Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:22 pm 

You Clowns crack me So pretty good ya know. What :?: You stating that because the stroke in the LP-53 is to short it won't do that velocity :?: :twisted: You telling me my Chrony is lying :?: Well, I still think that you guy's that mod out these AG's with your own designs is destroying there value in the long run. When say mine was rebuilt with new Original NEW parts that I found in the USA awhile ago for a C-Note when our koin wasn't worth that much. New Piston, new Leather Piston Seal, and the two springs manufactured by Titian Springs out of England if I remember correctly. Give me a break. Ya ruin an old classic, it's worth nothing after. And I can garrantte that the older guys in here who know there business with AG's will tell ya the Same... :lol: Which they've already done that... :) Haw Ha Ha Hehehe

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:42 pm 

Stephen wrote:
All i was doing was passing on some tuning stuff i had experince of

Fine, you have done that, now move on. You are the one that is making a federal case out of this now, and it is too bad that some of us really feel the information is ill thought out and will result in pre-mature breaking of the guns in question. Hopefully, the members will see that and not wish to ruin a nice old pellet pistol.

And now the real meat of this.

Stephen wrote:

My Senior is still going 500fps with Mosquito pellets!

I disagree that your weapon is doing 475 fps with standard pellets.
I know the weapon intimately, and it cannot do this in std form.
The Senior just doesnt, except perhaps if it diesels occasionally.
Seniors will max at about 440fps without modification, and i have never managed anymore.
Very simply, the senior piston represents a very similar stroke to that of the others but with the Phosphor bronze ring sat in a slot 3.8 mm back from the front head, we get lost volume!
The weapon simply cannot (physically) be quite as powerful as one where the washer material actually bottoms out at the back of the piston.
Thus the std. Senior cannot do 475fps outmatching the fully bottoming Premier and Mk1 model, which max at 460fps.
Nonsense!

Webley did once professionally tune the Tempest within there Venom custom workshop but couldnt match the Beeman figures of 500fps.
Indeed they hit 470fps by fitting their very own Venom feathered washer.

I don't care if you disagree with the numbers or not, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE READING ON THE FRONT OF THE CHRONOGRAPH SHOWED. If you don't like it, hit the road but don't imply that I made them up. You are now spouting off numbers in the attempt to baffle the forum with BS and that you are the only one in the world that is capable of having a Senior that does more than 475 fps. I might have raised an eyebrow when I read what velocity reading you got, but I didn't come out and say that it was not possible. I don't care what you have done in the past, or what you will do in the future but what I post are the results I get, so an apology from you would be in good form, right about now.

When you are long winded, is that a sign of Wisdom or Old Age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 pm 

Stephen:

I have a Walther LP-53 that I got as a shooter (rough exterior but good inside) and its performance was very lack luster. I replaced the outer spring with a cut down spring of indeterminate origin and this pistol, with one particular batch of RWS Pistol R-10 read 425 fps. Are you also going to tell me that I am lying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:49 pm 

Some actual, non-biased, test results with Webley pistols can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/m ... 173562644/

Now try to imagine what the oldies could do with new replacement mainsprings, and shooting right up to snuff. 475 FPS from a "healthy" .177 cal Senior doesn't seem out of line at all.

Stephan wrote:
"I have had 8 models." "........based across 30 years of knowing these guns, since my first junior at AGE 10".

I base my opinions and knowledge of these guns upon over 30 years of collecting, and currently posessing in my collection, at least one of just about every model, and variation, of Webley pistol produced, numbering at least ten times what you have claimed to have owned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 pm 

I think that modding in ALL forms is valid. If you paid for it, do whatever you want to it. I do think that if you were to ask most Webley shooters, They would be very happy with the way they shoot in stock form. I mod a lot of my airguns, but these old beauties should be held with a certain regard. I just can't disrespect them like that! Best of luck to you and your "mods".

Post subject: Re: Cocking slot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:49 am 

Stephen wrote:
I am sorry that you have taken humbridge with my posts....ill write into other topics!

:lol:

Shaving a smidge off of your piston is entirely up to you, not all airguns which are old are collectable. Much ado about nothing really.

P.S. You meant to type umbrage, I think.

Post subject: Old Senior
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:49 am 

If you notice, the old Senior managing to hit 450fps, appears to have done it while using 7.6 lights.
This probably is a little bit critical of my general assessment.
Replace those 7.6 lights and we are getting down to 440fps at best (my suggested velocity for un reworked gun!)
Christ if we used 3.3 grain pellets a soda straw might hit 450fps!

As regard the LP53...everyone who has owned one will know that 495fps is nonsense....atleast i speak the truth!
425fps with a cropped down P5 might get the little pistol up above 400fps with light pellets but the upward forces would become quite difficult to tame.
Its an interesting experiment though, and one i might try.

Its possible that you people are getting irritated with me owing to Geographic location.
Seniors, Premiers, and such like are 10 a penny here, but likely scarce where you live.
We used to swap the things for footballs when i was a kid......i think i threw one out one time, and had more than one pinched from my fathers shed.
I used one to shoot nails at 15 yrs...and such.
Small wonder, that i dont hold them with quite the same esteem.

Incidentally, a company called Jean Military Memories (here in England) has about a 1000 of these guns if anyone wants one (not sure on the shipping issues)
Its quite possible that the entire stock could become virtually worthless!
There is a major scare that pistols will get sacked soon, and some companies are busying themselves trying to shift there stocks.
We have just lost air cartidge weapons due to legislation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:10 pm 

You see, that's your problem, Stephen. As long as it is you dishing out the numbers, everything is fine and the whole worlld must bow at your feet. Please, crawl back under your rock until you are man enough to admitt you are wrong. With numb-skulls like you running around the British Iles, it is a wonder that all air guns weren't banned this time around. Pity.

Post subject: Keyrigger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:13 pm 

Me thinks keyrigger is a bit sensitive!
Never mind youll grow out of it when you get married!

Post subject: Figures
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:17 pm 

but my figures all good and true, my sensitive little fellow.
More another time, my old forum has just been repaired.
Good gunning and collecting,
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:48 pm 

Ya know stepan, your thinking is way off of base. I did that test on a Chrony from ShootingChrony after the repair and rebuild. Now your calling me a lair. Your the liar for making a statement like that while you weren't here watching the results, and assuming your RIGHT. Me thinks you just like causing shyte because if your were here you wouldn't be say/doing this to my face unless your more of a fool then I think you are. And those Gamo PBA's did increase the velocity by an unreal amount I almost didn't believe it myself, so I did it afew times to varify my findings. Say what you will, proves my point and everyone elses. :lol:

KM...

EDIT: And by the way, that replacement spring I install was an up-graded spring for this AG by Titian Springs from Europe. So possibly thats why, ever thought of that one :?:

Post subject: Re: Figures
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:13 pm 

Stephen wrote:
but my figures all good and true, my sensitive little fellow.
More another time, my old forum has just been repaired.
Good gunning and collecting,
Steve

I wish we could have discussions without calling each other liars, fine little fellows, overly sensitive guys... I guess some people dont have the capacity for civil debating? See you Stephen buddy, I hope not to see you for a while.

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:05 pm 

Hi ABshooter,

I just don't like being called a liar, it's not very nice thing to say or do unless it's true. I teach my Boy of 5 to never lie to anyone no matter what it's about. Facts are facts, B.S. Walk's. I realize that it's hard to understand how an LP-53 could reach this velocity. But like I said I did a 100% rebuild with brand new parts I found in USA, plus that English or French Spring Company called "Titian Springs" I think I even have the bag it came in and put the old one into it. And yes it was hard to install because it was a tad to longer then the original one :arrow: :)

KM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:24 pm 

Hey guys, um, I guess I stirred up a hornet's nest here...maybe it would be best if we cooled our jets for a moment and let this thread die. Calling someone a liar isn't called forl, even on the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:09 pm 

Trouble is, i merely offered some simple tuning mods and vel. figures for these guns (my first post here) and certain people got pissy about it....seemed unreasonable!
One that critisied me some, ended doing some mods of his own it seems with his own Walther! :?:

I was sceptical owing to the fact (even in Europe and Britain) that all the old Walther seal/billet head units are gone....and 10 years gone!
It is possible to replicate with great care but very little extra return is possible because of the tiny internals, other than a slight increase in smoothness.
Unfortunately you would not be able to fit a longer mainspring niether.
Anyone who has ever owned this pistol knows this, as the system was fully loaded by design, with barely 1mm left in the end of the compression cap with the design spring system in place.

I knew a guy once who fitted an extra packer of about 2 mm below his spring in order to facilitate slight extra compression but it meant having to unwind the end cap (at the base of the cylinder under the grip) by a few turns.
It worked for a few shots but ended up flying off the end, with springs flying out (perilously) after it!
Essentially, the system is a slight design fault, in that the grip cap is merely screwed on by hand.
Springs always unwind anti clockwise on firing ....thus the cap unwinds!!
By backing off his cap slightly to afford the extra packer, he merely exasperated this common problem.

All owners be careful not to let this go unoticed, the cap will eventually fly off....it hurts if it hits in you in the balls!

I have a very fine one (brown grip) if anyone is interested. £100
I will be hanging onto the Webleys with the possibility that the company is about to go bust.
They sadly could not compete in the new pre charge market thats happeneing over here...aslo no Tempests have sold since the detune.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next