Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crosman PRO77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:36 pm 

specs:

trigger: SA with a crisp 3 LB release
cal: .177 cal BBs
velocity: 250 FPS
powerplant: CO2
capacity: 19 round
barrel: smoothbore steel
safety: lever
number of shots with one CO2 canister: 120

Good points:

-very realistic
-kind of a delay in the blowback
-good number of shots per powerlet
-very accurate for a bb pistol
-large magazine

bad points:

-slide catch will fail if not lubed
-Requires tools to disassemble
-doesn't like oil, you gotta use moly grease on the blowback mech

I've had mine for a month now and I put about 20,000 rounds through it...... Gets about 120 or so shots per CO2 before the blowback starts dying........ Velocity is about 250 FPS or so, Nothing close to the 350 FPS stated by the manufacturer....... Very wide, two stage trigger with a smooth 3 LB release. Blowback is gets noticebly weaker after the first clip...... After 500 rounds, the slide catch started failing due to the lack of lubrication..... After 2300 rounds or so, the slide started "hanging" up on me so I had to strip it down and clean it and regrease...... The blowback is not really as snappy as the PPK instead it comes back very smoothly and molasses-like...... This gun is the most accurate BB pistol I have fired... It should normally get about 2 inch groups at 10 yards......

Hope this review helped......

Post subject: Pro 77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:34 pm 

I too have a pro 77 and have about 750 round through it and have had a complete blast with it. Mine is quite reliable and yes did need to be cleaned of the heavy grease on the slide catch and lubed with a lighter oil.

If you take a look you will notce that there is a lot of blow- by since the Copperheads I use are smaller than the bore, What if you used steel shot closer to the bore ID from a reloading supply and got a little more back pressure? Someone has to try!!!

Cheers,

Kyle
Quote:
:!: DON'T SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 am 

I'm new here, cause i registered to get help with a pro77 i was having issues with, the results i got were terrible...

good:
i agree the slide, and catch...thumb cockable and de-cockable hammer was awesome
with the CO2 installed it evens out the balance a bit for better feel..
was fairly accurate...
when actually operating properly, it cycled quite fast as well

however, the bad:
by eye the velocity seemed a bit lower than i was expecting, definately not 350fps...
finger grooves on grip too small, was not comfortable
i was losing power on 3rd magazine per 12g, horizontal shots were dropping fast at 20 feet, well below intended target at this range.
blowback failed on 4th clip consitantly
the magazine was loose in the grip
jammed at least once, usually 3 time per clip (i'm serious)

i put about 1600 rounds through it it, kept it clean and oiled, but these problems occurred from the first CO2 charge, and first magazine, i hoped it would work itself out, and blamed the mag or ammo, as jamming did not occur when the magazine was not in the grip...however the slide and catch performed flawlessly the whole time i had it, and felt very nice when rapid firing, though the jamming, ruined the reliability, which to me out-weighs any sort of mechanical realism...and also it was a pig on gas, it cost me a dollar to fire less than 40 bb's...

glad you guys like yours, i'm gonna try out a cheaper non-blow back for now, and maybe if i get ballsy, i'll give the pro77 another go, and hope my first impression is isolated to a defective AG...

i'm trying the c11 and elite II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:04 pm 

Sorry to hear about your PRO77. Mine never jammed during it's lifetime... Your jam is probably caused by a damaged part. I retired mine(permanently) a few months ago after more than half the parts were worn. I put about 22K rounds through it and I've had to replace parts about 7 times...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am 

i was quick to blame the mag, or ammo...cause with the mag out, it performed flawlessly...but fully loaded, the first 5 shots or so jammed, and the trigger would not return to its forward position...

Post subject: Re: Crosman PRO77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:28 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Ill say mine is just okay, i had problems with the first 2 i bought i had to return them the third one seems to be working, but im afraid to use it for fear it too will stop working.