Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:04 pm 

I had the occasion to take my Diana (with the T05 trigger) for a few shots today. I put my rifle in my trunk, went to buy clothes, then went in the boonies to do some plinking.

First thing I noticed when I shot it is that I was surprised by how much game I had on the trigger. As in there was none at all. The only thing I had shot before was a CP99 (it's a BB pistol) which had much much more creep. The trigger really fits me so I don't think I will be adjusting it.

The second thing I noticed was the dieseling. It was my first time shooting it and there was some smoke coming out (just a tiny amount though). I know it's normal and it must be the oil it was drenched in, but still. It was surprising.

I brought along a plastic bottle of Canada Dry to shoot at and the pellets didn't even poke a hole. There was just a few dents where I hit the bottle. Since the bottle was closed probably that the air trapped inside made it harder for the pellets to penetrate. I also shot wadcutters (RWS Meisterkugeln) which are probably not the best suited pellets to destroy plastic bottles. Each time I shot though the bottle flew. It was quite entertaining.

I had to slap the barrel open but I heard that it settles down and becomes easier to open. Cocking it was absolutely zero problems though.

That little bugger sure is accurate though. I'm a terrible shot and I could shoot these white pollen ball flower things at 10 meters, first shot.

I can't wait to shoot it some more!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 am 

badbromance wrote:
I had the occasion to take my Diana (with the T05 trigger) for a few shots today. I put my rifle in my trunk, went to buy clothes, then went in the boonies to do some plinking.

First thing I noticed when I shot it is that I was surprised by how much game I had on the trigger. As in there was none at all. The only thing I had shot before was a CP99 (it's a BB pistol) which had much much more creep. The trigger really fits me so I don't think I will be adjusting it.

The second thing I noticed was the dieseling. It was my first time shooting it and there was some smoke coming out (just a tiny amount though). I know it's normal and it must be the oil it was drenched in, but still. It was surprising.

I brought along a plastic bottle of Canada Dry to shoot at and the pellets didn't even poke a hole. There was just a few dents where I hit the bottle. Since the bottle was closed probably that the air trapped inside made it harder for the pellets to penetrate. I also shot wadcutters (RWS Meisterkugeln) which are probably not the best suited pellets to destroy plastic bottles. Each time I shot though the bottle flew. It was quite entertaining.

I had to slap the barrel open but I heard that it settles down and becomes easier to open. Cocking it was absolutely zero problems though.

That little bugger sure is accurate though. I'm a terrible shot and I could shoot these white pollen ball flower things at 10 meters, first shot.

I can't wait to shoot it some more!

Glad you like it :D

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun