Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: IZH-46m
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:57 pm 

what can you tell me about these http://baikalcanada.com/air_pistols_izh46m.htm acuracey,reliabilty ?

thanks
Neil

Post subject: Re: IZH-46m
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm 

birdwatcher wrote:
what can you tell me about these http://baikalcanada.com/air_pistols_izh46m.htm acuracey,reliabilty ?

thanks
Neil

it's a tack driver trigger is excelent it's a great target pistol for the price . it's a single stroke pneumatic

dasy 953 , ncstar 3-9x42 compact
crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:40 pm 

Yes it is a Target Pistol. Very Accurate, used for 10 Meter Pistol Comp. Yes, Still used although the PCP Pistol are now King. Price is Right and the Trigger is Great and if you have not used a True 2 Stage Trigger before that seems to break exactly when you want it to, subconsciously.
Also read the User Manuel and make sure the breech is closed before Shooting or else you might have to go looking for the Breech Seals. On storing; in my opinion it is better to leave the breech partially open to prevent a set in the breech seals.
Here is a bit of a intro..
http://www.pyramydair.com/video-details/225
Great Pistol.

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:12 pm 

It's a target pistol so to sum it up:
Yes, it should be reliable
Good trigger
Function over form build
Don't even worry about the accuracy, it ain't gonna get much better
Target grips that are included will need to be modified - they're like a roughly shaped wooden block when new
Made to be shot 1-handed
Heavy and front heavy - keep that in mind if you have a balance preference.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 pm 

thanks guys that helps would the tau pistols be considered better or very similar ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 pm 

birdwatcher wrote:
thanks guys that helps would the tau pistols be considered better or very similar ?

acuracy wise it's verry similar build quality is verry similar the real diferance is the powerplant , co2 vs compressed air.

the baikal you need to pump it each time you shoot but the tau is bulk filled so less effort betwin shot.
the baikal is fairly free to operate the tau has co2 price to concider on top.

it's all boil down to what you whant in a gun.

dasy 953 , ncstar 3-9x42 compact
crosman mk1
crosman quest 500x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:53 pm 

http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Bai ... H_46M.html
The 46M is not hard to cock and the grip is designed to be customized to your hand. After I fitted my grips I can hold the pistol with just a slight pressure on the grip, almost an open hand. The pistol is designed to be fired without charging with air so it is easy to work on technique without actually shooting a pellet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:04 pm 

Well How Much do you want to Invest?
The Best 10 Meter Pistol are:
Steyr..LP10. Electronic Trigger and Extra; about ca$ 2,500 - ca$ 3,000.
http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/index.p ... tols/lp-10
Morini..162.E1..Electronic trigger and extra..About ca$ 2,200 - ca$ 2500.
http://www.morini.ch/product_det.php?id=1
Feinwerkbau..P44..ca$ ?..
http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... PageId=156
Benelli..Kite..ca$ ?
http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Armi.asp?ID=134
Carl Walther..LP-400...ca$ ?.
http://www.carl-walther.de/index.php?co ... oduct=1555
There are others, Just a Few...VERY NICE but a lot of $$$, VERY accurate.
Can only Dream.
If you are thinking of getting the Top three above; Give Cibes Canada a call.
http://www.targets.ca/index.asp?Page=1

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 pm 

birdwatcher wrote:

If I had to choose one I'd get the Tau for the lighter weight and more neutral balance. The grips are nicer out of the box too. Also depends on what powerplant you want.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 am 

thanks again guys im fairly new to airguns i am more of a club shooter than a major competitor, so a expensive steyr or walther is not justified. I currently hunt with a tikka 6.5 swede and a CZ manlicher 308 and shoot the swiss rifle program with a k-31 and swede mauser full bore and a cz and a anchutz 1903 target rifles for small bore and a hamerli xese for rimfire pistol. airguns are new to me but i plan on shooting with a german indoor club so im thinking a cz200t and a pistol havent decided which one yet but the bailkal looks reasonable maybe a tau im also looking at a used drulov condor or feinwerkbua 65 if i can find one. thanks again for all the help

Neil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:19 pm 

birdwatcher wrote:

I have both the Baikal 46M and the Tau 7 Sport.

I am new to target shooting with pistols. . .maybe 3 months now.
I think that, so far, the Russian gun ( Baikal 46M) is ahead of the Tau 7
in my judgement.
I have noticed how accurate both pistols are, and how different each one handles.
My 1st. choice is the 46M - it is the one I shoot most accurately with.
I have big hands, so the big grip was not far off.
I shaped it a bit and now it's like a kid glove!
The Tau I found hard to hold, and just kind of unreliable in a way, also never got decided yet on the Co2 thing - don't like it too much at this point.
Easy to see the migration to the PCP pistols.
The sights didn't work well for my old eyes either.
.. also it seems like the sight adjustments go *out* day after day? and the whole gun has to be sighted in again? :evil:
.. However, both the guns are good pieces of work, and my comments are only my opinions eh?
I would get the one that feels best in your hand.
* a dremel and some sandpaper and you can have the grip fitting your hand within in the hour. :mrgreen:
dh

Feinwerkbau 500
Pardini K10
Tau 7 Sport
Tau 200 S

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:12 pm 

I know this is an old thread, but I am a slow reader. :wink:

I just love the 46m.

Quiet, insanely accurate, no worries about co2. If you want to do 5, 10 or 100 shoots, just one pump at a time.

A great way to give yourself a introduction to precision shooting at a reasonable price.

An extremely reliable machine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 pm 

You might also consider the AlfaProj pistols, in either CO2 or PCP , regulated for consistent power, great balance, nice grip out of the box, less challenging to cock and load than the 46m.

CO2; older tech. therefore lower price esp. 2nd hand and really excellent performance, 12 gr or bulk fill, around $400-$450

same pistol but in PCP, newer tech = higher price but still only around $600 new I think

I'm in the minority here but I sold my 46m in favor of the AlfaProj more than a year ago and never looked back.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:58 pm 

Accuracy - If you can outshoot it, then you are already in the top echelon of competitive shooters and own something much more expensive than it.

Reliability - never heard of reliability issues from any owner. Mine would pop the breech O-ring seals occasionally for no good reasons and I would have a hard time finding it on the floor. Replacement seals are cheap though.

However, I would strongly suggest you try it out first before buying one. I never got used to the very front heavy balance and if you are not comfortable holding it, your accuracy will suffer.

The balance of the Alfa Proj is similar to the FWB 65, 80 etc. which is my preference. However, it's a lot more expensive if you have to buy the charging system at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm 

Very agricultural in a world of super looking stuff like Feinwerkbau and FAS etc but that good it can compete with them for half the money.....in some cases 1/4 the money.
One of these won our sillouette pistol side shoot last summer with a B&M mounted scope.
It might be the 7th best target pistol in the world.