Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:34 am 

I have searched and searched and cant find one on line.
I need the part number for the 2 pronged metal piece that connects the plastic trigger to the metal block on the barrel and moves the barrel forward.
nice gun when it worked. one of the tips broke off the prongs which explains why it was progressively getting worse to trigger as it fatigued I guess.
Any help is appreciated even a "here it is dummy right in front of your internet nose"...I can take it.
Thanks in advance.
gnight

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:35 am 

did you find a source for parts :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:54 am 

From the Umarex web site:

"Airgun Parts

Umarex USA maintains an inventory of airgun parts for most of our cataloged airguns as well as many older model RWS rifles. Parts are not available for sale via our website. Individuals are welcome to order over the telephone, 479-646-4210 ext 7. You can view exploded parts drawings here. Note that we do not offer parts drawings for all air gun products. Parts are not sold to Dealers, Distributors, or Gun Repair Centers. We accept Visa, Master Card, money order, or personal check"

So...even though I cant find the alleged EPD on the site I thin if I can get the part number I can phone in an order.....unless this is all poop......any others tried direct order?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:30 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
I need the part number for the 2 pronged metal piece that connects the plastic trigger to the metal block on the barrel and moves the barrel forward.

I have a unfired broken M&P 40 sitting in the bottom of my pellet bag, my cat knocked it off the couch about two weeks after I bought it, the day before I had planned to purchase CO2.
All thats broken on mine is the magazine latch, a tiny little peice of plastic that all efforts to rebuild have failed, so if you want the part out of mine, I can mail it to you next week.

I've had it since 2009 and haven't managed to do anything with it, and considering I have so many other projects on the go, I don't see myself fixing it in the foreseeable future either.

If you want it, along with any other parts out of it, just shoot me a PM. I think the only things it's missing are the rear "fiber optic" horseshoe sight and the nub on the inside of the magazine latch.

- Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:07 am 

Jay thanks.

Mine is actually starting working now that the fatigued piece has come completely off and I lubed it al up. However, Robipaul and I were going to do a deal for his parts gun and an holsters BUT if Robipaul really wants his gun back in order then he may take you up.

Robipaul what do you think...get rid of yours and get a holster or get a parts gun from GoldenKorsic and get yourself a functional gun?

Jay I had a vision of the rear sight inside a cat for some reason......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 am 

I removed the horseshoe a few days before the cat knocked it down, (side note, the cat just mewed from behind my head, he must know I'm talking about him. He likes to sit on the very back of my office chair near my neck, provided the tilt lock is on.) and placed it in a small container to keep it safe since I didn't like it on the gun, but didn't want to toss it out. I lost the stinkin' thing a few months later anyways when I upgraded to a larger apartment in the same building.
I've since moved again, and I suppose there is a chance it is still in my possession somewhere in a box, but I wouldn't be able to find it.

I can always part the gun up, send you what you need, and send Robipaul what he needs. Something like that.

[edit; In Robipaul's case, the seals in mine are untouched by CO2, so they should be perfect. just a five minute job to disassemble and swap them]

- Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 pm 

greetings

plinkercases; I will certainly honor our first agreement if its what you want, however, if you feel your want to replace the part with what Goldenkorsic has, and you haven't started on the holster yet, I wouldn't mind taking Goldenkorsic's deal. so I'll leave that up to you and you can let us know what you would like to see happen

goldenkorsic; depending on what Murray decides, you can let me have the pistol part, which would be the valve assembly, then, you can PM me for the finer details and all the fun stuff

says something about the pistol when the three of us as some broken part on it :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm 

Well, whatever you two decide, just let me know. The pistol isn't going anywhere in the meantime.

I think the fact that mine broke from a foot high fall off a couch onto carpet before it's even been used once is a pretty good indication of the quality that Umarex bestowed upon this particular model. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm 

come to think of it, what started with only one good pistol and two defective ones, will now create 2 good ones...I like it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 pm 

I'm pleased that mine can be a donor, it gives me a feeling of justification for holding onto it for 4 years despite it being unused and broken.

I sort of have a bad habit of keeping things around because they "might be useful", or are expensive/hard to find and "someone else will probably need it". It drives my Fiance crazy, but it's been a real boon on many occasions and helpful for folks. Thats all the justification I need to keep doing it.

- Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:52 pm 

If the gun goes to Robipaul he can fix his with the valve part then...just pop the small trigger part in the mail to me and we all win.
How that sound?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:03 pm 

Sounds good to me, I can mail everything out next week. Just PM me the address' in the meantime and I'll get the ball rolling as soon as I can.

Robipaul; do you want just the valve, or more of it?

- Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 pm 

hey fellers

the whole thing sounds good to me as well;

Murray if I understand this correctly, I'm to get the whole gun, take apart the trigger and mail it to you

goldenkorsic; I'm sending you a pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm 

Paul you are correct sir. let me know what you need for shipping.

That was fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 pm 

ya actually it was, and still is

just pm'd jay, were trying to figure out the best course of action, ie send me the whole unit, or just send us the individual parts, would be way cool if somebody else would need a part still available off the donor gun :)