Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: HAHA Shoot June 20th.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:12 pm 

There will be a shoot on the 20 of june at HAHA Club http://hahaclub.ca/club-information/directions/
People can contact me to let me know who's coming.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:39 pm 

I dont think I can make the 20th, got a USN knife collectors GTG that day

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:09 pm 

As of rite now I only have one confirmed for the 20th. If this keeps up I may not bother with anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 pm 

It's still going to take place, 10am-3pm at HAHA directions are listed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:02 am 

:D :D I want to thank topher1266 for a great day of shooting!!! :D :D This guy knows how to make a fellow airgunner feel welcome!!

I made a very last minute decision (at 7;30 that morning!! lol) to go check out this event but I'm really glad I did!!! I grabbed my HW 100 (non-pal, .22) knowing it wouldn't be an ideal FT gun but it is my most accurate rifle. By the time I got there topher1266 and Len (formerly Supermatic) and a another gentleman for the Hamilton gun club who's name I've forgotten ( :oops:) had set out about a dozen paper target stands at various ranges for sighting in our rifles and pistols. Together we then set out about 15 (20?) of topher's knock-down FT targets and a half dozen of my metal flipper / spinners.

Once the range was declared active and I'd uncased my gear and approached the firing line Len was already knocking down targets with a match style Co2 pistol topped with a red dot sight and topher was punishing the spinners with his Brocock single shot concept. Our friend from the club was dead on with his nicely customized AirForce .22 (can't recall if it was a Talon or Condor). Before too long we were joined by CAF member ejackyou who went to work with a scoped break barrel pistol before trying out his brand new, very nice looking Hatsan break barrel rifle.

At some point Len noticed a metal gong the club has set up right at the backstop , 100 m from the firing line!!! :shock: Well didn't he start to ring that gong, shot after shot, with an amazing old Feinwerkbau FWB 300S that he'd saved from being trashed and refurbished a few years back. Amazing shooting! Eventually he and I walked back there to take a look our target and measured it at exactly 8 in edge to edge. I managed to make it ring a few times (after getting a wee bit of coaching from Len) , which I was pretty pleased about considering I was shooting sub 500fps. Topher wasn't far behind as well with his trusted Brocock, with us all listening for that tell-tale "ting!" that signals a successful hit.

All in all, it was a fantacic day of shooting. I'd gone out there slight intimidated by the prospect of trying to shoot my first FT match with stangers and eneded up meeting some awesome guys and having some real laughs that come a shared love of air guns. The fact that Len was there was a total bonus, he's done some outstanding work on a few of my guns over the years so meeting him in person and shooting with him was a treat.

I can't say enough about the effort topher put into getting everything in place for this shoot and how welcome everyone made me feel.

I'd suggest anyone interested in getting out doors, flinging some lead and hanging out with like-minded air gun enthusiasts should make the effort to come out to one of these shoots!

Dave

ps oh yes, a few pics were taken so we'll see about getting them posted as well 'cause we all know without pics . . . . haha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 am 

This is why I put these things on. People like you and ejackyou make it worth all the effort. Len helps make it fun by always showing his talent weather it's shooting or the work he does on a gun. I always have a blast shooting with new people. I think that I will keep these shoots just fun shoots for now as to make it not so intimidating for new shooters. So guys come out and have some fun on the 11th of July. I think I'll get hellipilot o write the review for these events he put it into the words I wanted to say but never seam to string them together and thanks Len for the pics that are posted on the CAFTA Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:42 am 

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu21 ... _5359s.jpg
Here are the pics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:03 am 

Glad you guys had fun, I was busy yesterday but Ill also be out to the shoots that Chris has worked so hard for our club to allow!!
Don't let anything about shooting intimidate you, all of us need work and practice to become better shooters (well maybe Len doesn't need as much as the rest of us :), but he has put a LOT of practice in)
Its just always so much fun getting together with others that love to shoot as much as I do :)
See you in July!!!
Mike

PS - I broke the chains on the 100m gong with iron sights on my SKS a week or so ago :roll:

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
1950 Russian SKS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 am 

I thought I was the one who broke the chains? LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:08 pm 

You're right, I think it was you

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
1950 Russian SKS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:31 pm 

With your gun. LOL We'll do some more shootin' soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:45 pm 

A mighty big Thanks to topher for a terrific day.
And many thanks to all for such a warm welcome.
This was my first shooting range experience, and how often
in life does a occasion actually exceed your expectations?
I was totally out of my league with these guys in more ways
than one, but I'm sure I had as much if not more fun than any.
These guys had skills and equipment that outstrips my potential, hard core,
but only marinated with friendliness, enthusiasm and camaraderie, no snobs here.
I had a great time plinking away at the 10-25yd targets, and topher was kind enough
to set up the scope on my new, one and Only rifle, and Len with his vast experience,
is full of tips and positive feedback. heilpilot just got his PAL And RPAL is ready to rock,
but is still totally enthusiastic to all aspects of airguns both rifle and six-shooters!
I really recommend everyone in the Golden Horseshoe at least, try to get out to the next
shoot, especially to the novice shooters like me with even just their handguns, I had a great
time with mine!
It's totally informal with no experience necessary, just safety in mind, and no expectations
from anyone.
Made some terrific new acquaintances, hope to make many more!

Let's help make all of tophers great efforts worth while, did't realise just how much work
went into not just organizing, but setting up these events.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:41 pm 

Chris has put in a lot of time with the clubs management to allow airguns on the range and to allow forward firing positions so that you don't have to fire from the benches
Appreciate it bud and I will always lend a hand or two when needed!!

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
1950 Russian SKS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:25 pm 

There are people you are acquainted with and there are friends. The hardest part of these shoots is leaving.