Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:59 pm 

AIRGUNS ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least the way I shoot them)

I can't wait to shoot the Fudd match next weekend...........................................

Air Arms FTP900
Air Arms TX200 MK III
CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:00 pm 

The new FT setup proved to be quite challenging. The wind was gusting up to 25kph and with the new layout directions of fire covered about a 270 degree arc. The sunny, warm weather made for a perfect day of shooting. The variable directions of fire really tested people's wind doping abilities. After a year of all lanes facing in one direction, people welcomed the challenge. The wooded lanes gave some shade and targets on trees finally had people aiming above horizontal. The uneven ground on a few lanes added another challenge as everyone is accustomed to nice level ground. We even put in a 3/8" reducer to give folks a taste of the Nationals (don't worry the other tiny reducers will be drilled out to a WFTF legal 15mm). From lane 1 to 15 was about a 400m walk, so we even got some exercise!

My phone died after a couple of photos so someone else will have to post pictures.

WFTF PCP
Dave 44
Brian 26
Sylvain 24
John 22

WFTF Piston
Kevin 11

Hunter Piston
Todd 67
Duncan 47
James 46

Open Piston
Jim 20

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:04 pm 

Thanks for the report.

Really looking forward to pictures from your new match layout. Sounds like a lot of fun, except for Brian. :lol:

There is good news, Brian; no hit zone smaller than 1" at the Fudd.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm 

I had a couple of mistakes in the scores so I figured I would just repost...

The sunny, warm weather made for a perfect day of shooting. The new FT course setup proved to be quite challenging. The wind was gusting up to 25kph and with the new layout directions of fire covered about a 270 degree arc. The variable directions of fire really tested people's wind doping abilities. After a year of all lanes facing in one direction, people welcomed the challenge. The wooded lanes gave some shade and targets on trees finally had people aiming above horizontal. The uneven ground on a few lanes added another challenge as everyone is accustomed to nice level ground. We even put in a 3/8" reducer to give folks a taste of the Nationals (don't worry the other tiny reducers that I have been holding in reserve will be drilled out to a WFTF legal 15mm and 25mm). The Troyer difficulty factor for the match was about 33, which probably makes it our toughest match of the summer. From lane 1 to 15 was about a 400m walk, so we even got some exercise!

WFTF PCP
Dave 44
Brian 26
Sylvain 24
John 20

WFTF Piston
James 11 (with a sub-500 HW97!)

Hunter Piston
Todd 67
Duncan 47
Kevin 46

Open Piston
Jim 20

Roland of NBO Airguns dropped by with an appropriately noisy Canadian-legal Marauder and shoot along for fun to see what FT was all about. From what I saw, he should be a contender in Hunter Division next season...

Lane 1

Lane 2

Lane 3 & 4

The guys were enthusiastic about the wooded lanes and we'll be adding more and extending some of the five we already have next Sunday.

CFSC/CRFSC Instructor