Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:14 pm 

My new to me, Diana Model 54 Air King just arrived tonight. First impressions are that it is a nice hefty, solid feeling air rifle with a clear BSA scope. I am going to take it out this weekend and give it a go on some paper and tin cans.
Can't wait for the first spring Field Target shoot.
Have a nice winter.
Thremorewishes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:03 am 

let us know how it shoots, if it looks like yet another person will beat me I may take up underwater basketweaving!!!

I googled it and it sure looks the part!!

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 pm 

BJP wrote:
let us know how it shoots, if it looks like yet another person will beat me I may take up underwater basketweaving!!!
I googled it and it sure looks the part!!

Here's a few pics of the actual rifle.
Left side...
Right side...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 pm 

Looks great, and I know that it shoots hard and surprisingly accuratly.
I love mine. shoots at over 1060 fps with light pelets.
BTW be careful not to get your eye close to the scope, the action and the scope move back almost half an inch with quite a kick.
Warn everyone that is going to shoot it, or there will be hurt eyebrows!
Superb gun, enjoy it.

Air Pistols: Baikal IZH46M; Webley Alecto .22; Umarex Beretta 92FS; Umarex Colt 1911A1;

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am 

Beretto wrote:
...BTW be careful not to get your eye close to the scope, the action and the scope move back almost half an inch with quite a kick. Warn everyone that is going to shoot it, or there will be hurt eyebrows!...

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately, I was unable to get out this weekend due to the rainy weather. Will give it another go next weekend. Fingers are crossed hoping the weather cooperates.
Thanks again.
Greg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm 

Where did you buy it from and what caliber is it? I think I am going to get one too very soon in .22.
Red.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:46 pm 

redlock wrote:
Where did you buy it from and what caliber is it? I think I am going to get one too very soon in .22.
Red.

It's in .177 caliber and I got it used off the Canadian Gun Nutz Forum, Equipment Exchange. Now all I need to do is get out a shoot it. It has been a very busy week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am 

Nice rifle! Remember the 20ft-lb power limit. It may need to be detuned a tad. The target owners don't want holes punched in the KZ paddles.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm 

dhb wrote:
Nice rifle! Remember the 20ft-lb power limit. It may need to be detuned a tad. The target owners don't want holes punched in the KZ paddles.

Good catch! I completely overlooked that rule...Doh!

A quick check on a balistics calculator shows light (7.44 grain) pellets at maximum advertised velocity of 1100 fps = 19.99 foot-pounds.

I have never seen advertised velocity match reality but will make sure to chronograph the rifle to ensure typical FT weight pellets (8.65 grain) are good to go.

Thanks for the information and see you in the spring.