Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Cheap Chronograph
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Anything that casts a shadow over the sensor will affect the reading. I have both the Chrony and Chronoscope. The Chrony is the one I use 99% of the time as it is the simplist to use especially if checking multiple shooters at the same time.. The Chronoscope I find is a pain to attach and align on the end of the barrel. A lot of barrel styles that I have that I found it can not even be used on. Looking forward to your review of the PS2 and hope that you don't run into similar issues with it's attachment. Sort of defeats the purpose of portability if it needs to be attached to a tripod to test long barreled Pels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am 

I have always shoot from 3"-6" away from the first sensor with no problems either...

I have always thought the pellet will pass through, and trip off, the first sensor before the air or Co2 behind it has a chance to negate the reading. I don't disagree that the air/Co2 could possibly ruin your reading, I just think the pellet has already passed through before any substantial amount of air/Co2 builds up. Another reason that lead me to this conclusion, is that the very ms or ns the pellet exits there is still air/Co2 coming out of the barrel, which creates almost circular cloud when fully expelled. It doesn't seem possible for that air/Co2 to ever be in front of the pellet, and it cannot retain its speed as a cloud, so the pellet will get there much sooner...Milli or Nano seconds, but when you are working with something that is using the speed of light, that is lots of time :lol:

Just my thoughts, a very interesting topic 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am 

All I know is the price is low enough ,that if the PS2 is not worth a pinch of co** sh**, It won,t hurt too badly. However if it performs as well as the ad. Then I,m in $85. "the difference in the price plus tax and shipping. And a happy camper to boot.
Remember " Bigger or more expensive isn't always better."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am 

joe hickey wrote:
All I know is the price is low enough ,that if the PS2 is not worth a pinch of co** sh**, It won,t hurt too badly. However if it performs as well as the ad. Then I,m in $85. "the difference in the price plus tax and shipping. And a happy camper to boot.
Remember " Bigger or more expensive isn't always better."

Jeez I hope I don,t have to eat those words !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:47 pm 

Nope. the PS2 works great. Great value for the money.