on one side. :?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Are you sure that's the proper mag. Seems to me the P25 takes the mag that has two rectangles cut out on one side. :?

You may be right about that...

Perhaps I was sent a PX4 mag:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Beretta_P ... azine/2098

Anyone have a PX4 mag lying around that they can compare to my pics above?

:?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 am 

wllm995 wrote:

I have a PX4. That looks like my mag. No big slots on either side.

EDIT: Actually, on second inspection, my mag has a slight difference from the one you pictured. On the side you insert pellets from, right by the notch at the top where you insert the pellet, my mag is slightly lower on the right side so two pellets could be inserted without rotating the mag.

Last edited by lleader on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 am 

lleader wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

I have a PX4. That looks like my mag. No big slots on either side.

Yup - I think that is the solution to my problem: wrong mag won't work properly in the P-25!

Might even have damaged things internally by trying to make it work... :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 am 

See my edit above.