Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hatsan At-44 Moly?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:08 pm 

Hi,
Now please remeber that i am still a newbie in airgunning with a lot of enthusiasm. :rolleyes:
In my quest of doing the ``Bob's tune`` I call it i did reassemble the gun without to much difficulty and have good result.
Now have any of you put moly paste ,i have Honda 60 , on the hammer touching the wall tube.

Should I clean this off and us only silicon spary on moving parts.

I realize now that mabe a bit of moly may have mix with the silicon spray i have put in the breech moving parts.

I will accept any input on the specifics of the hatsan lubing steps .

Thank you :roll:

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

Post subject: Re: Hatsan At-44 Moly?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 am 

I wouldn't use silicone spray on any part of the gun. Silicone is not a lube for metal...
Moly paste is a bit thick imo so I don't use it. I mix my own stuff, but you could mix the moly with some thin motor oil to thin it down.... What oil or grease to use on what part is dependent on some things which is why I use several different mixes per gun. It also depends on what you want from the stuff, so lotta factors in choosing the ideal lube, but the moly will work and the silicone will not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 am 

For what it's worth...I polish up the bore of the tube where the striker rides, and paint the striker with graphite. Doesn't change performance when the weather takes a dip temperature wise.

http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_products_gr ... xtreme.php

Available at CT.

Al

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:10 am 

thank you

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm 

I have read that Moly doesn't mix well with Aluminum. Try googling both. I have a .308 Corsair waiting to be repaired with pits in the air valve exhaust seat, I did use Moly on the valve stem. Regards, Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:01 am 

tkerrigan: I've never heard that, and I've seen moly used on alum quite a bit. But I'm talking pure moly, not the paste sold for airguns. I don't use moly at all, I use Tungsten Disulfide which is very similar, but better. I buy it in powder form so I can use it directly on the parts, but also for mixing with whatever lube I consider ideal for the application, and the ratio I want. It's the way to go imo. Buying moly paste is moly powder in who knows what grease, or paste as they call it so who knows what you're getting. Whatever it is it's too thick for most things. The tungsten stuff is better, far more versatile, and cheaper. I don't just use it on guns either, I use it on just about everything. Engines, trannys, gears, joints, shocks, hinges, tools, elect motors, locks, you name it...
https://www.bulletcoatings.com/xcart/pr ... 249&page=1
http://reelschematic.com/isc/products/B ... owder.html