Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:03 am 

If you are shooting .177 or .22 balls of any type or manufacturer.....

STOP ANY FURTHER PURCHASE OF BALLS until you have ordered and tried the round balls through Jocelyn Langlois of Cibles Canada Targets.

Phone is 819-778-8857
Address is 181 Rue Saint-Henri, Gatineau QC J8X 4J6.

Jocelyn's H&N (Germany) sources of round balls defy belief in quality PERIOD!. I don't even have to shoot them to see the difference in precision manufacturing. When compared to lead balls from other sources... you WILL use the other brands for fishing weights.

The H&N .22 GRAPHITE balls are FAR rounder and have a far better finish than any other I have seen to date. The diameter tolerances are vastly improved(less deviation ball to ball) over any Argentina sourced balls. In fact I am looking to "unload by pellet trading".... 3 boxes(250/box) of Argentina Lobo's. Anyone interested?....in trading for H&N .22 pellets?

Back to Subject:
The .22 caliber H&N GRAPHITE surface flats/pitting(or whatever) are about 1/2 the size of the Argentina balls or better, Really small!. They even LOOK rounder right in the tin!. (I am not done with measuring), but have found no significant difference in ball WEIGHT from any .22 lead ball.

NOW the COPPER CLAD BALLS!

My rifle rifle barrel (a CR 140 spoon) ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH to shoot the Copper Clads. I can tell you this right off. The balls are better than my barrel ever will be.

The Copper Clad lead balls seem to weigh (groups of 10) the same as lead balls on my scale. But here THE SIMULARITY STOPS!

These balls have a NEAR-PERFECT mirror finish and round shape!. Far better than even the GRAPHITES!. Early measuring by me indicate they are running 5.52 to 5.54 with none below 5.5mm!. EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT FOR PERFECT BORE FIT!. These are probably the ultimate .22 caliber ball obtainable today. (My considered opinion.)

.177 shooters should contact Jocelyn to see if he can obtain GRAPHITE and ESPECIALLY the COPPER CLADS in that caliber. You will not regret following up on this I think......

Strong language posting from me here I know..... but then I've got these new balls to compare and they have changed my way of buying or thinking about buying from any other ball source from here on out.

No....I have not shot any yet..... I do not even need to. Quality has no substitute......EVER!. -LarryS (A U.S. Citizen without any ties to Cibles.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:45 am 

Sound good! 8) I am sold!
How much do they cost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:02 am 

Hi ETA. I don't really know what they would cost the Canadians.

He sent them to me via Canadian to U.S. over the boarder shipping costs and packaging which probably is more than what it would cost you.

I paid $33.00 total for 500 of each type (Copper clad & Graphite). His shipping costs would have to be really high the way they were sent with delivery confirmation and all. So there is no way I can estimate. LarryS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:50 am 

Well if you havent shot any how do you know their so good? Im sure you're not in any way associated with this company you're hocking these products for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:10 am 
Site Moderator

Shipping on pellets is much more economical when purchasing 10 tins at a time. The shipping fees on 2 tins isn't much less than on 10 tins.

Several years ago I learned about a ballpoint pen tube that works for sorting .177 pellets. The tube is clear and tapered so you can drop a pellet in the end and it drops to a specific depth according to size. This idea might work for sorting balls too. Reference marks can be made on the tube body to sort the pellets/balls. The pen is a PILOT BPS-GP
http://www.mediasalesltd.com/products/p ... BPS-GP.htm

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:30 am 
Supporting Member 2013

thanks for the ph# .i'm ordering some today . no one else has them right now. pyramid air has lots of other s but no .22 . same with straight shooters . and everyone .
i got the balls today ,there will be some shooting tonight . can't wait .
thanks