Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1322 easy way mods.?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:51 pm 

Hi all,

First time posting here, I'm in the process of getting a 1322 Crosman. One mod. that I saw among the endless mods., that you can apply on this platform, was that just with replacing the standard Hammer spring on the 1322, with a more stronger one, you can significantly increase the FPS.?I would like to know what is your take on this topic,what's the level of difficult on this DIY ? any suggestions?, and if any of you has a link of any reputable website of where to get these mods.(Canada)

Thanks in advance for your time.
Marco.

Post subject: Re: 1322 easy way mods.?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:45 pm 

Quote:
. . . was that just with replacing the standard Hammer spring on the 1322, with a more stronger one, you can significantly increase the FPS.?I would like to know what is your take on this topic. . . .

If it is your intention to pump the gun 50 strokes per shot, maybe, a stiffer hammer spring might yield a few more fps. Not "significantly"; if this were the only modification to an otherwise stock gun.

Get a chrony, then let the modding begin. . . . What's your desired fps specification?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:55 pm 

vAgRaNt wrote:
Quote:
. . . was that just with replacing the standard Hammer spring on the 1322, with a more stronger one, you can significantly increase the FPS.?I would like to know what is your take on this topic. . . .

If it is your intention to pump the gun 50 strokes per shot, maybe, a stiffer hammer spring might yield a few more fps. Not "significantly"; if this were the only modification to an otherwise stock gun.

Get a chrony, then let the modding begin. . . . What's your desired fps specification?

there is a bunch of "free'ish" easy mods for this platform but legality plays a key role, chrony it and decide what you want and need from this gun but nothing wrong with adding a spacer under the pumpcup and matching the valve nose cone with the pumpcup (sanding to flush fit) as a start, adds a bit of fps or plugging the bleed hole for the 1322's but again mind your fps there is a fine line between a potent pumper pistol and a "Restricted Firearm"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 pm 

Well,

Thanks for getting back to me first guys, here is the thing I'm just may a little concern that I will not getting the advertised FPS, so I was thinking what is the easy/cheap way to increase the FPS., but I definitely I don't want to go the 500 FPS. limit! Like for instance a longer 14" barrel or the mod. hammer spring?..

Marco.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:12 pm 

no gun lives up to the claimed fps on the box lol a barrel is a good start but are you looking to keep the 1322 a pistol or make it a carbine? a longer barrel on a already long pistol can make it a bit difficult to aim/hold not to mention you may have to swap out the barrelband to a 2289 barrelband in which you will lose your front sight, you could always drill out the factory band to 7/16's to match the barrel o.d but again these guns like the 2240's are pretty much infinite as to what you want to do 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:09 pm 

Quote:
. . . . Like for instance a longer 14" barrel . . .

Might make more sense to source a 2289. 14" barrel is ~20ish% faster than the 10". Still not at "advertised" speed. But a real nice increase in sight radius, which can additionally(but not always) lend to increased accuracy. . . . Great Mod. . .

The Stock hammer spring doesn't need a stiffer replacement, until your pump efficiency is increased to the point where you're retaining air after a shot.

Otherwise, the primary thing that a stiffer hammer spring accomplishes, is stiffened(harder) trigger pull. . . . Questionable Mod. . . .

Read up on tuning the 13/22xx trigger group. It'll end up being an inexpensive mod, that rewards you every time you use the gun. . . Best Mod for this family of guns!
Quote:
. . . a little concern that I will not getting the advertised FPS . . . ..

Correct. You wont.
Quote:
. . .but I definitely I don't want to go the 500 FPS. limit!. . .

No way to assess this, without access to the tools that prove performance. Post your province, maybe someone near you has a chrony you could use to prove your gun over.

You're gonna have a great time with this. . . .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:21 pm 

vAgRaNt wrote:
Quote:
Post your province, maybe someone near you has a chrony you could use to prove your gun over.

You're gonna have a great time with this. . . .

Quote:
Hello from Durham Region On.!

:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:34 pm 

Well, my point was to start with the easiest mod. possible, that's why I was here to ask any input from those already enjoy from this platform..and yes I would prefer to keep it as pistol,hence I forgot that the 1322 has a 10" barrel, longer, if I'm not mistaken,that the one on the 2240 :) ....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:52 pm 

The easiest mod is polishing up the trigger parts and putting in a lighter trigger spring. this will make the gun much nicer to shoot. Then you can up the FPS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:46 pm 

Plasticman wrote:
The easiest mod is polishing up the trigger parts and putting in a lighter trigger spring. this will make the gun much nicer to shoot. Then you can up the FPS.

A softer sear spring too.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm 

Its nice to have a great trigger (i try to perfect that but wont relinquish all my secrets just ask my buyers how well my tuned factory triggers are... "boringly accurate") and a good trigger makes a great gun! But if you want sub 500fps (per law) in a .22cal pumper search rsterne's post on the 2289 he knows his shi...tuff and the amount of mods it takes to bring a .22cal pumper up to the limit is quite a bit... Get a steel breech and some optics, you got a great gun why fart with it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:45 am 

Thanks guys,

I placed the order and My 1322 is on its way here :D so might as well I'll wait to get my hands on it and I'll take it from there :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:44 pm 

Ok,

May be I'll start with compressing a little the trigger spring, since it seems the easiest thing to do?...:wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:12 pm 

Order a whole bunch of parts starting with a steel breech. Lots easier to mount a scope or red dot site on the gun.
An RVA to tune velocity, once you have it figured how many pumps gives you the best accuracy.
I believe I have a Crosman breech and a Machined RVA kicking around for sale.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22