Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 pm 

Yep, Can Tire has these on sale starting today at an incredible $35. Picked up one already, going under the tree and ought to make my guys super happy. Ideal for younger kids that still can't cock the Red Ryder. CO2 lasts well over 200 (weak) shots. May have to tamper with the transfer port down the road to get a few more fps out of it but as a starting BB shooter, can't ask for much more.

Hurry if you want to make a child happy this Christmas, keeping the long-standing Daisy tradition going - as there are very few in stock. My local stores had less than a dozen at hand prior to the sale starting.

Attachments:
Daisy74.jpg
Daisy74.jpg [ 19.81 KiB | Viewed 1814 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 pm 

Right you are 35.00 bucks at CTC till Sunday and limited to 1 per customer today, good thing I went in yesterday early and picked up 2 one for my grand son one for me. I might even go back tomorrow and grab one more as a future present. A lot of fun so far with a few mods in the near future.
hope everyone gets there's before they are all gone at this price which looks like 50 percent off.

Good luck go get one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 pm 

I'm not falling for your trap again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:41 pm 

This is such a good deal that the Can Tire employee that walked me to the cashier (like someone would shoplift a rifle by sneaking it down his pants...) kept looking at the bright yellow Daisy box. Prying, I realized why: she has a 10 year old boy and was considering one of these as a Christmas gift for him.

Lets put it this way: by the time we got to the cashier she was sold on the idea. So yes, I will take credit for being complicit in making yet another child happy this Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:09 pm 

It chronies at 150 fps :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 pm 

True but with some minor mods this guy had doubled that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1BVU5Ya1_k

If the transfer port is anything like the QB78D then it wouldn't be hard to replace it with a slightly wider one, homemade if need be. Possibly the easiest way to increase the fps. Then again if this gun is as quiet as it appears, will be happy to have my guys try it in our backyard without much worry of the swat raiding us.
I'm even thinking of getting a second for the sake of modding the hell out of it.

I mean, even at its silly low speeds look at all the fun this guy is having: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2jcBeO49E

Challenge you to find an alternative to having this much fun for this little amount of mula.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:14 pm 

Joolz wrote:
True but with some minor mods this guy had doubled that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1BVU5Ya1_k

If the transfer port is anything like the QB78D then it wouldn't be hard to replace it with a slightly wider one, homemade if need be. Possibly the easiest way to increase the fps. Then again if this gun is as quiet as it appears, will be happy to have my guys try it in our backyard without much worry of the swat raiding us.
I'm even thinking of getting a second for the sake of modding the hell out of it.

I mean, even at its silly low speeds look at all the fun this guy is having: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2jcBeO49E

Challenge you to find an alternative to having this much fun for this little amount of mula.

Well.....as you pointed out...its geared for kids.....so yes its great fun for their age group.....
but where does it end for adults.....should not plastic dart guns with the rubber cups also be fun for us.....since it is so inexpensive.....there is a point where a b.b./pellet gun becomes less of a sporting tool and more of a toy and I think this gun is the latter....all plastic...150 fps with 5.2 gr.=.259fpe......if you need to greatly boost the fps to make you happy or content with its performance .....well that proves my point....however...on the plus side....you won't have to worry about "putting your eye out"....not with that gun..... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 pm 

On sale at Walmart, $6.99, ages 6 to 10, or shim the spring for adult fun.

Attachments:
_20171208_222328.JPG
_20171208_222328.JPG [ 15.04 KiB | Viewed 1672 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 pm 

Justmyluck wrote:
On sale at Walmart, $6.99, ages 6 to 10, or shim the spring for adult fun.

Yes....but don't shim it TOO much...lots of fun I'm told but...you know....it becomes Rpal :D