Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: My homemade BB trap!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:01 pm 

Finally had time to put it together! :)

I made it from the bottom part of a heavy plastic barrel that was laying around behind the tractor shed since I was... 14? XD Used a saw to cut it down to a size that I could use inside in the winter and gave it a good cleaning. Used some scarp wood to made legs for it to keep it from rolling from side to side, and a piece on the back to keep it level, all screwed in. Next some old heavy styro-foam that has been laying around, damned if I know why though, measure it out cut out two pieces and shove them in, double layered protection! Not that BBs were getting through the plastic anyway, since I'm using it inside, I don't want them bouncing back ;) A bolt hook a couple of nuts and washed and a drilled hole and I have a hanger. You case see in the pic the paper clamp I have in there, I actually hit it directly while aiming for the pop can and it didn't break it at all, just a small dent. I going to add in something so I can hang paper targets, or, at the very least, a piece of cardboard with the target stapled on attached to the clamp :)

I gave it a test and I'm very pleased! The BBs get stopped easily by the first foam layer, and when I picked it up later I found that they had actually passed through from my Swiss Arms 941. I could hear them rolling around in the slight gap between the two layers of foam, perfect! :D

All in all cost me zip! ... Well, unless dad wants that barrel for something later and I'll have to replace it >.> About an hours work or so... with a beer break :drinkers:

Post subject: Re: My homemade BB trap!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 am 

Nice and inventive! good recycling!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 pm 

Nice work! these home made traps seem to last a heck of a lot longer and work better then some store bought products!

Walther PPQ
Walther CP99 compact
Daisy 5502 combat
Crosman 795 (first rifle)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 am 

Thanks! :)

For the size of this thing it's actually rather light. I've picked up a .22 trap before in the box and they're rather heavy, I'd assume a store bought trap for BBs would be similar. But this I can pick up and move one handed :)