Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:06 pm 

A member here asked me to post some pics of the 459MT Intermounts as they looked on my 2240 - so here they are:

Info:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_4 ... vetail/190

Pics:

They fit very solidly; and now allow me to mount a red dot or scope on the top of my 2240.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 am 

I just came across this new (not so new but I was not aware of it) picatinny rail mount disigned especialy for the crosman 13xx/2240 with the original plastic breech it looks pretty interesting:

http://clevercraftllc.com/hello-world/

http://clevercraftllc.com/2240-weaver-tactical-mount/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/clevercraft123/m.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9f5TWeXz8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 am 
PGAir wrote:
I just came across this new (not so new but I was not aware of it) picatinny rail mount disigned especialy for the crosman 13xx/2240 with the original plastic breech it looks pretty interesting:

http://clevercraftllc.com/hello-world/

http://clevercraftllc.com/2240-weaver-tactical-mount/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/clevercraft123/m.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9f5TWeXz8

The cost might as well buy a steel breech.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 am 

RobertMcC wrote:

Off course.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 am 

RobertMcC wrote:

And lose the open sights? No thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 am 
Yeah I was looking at them and liked the concept but the price was about the same as a steel breech. That turned me away. I just ended up going with the 459 with a adapter to weaver.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am 
Joolz wrote:
RobertMcC wrote:

And lose the open sights? No thanks.

You loose the rear sight with that new weaver base, you loose the rear sight with the steel breech but you can just install a LPA rear sight.

I don't like the rear sight on the Crosman.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm 

That's the beauty of these intermounts, you can swap back and forth between optics and open sights by means of two screws.
I like the fact the 2240 comes with the peep hole and blade for open sights. In the event I don't like them, I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad those large green blobs most companies slap on their guns and call open sights. Who are those directed at? Blind people? Nocturnal creatures that hunt only during the night and therefore require headlights in order to see the front end of their guns??

Pecking order goes like this:
- open sights
- red dot
- cheater glass (aka scopes)
- laser dot (not necessarily the last pick)

To me shooting isn't shooting unless done with open sights. The rest I see as a fun variation of the sport, a gimmick to take the gun to a different play level. But I'd never install a steel breech on a 2240 if it meant losing the open sights. Thus them intermounts are a cheap solution to add a bit of variation to what seems like a fun shooter. At least for those of us that see a 2240 for what it is, a shooter (and not a lego/barbie doll project)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:49 pm 
Joolz wrote:
That's the beauty of these intermounts, you can swap back and forth between optics and open sights by means of two screws.
I like the fact the 2240 comes with the peep hole and blade for open sights. In the event I don't like them, I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad those large green blobs most companies slap on their guns and call open sights. Who are those directed at? Blind people? Nocturnal creatures that hunt only during the night and therefore require headlights in order to see the front end of their guns??

Pecking order goes like this:
- open sights
- red dot
- cheater glass (aka scopes)
- laser dot (not necessarily the last pick)

To me shooting isn't shooting unless done with open sights. The rest I see as a fun variation of the sport, a gimmick to take the gun to a different play level. But I'd never install a steel breech on a 2240 if it meant losing the open sights. Thus them intermounts are a cheap solution to add a bit of variation to what seems like a fun shooter. At least for those of us that see a 2240 for what it is, a shooter (and not a lego/barbie doll project)

I got a pistol. The rear sight broke and front sight is crooked. Only has a red dot. I got another no rear sight because I got a scope. Another both rail and irons. Than some irons.

I just don't like the 2240 or crosman style optics due to the sight picture. Out of all the sights crosman I found to be the hardest.

My interlocks came in today. Not sure if I like them. Tight as I can I still can pivot them on the barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:09 pm 

When you say interlocks, are you referring to the same ones Doug posted above (what he calls intermounts)? If so that's odd how they wouldn't be solid once mounted. Doug claims his go in place very solidly. But yeah, if that's the case then these would be useless. Can you not compensate by adding some electrical tape to the contact areas? May allow for a tight fit, I'd imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:17 pm 

PGAir wrote:
I just came across this new (not so new but I was not aware of it) picatinny rail mount disigned especialy for the crosman 13xx/2240 with the original plastic breech it looks pretty interesting

PGair, not the same when you consider the cost. Lebaron has the one Doug listed here for just Can$14 (as per their catalogue: http://www.lebaron.ca/annual_catalogue/ ... istols.pdf )

Can$14 is a solution I can live with, compared to what you're listing that go for US$40. Too bad there are no Lebaron stores in AB, else I'd jump on these in a hurry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:05 pm 
Joolz

This is what I mean why I don't like the crosman sight picture. My eye focus on too much in the rear, rather then a flat blade with a notch. I was thinking of filing down the plastic ears or make a new rear sight.

This is my homemade 1740 with the Intermounts. Like I said I can move it pretty easy side to side.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:17 pm 

Think it looks great with the red dot AND the open sights in place. Those look like the same intermounts pictured above. Odd how they don't mount firmly for you. I really can't comment on the 2240's sight since mine came without the rear blade (which should arrive anyday now, thanks to hacked2pieces). But I think I know what you mean, it looks rather blocky instead of a notch. Hopefully the peep hole works well, as I'm looking forward to it. I also find the front blade to be way too wide. May have to look at a creative way to add a very thin post to it.

Is this the Franken1740?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:39 pm 
Joolz wrote:
Think it looks great with the red dot AND the open sights in place. Those look like the same intermounts pictured above. Odd how they don't mount firmly for you. I really can't comment on the 2240's sight since mine came without the rear blade (which should arrive anyday now, thanks to hacked2pieces). But I think I know what you mean, it looks rather blocky instead of a notch. Hopefully the peep hole works well, as I'm looking forward to it. I also find the front blade to be way too wide. May have to look at a creative way to add a very thin post to it.

Is this the Franken1740?

I found the 2240 thinner than the 1377. But I had a gun that the front sight was too wide and at the distance I was shooting it covered the target. I filed it to a point and works much better. You could just file one side and than the other. Thinning it. peep doesn't work too well as a pistol, they work better when its a carbine.

Yes that's the Franken 1740.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm 

I know what you mean about filing down the sides in order to create a less obtrusive chunk of plastic but walla: mine has the useless fibre optics taking up a HUGE amount of space. Just look at the diameter of the damned thing. Now you know why I said above it's directed at the near blind, or nocturnal creatures shooting deep into the night with only the faint moon light for clarity. I mean, are there no machines that can create a small fibre optic strain? Or did every gun manufacturer rely on the results of a single focus group? You know, one where the median age was 78, where half suffered from cataracts and the rest were far-sighted in order to come up with the "standard" for a fibre optic size. Only explanation I can think of as to why companies insist on making fibre optic sights so incredibly large they completely cover the target. :?

This is the reason why I may have to get creative and possibly place a very thin post atop the front sight (and hope the rear can still be adjusted to match).
I may also experiment with removing the fibre optic from the plastic holder and use the hole to see the target. And since I suspect I will greatly enjoy this 2240, it will be worth it coming up with open sights I can enjoy. Now you know why I couldn't possibly swap the stock breech with a steel one. I also have the shoulder stock, so hopefully that'll make using the rear peep hole feasible.

Attachments:
2240-front-sight-with-moronic-oversized-fibre-optics.jpg
2240-front-sight-with-moronic-oversized-fibre-optics.jpg [ 30.78 KiB | Viewed 1581 times ]