Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:16 pm 

Hey guys.

Recently stricken with the air gun bug and thought I'd join this sort of forum in order to try and find advice and perhaps find myself a local air gun pal who has an actual property to shoot in.

I'm in Ottawa (Orleans) so if my neighbors saw me shooting in the backyard, the cops would be over faster than I can say, "it's just a pellet gun!". I think there are bi-laws around here preventing me from enjoying the hobby anyways and the wife would kill me if I shot in the house.

Anyways, my first rifle is a Crosman Phantom. <500 FPS of course. I scoped it myself with a 4x32 and I think.. *THINK* I have it zero'ed in lol. I can only do so much in a tiny little garage. I didn't want to spend a fortune because I wasn't sure I'd like the hobby but only 250 or so shots in and I just want to shoot more and more.

So - and I know this is a pellet shot in the dark, but are there any air gunners who want to make a new friend? Obviously you're probably outside Ottawa a bit, where properties are larger or even have an indoor area setup. But I'd like to find someone to shoot with, who shares the same passion for the sport. You provide the spot and I'll provide the beers, sounds like a good deal right? :)

Anyways - I'm all ears for any advice you guys can provide for break-barrel air rifles. Could be anything. How to hold it, how to clean it, how to maintain it, your choice of pellets, your upgrade path or guns you own, suggestions, etc etc.

See you on the range!

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:06 pm 

welcome, i have the bug too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 pm 

Welcome rizaloo! I hope you find what you are looking for on this forum.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:11 am 

Hello from a fellow forum newbie!

I too am in Ottawa (and yes: within city limits there is a 'no discharging of anything' bylaw). Thus far I have managed to do a bit of casual plinking with friends however I too wouldn't mind finding a decent spot for some airgun shooting. I would be happy to bring along my Diana springers (a 34 in .177 and 350 classic in .22). Feel free to stay in touch - I too will let you know whether I find anywhere with at least the potential of setting up for airgun target shooting.

Cheers,

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:53 pm 

There several Ottawa-area members that get together once a month (often twice a month) for a shoot. You are not alone; seek and you shall find. You could start by contacting newlife.