Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:38 am 

Let's take, for example the crosman 357,

Crappy tire, 72 bucks,
Sir mailorder, 65 bucks

D&L, 91 bucks. :shock:

Same, but with kit.

Crappy tire, Not available
Sir mailorder, 109

D&L 139 :shock:

And aint nobody can talk about economy of scale, as even Kevin (airgunsmith) can beat D&L's prices, and he's working out of his garage.

****Now, just in case anyone decides to go all weird on me, I do respect any business owners right to price whatever they want at whatever level they want. I also feel consumers have the right to compare and discuss with other consumers, (it being a free-ish country and all). ******

Am I right? I think so.

Post subject: Prices will adjust
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:21 am 

I do agree with what you have said, but keep in mind, the laws of supply and demand and the competitive nature of the business will ensure that prices remain competitive across the board. Things will even out in the long run. The more dealers we have the better for our interests and I welcome DL's contributiion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:31 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

It costs a lot of money to be able to live in Slurrey. And D&L's place is really nice up on the hill overlooking Lowly Langley. That is why the high prices. It takes Big bucks to live in the car theft capital of Canada. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:30 am 
Supporting Member 2009

Yes but, do you really have to leave a used feminine hygene product on top of your TV stand to remind you of the bleeding !@#$ that stole your TV/VCR/DVD player and stereo?

I also heard that crime stoppers was paying unwed mothers in Surrey to have abortions . . . so many Surrey jokes, so little time. . .

PM me for FTP/valve combos, RVAs, DPHs and assorted brass accents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:06 pm 

I like to support Canadian business. But it never hurts to build up a "relationship" with numerous dealers. I find it helps if you're looking for something unusual or hard to get.

D&R Sports sells the plain 357 for ~US$40. I am almost positive they will ship it to you...doesn't hurt to ask. Shipping is not the cheapest, but not untypical and you will almost certainly not have to pay any tax (I never have) which helps ease the bite. One thing D&R is not accurate with is stock, the operators can not tell what stock is, and they will almost always say something is right there in stock even though they don't really know!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:15 am 

Quote:
****Now, just in case anyone decides to go all weird on me, I do respect any business owners right to price whatever they want at whatever level they want. I also feel consumers have the right to compare and discuss with other consumers, (it being a free-ish country and all). ******

I bought my HW 40 pistol from D&L because of their reputation for excellent service and found, it was well deserved. Some months later I decided to also get the HW 45, sent out e-mails to various airgun businesses requesting a price quotation. Sure enough, D&L quoted the highest prices by a substantial margin. I thanked them for their response, mentioning that I could not ignore this price difference and would buy elsewhere. Their gracious reply was that they understood, they too do their purchases that way.

In my book, D&L are great to deal with. I bought the HW45 from Specialty Shooting Sports, who are also great to deal with. Hello D&L, there is some food for thought here!

OzzieM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 am 

Well I was just quoted $61.00 for a Crossman steel breech kit.....me thinks I will wait 2 weeks and pay $35 from Crossman instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:39 pm 

I'm just speculating here: perhaps D&L bought the breeches when the exchange was much worse?? Or got them from the US? I dunno, but one thing I *do* notice is Crosman Canada seems to adjust their prices pretty regularly based on the exchange rate. Also, Crosman sells the breeches at almost exactly the same as in the US (with exchange), one of the only parts they do that for, most are over 50% more than the converted US price.

But those who have the parts can charge what they want, and those who don't have them can afford to charge a lower price... :D

I've always got exactly what I ordered, and as expected, from D&L. Just got some more stuff today. This is worth something...not to be so taken for granted these days, unfortunately.