Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:45 am 

I am looking for good places to buy used airguns. This forum is not it, I had one guy refuse to sell for "shipping included" fair enough, but then he went and sold well below the price of shipping included (meaning he lost money) without contacting me to re-offer it. Then another guy backed out of a confirmed deal.

I am looking for a place with honest sellers. I bought from Kijiji but they are anti-airgun so ads get deleted sometimes before you can find them. eBay is anti-weapons. So do we have any pro-airgun used sales websites out there?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 am 

I have never had a problem buying from people through this forum and I have bought and sold many items here, but you need to do your homework, or like anywhere, you are taking a chance...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 am 

I have purchased many, many airguns and accessories through this forum and have been pleased with the vast majority of them. You don't always win though. I just lost one deal the other week because a buyer of one gun also came back and wanted the one I was looking at. Will I die? I think not. Something else will come up. My wife sure doesn't mind if I don't get them all :lol: :lol: :lol: Have patience. There a a lot of GREAT members here and your collection will grow. Trust me. :)

Bart

Crosman:3576;1377;Phantom .22; 760;2289G;2240;C41:782
Daisy:Red Ryder;Model 25;15XT;008;Grizzly 840B;953 Target Pro;201;188;1200:717:880
Walther CP99 Compact
Umarex Steel Storm
Colt 1911 Nickel
Beeman P17
Baikal IZH60
QB78D

OMG 100+ now!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am 

If you are having trouble try Canadian gun nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 am 

OhCanada wrote:
I am looking for good places to buy used airguns. This forum is not it, I had one guy refuse to sell for "shipping included" fair enough, but then he went and sold well below the price of shipping included (meaning he lost money) without contacting me to re-offer it. Then another guy backed out of a confirmed deal.

I am looking for a place with honest sellers. I bought from Kijiji but they are anti-airgun so ads get deleted sometimes before you can find them. eBay is anti-weapons. So do we have any pro-airgun used sales websites out there?

Are you kidding you been here a month and now your bad mouthing this forum cause you say you had two bad deals .I have bought and sold dozens of airgun on this forum for years and never had that much trouble .we have a feed back section on the forum its for bad or good seller or buyer did you post any there or just posted here that were all dishonest your post makes this forum sound bad there is many honest seller and buyer here you just grouped ever one here as dishonest :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 am 

lauchlin wrote:
OhCanada wrote:

Are you kidding you been here a month and now your bad mouthing this forum cause you say you had two bad deals .I have bought and sold dozens of airgun on this forum for years and never had that much trouble .we have a feed back section on the forum its for bad or good seller or buyer did you post any there or just posted here that were all dishonest your post makes this forum sound bad there is many honest seller and buyer here you just grouped ever one here as dishonest :twisted:

X 2!

:!:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:30 am 

just tried registering to Canadian gun nuts,couldn't get through the registration due to political questions
figured more groups, more you learn
i'm new here,joined last week
lol
i found this group very informative
2 attempts at purchase deals, one great, other was a dud
no complaints here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 am 

I've bought one pistol through this site, 4 via Craigslist, and one through 'the yellow forum' on network54. Not the slightest problem with any of these. I do prefer Craigslist though as local, hands-on time with a gun is much better for making a proper decision.

And yeah, dissing CAF as a whole because two transactions with members went sour seems harsh, a bit unfair. I can think of much more obvious reasons to say nasty things about this place... but I'll hold my tongue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 am 

GerardSamija wrote:
I've bought one pistol through this site, 4 via Craigslist, and one through 'the yellow forum' on network54. Not the slightest problem with any of these. I do prefer Craigslist though as local, hands-on time with a gun is much better for making a proper decision.

And yeah, dissing CAF as a whole because two transactions with members went sour seems harsh, a bit unfair. I can think of much more obvious reasons to say nasty things about this place... but I'll hold my tongue.

Quote:
but I'll hold my tongue.

( finally ) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:25 am 

lol
i really like this group
you guys are so fun
i learned alot in the week i'm here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 am 

Life is good. The alternative is very, very poor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:57 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
(finely)

(Or 'finally' perhaps. Nah. I'm probably wrong about spelling too.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:04 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
(finely)

(Or 'finally' perhaps. Nah. I'm probably wrong about spelling too.)

:lol: Oh your a mouthy one stay on topic and stick to the rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm 

Like the OP, I am a fairly new member, so I thought I'd post my (different) experiences.

Since joining, I have bought a Diana 240 (Dr Nick), a Bushnell scope (Reaper), a .22 Alecto (rule911) and traded for 2 Alecto barrels (Gippeto). All transactions went very smoothly, and I would deal with any of these guys (and probably lots of other established members) anytime.

A couple of simple precautionary steps helped me be confident about these transactions:

- Deal with long-standing members. Usually people who put a lot of time into a forum have some investment in terms of their reputation - most wouldn't jeopardize this for a single rip-off transaction. (I recently saw a guy with 7 posts list over $3000 worth of high-end air guns... red flag!)
- search the seller's past posts. you can usually tell a lot about a person from the way they present themselves in discussions where they aren't trying to sell something.
- most basic of all, look at their past feedback - especially the feedback received from reputable members.

These aren't rocket science, but they are the steps I have taken - both here and in an astronomy forum where I have many, many posts/transactions, and so far these very simple steps have served me well on here. I am 4 for 4 in terms of good transactions, so my opinion of this site differs quite a lot from the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:44 pm 

You can try the Yellow Forum Classifieds and a link another provided there Called American Airguns. Many americans couldn't be bothered to ship up here. I just received a Beeman RX2 i .20 cal from a guy in Minnesota. Took a while, but I got it today and am pleased.