Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Not as big as twister's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm 

His shooting gallery!! Come on guys!! :lol: :lol:

I was lucky enough to do some shooting at twister's place in the summer and his outdoor set up is as impressive as the indoor gallery he just posted.

These pics are from a really quick trip up to a friends place north of Toronto just before Christmas. I had limited space so took the minimum number of rifles; one springer, one pcp and only one set of metal spinners. Thankfully the winter landscape provided plenty of what we used to call "targets of opportunity" when I was in the Canadian Forces.

Here's the setting;

And here's my modest target set up;

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:20 pm 

Where's the top of the target ? I still need to buy one of those.
Helipilot has a great moving target that 2 people shoot at,both at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 pm 

I left the top carousel thingy at home because I wanted everything to pack flat for travel.

I've also got one of these, but it didn't see a lot of use last summer but it may make an appearance at the club soon.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/video/gamo-m ... et-system/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDAqNAnt-Q

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:06 pm 

That sure looks like a nice spot. The running target looks fun, there'd be no stopping us with that :) Have you been at the range since Anthony brought his in? It's built like a tank!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:36 pm 

I want that running target where did you get it ? Damn I have to get out of the suburbs :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:41 pm 

twister;
I really lucked into that running deer target. Airgun source had them for a while (but I didn't order one) but then they were discontinued. I thought I'd totally missed out but later I posted in the "Wanted" section here and sure enough a member had one and let it go for a bargain price.

Jim;
It's a beautiful location in Muskoka, owned but a very generous friend of mine. I have a more or less an open invitation to go up when he goes. It's been a lot of fun over the years teaching non-shooting guests (and his extended family members as well as assorted girlfriends) the basics with my arsenal of airguns. (the full auto Uzi is saved for nubbies who prove themselves worthy! LOL )

I have shot at Anthony's moving target system. Very Fun!! and yes, it's heavy duty for sure. I've even hit the paddles a few times but they are too tough to be knocked down with my puny <500 .177 rifles!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:56 pm 

Helipilot wrote:
I've even hit the paddles a few times but they are too tough to be knocked down with my puny <500 .177 rifles!! :D

Yes, as Anthony would say, it mocks me. I need something with more wallop.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm 

Wow-that is a breath-taking scenery out in the Muskoka Dave! Somehow that spinning target with the "Rooster" looks familiar :wink:
That Gamo moving target system looks like a lotta fun. It'll really complement Anthony's tank of a creation at GTAC. Let the fun begin :D

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 pm 

Looks great - yer lucky - minus 20 here.