Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:02 am 

Well, this is a long shot, but what the hey. I'd really like to get my hands on one of these. If you have one you will part with, or know somebody with one who might, or even know of someplace that has them for sale this side of the ocean please let me know. They are readily available in Germany but the shipping/export is just too much.

It is an adapter that replaces an 88g CO2 cylinder with 2x12g regular cylinders. One of it's features that is especially nice is that it has a check valve built in that allows it to be removed without losing all the CO2 remaining in the unit.

I don't want it so much to save on CO2 costs now that 88/90g cylinders are $8.50 (2 for $16.99 at CTC) but so I can repeatedly disassemble my CX4 without throwing away $8.50 worth of CO2 each time I test something.

Attachment:
walther_co2_adapterset.jpg
walther_co2_adapterset.jpg [ 31.94 KiB | Viewed 2667 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 am 

Good luck and let me know if you find one; I've been looking for a couple of years. How much are they from Germany?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 am 

If you can confirm compatibility you can get the Hammerli AirMagnum 2x12gram adaptor from Rob and R&R Air Gun Repair in Manitoba for approx. $120.
I have read it will work in the Umarex Walther lever action even though it sticks out..it will thread and power up.
Great guy and great service getting those nasty Umarex parts.

http://randrairgunrepair.com/home.html

Attachments:
12x2.jpg
12x2.jpg [ 2.33 KiB | Viewed 2634 times ]

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm 

Yesterday I got excited when I came across these (after seeing one of the recent for sale posts) as it appeared to replace an 88g cylinder in a painball marker. On closer inspection the thread looks wrong. I've made a couple of email inquiries to get more info.

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/p/0 ... o2-adapter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Good luck and let me know if you find one; I've been looking for a couple of years. How much are they from Germany?

I don't know for sure. It's complicated. The advertised prices run around 43 to 49 euros but apparently that includes some tax (VAT?) of about 19-20% that may not be necessary if exported. But then when you try to figure out shipping they have country 'tiers' and if they list Canada or USA these extra charges can run as high as 60 euros. I jumped through hoops on one site translating pages as I went and when I attempted to place an order to see what the total came to at one point I had to pick my country from a drop-down menu and Canada wasn't listed. That's as far as I got.

There is also the problem that the adapter comes with 8 CO2 cartridges and that makes it 'hazardous' as far as shipping goes.

Last edited by lleader on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
If you can confirm compatibility you can get the Hammerli AirMagnum 2x12gram adaptor ...

Yeah, I have read about these. They are too long to fit in the CX4 without making a hole in the buttplate (or leaving it off..).
I really don't want to spend that much for a hack job. It does apparently have a check valve though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:41 pm 

Helipilot wrote:
Yesterday I got excited when I came across these (after seeing one of the recent for sale posts) as it appeared to replace an 88g cylinder in a painball marker. On closer inspection the thread looks wrong. I've made a couple of email inquiries to get more info.

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/p/0 ... o2-adapter

That looks interesting. The threads are wrong though. Adapters are available though, but that adds to the length. At least the price is better. It wouldn't take much for them to manufacture one with a different end on it since they make many different adapters. Also, I wonder if it has a check valve - or if any adapter to convert it would have one.

I just read the description - it is 9.5 inches long. An 88g is only 8 inches long.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 pm 

lleader wrote:
Plinkercases wrote:
If you can confirm compatibility you can get the Hammerli AirMagnum 2x12gram adaptor ...

Yeah, I have read about these. They are too long to fit in the CX4 without making a hole in the buttplate (or leaving it off..).
I really don't want to spend that much for a hack job. It does apparently have a check valve though.

You could work out a graceful stock extension rather than popping a whole in the but plate perhaps.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
You could work out a graceful stock extension rather than popping a whole in the but plate perhaps.

That thought has crossed my mind - more than once. But I'm a lot better at taking things apart and putting them back together than actually hewing something out of raw materials.

Also, for the amount of shooting I do I don't mind the cost of the 88/90g cylinders. It's just for when I want to make/attempt a mod to the gun that I would like a better option than bleeding off 88g of CO2.

I do have an adapter for a single 12g cartridge on order from China. It will be adequate for my testing purposes but is probably still 3 weeks away. The Walther adapter would just be nice to have - it fits and offers the removal option without losing charge.

Here is a link to the single cartridge adapter. One problem with it is it is too short to be easily installed in the gun. This won't be a significant problem for me because when working on the gun the outer shell is removed. It doesn't have a check valve but I don't mind wasting a 12g cart (60 cents) as I try things out.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Quick-Change-12g ... 3a945dd5f1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 am 

Just an up-date;

I heard back from the supplier and in order to use the RAP4 twin 12g adapter (http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/p/0 ... dapter-239 ) with an air gun designed to run on the 88g cylinders you'd also need one of these; http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/p/0 ... nk-adapter.

It also seems like there's no check valve although I did not ask specifically about that.

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm 

Hello I'm from Ottawa. I am extremely interested in the above air rifle but have a serious concern with the 88g CO2 cartridges that is preventing me from going ahead with a purchase. I cannot ever see me shooting enough at one session to utilize the total shots available in the 88g cartridge resulting in substantial waste on an expensive CO2 cartridge. I have been reading of CO2 adapters (2x12g CO2 cartridges) and understand that Walther has one available in Europe and Umarex has one, but I’m not sure it will work in the Walther.

I have read this thread and thought I would ask again as previous post are now a couple of years old. Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

Any advice or assistance that you may be able to provide is very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:11 pm 

Saw this on the Pyramyd Air site:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Umarex_850_CO2_Adapter/1136

Opinions seem to vary on compatibility.

Cheers!

ColdAir

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am 

ColdAir wrote:
Saw this on the Pyramyd Air site:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Umarex_850_CO2_Adapter/1136

Opinions seem to vary on compatibility.

Cheers!

ColdAir

I just received confirmation from Pyramid Air rep that this item will NOT work in the Walther Lever Action air rifle. It seems the only one that will is the Walther adaptor and they are only available in Europe. Why this is, I don't know!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:17 am 

Erie-Eyes,

Maybe this? Likely too short to get in and out of the WLA. Didn't see a double cartridge type. :cry:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Quick-Change-12g-12-Gram-CO2-Cartridge-Adapter-with-88g-Bottle-Threads-/391720011558?hash=item5b34550726:g:nX4AAOSw32lYn6kA

ColdAir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:27 am 

Oops,

Just realized this is the same adapter as posted above in 2014.