Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Finally
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:40 pm 

Man that was fun! First time at the range with the "holy s..it" (name i gave it after i shot it) pic below :lol:

Brought a box of 38 special and ended up shooting only 20 some 357 mag not because it wasn't fun. After shooting about half the box of 38 special which were really fun to shoot, nothing a girl couldn't handle probably cause of the weight of the gun and then i decided to try the real thing lol. My first words and loud exclamation was Oh HELL YEAH! and i giggled like a girl loll. Man! that thing is a sin to shoot and so accurate you just don't want to stop but at one point at about 90 cents a pop ($42.50 plus tax a box of 50) your brain tells you ok i think it cost you enough today. But that was something i can't wait to do again, the blast of it is so addictive it's weird. i think i want a 44 magnum now LOL. And yes i'll get a lee single stage reloading kit soon.

My best targets (of course) 15 meters. I have to get used to the sights everything is a bit low.

357 only

and the second 38's target. Could've shot a few 357's in it before i switched

And so this is my trinity (hopefully i don't rub anyone the wrong way with the idea)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:46 am 

Glad you had fun!!
Its hard to beat a day at the range :(
I can't vouch for pistols, but its just so much fun to shoot my SKS
I'll find myself saying, OK last clip.....and 100 rounds later I find myself still saying the same thing!!!
I'm going Sunday to let a few hundred fly :)

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:32 am 

^^^ have fun, you're right there's nothing like a day blasting those pesky targets loll
Still wish i could shoot cans, watermelons, old frying pans you know fun stuff to shoot :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:10 am 

Just as a FYI i have my sights set on one of these now, Powderfinger61 was right on page 2 of this thread :lol:
Let's see how long it will take for this one... Not holding my breath though, but i figure sometimes next spring if no s*** hits the fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:13 pm 

Holy shiasse !! Cool !!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 pm 

Where does it come from :?: , A M1A1 Abraham :!: or what. point that at me and I will surrender rightaway 8)

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:35 am 

The "purpose" identified on the information for this .460 S&W Magnum indicates "handgun hunting," which is not legal in Canada. Do you think it would be good for target shooting, action shooting, or something else?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:20 am 

Penage Guy wrote:
The "purpose" identified on the information for this .460 S&W Magnum indicates "handgun hunting," which is not legal in Canada. Do you think it would be good for target shooting, action shooting, or something else?

Yup. Fun. Better be handloader though. Factory ammo is shockingly expensive.
Some folks (me included) find a powerful firearm fascinating. I have shot everything from round balls to 600 gr cast slugs out of my .458 Win Mag.
As to the OP -your sig is gorgeous! I never realized just how well balanced the 1911 is until I completed the four day defensive handgun course at Front Sight. My .45? The opposite end of the spectrum from yours... A stock Norinco two tone sport with all the bells and whistles. The machining looks like it was done with a chainsaw, and the bluing is rubbing off the slide from holster wear. No shortage of sharp edges either... But it goes bang every time and chugs through anything I feed it. It is also surprisingly accurate.
Love those great big holes in the target.
Enjoy your jewel!

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:57 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:

Perfectly legal to shoot at the range, of course you can't hunt with it but like Ricksplace said it's going to be fun to shoot and that's why we buy handguns right? Call me collector but handgun wise, having it to fondle is half the fun for me. Shooting it is the cherry on the sundae. So far the 357 makes me smile from ear to ear at every shot, this thing will make me pee my pants LOL I just cant wait to put my hands on it. Might shoot mostly 45 colts with it but the few casulls and 460 that will go trough it i will enjoy fully :D

It's a versatile gun, (which is why i thought of this one instead of the .500) shoot what you can if some week you happen to have an extra $50 get a box of the good stuff, you could get each of those calibers for around $40 $50 for 20 the colts are about the same as the 357's and i'll probably reload those like i do with the 357's.

Edit: this is what it shoots from left to right 45 colt 454 casull and 460 S&W (and a AA for comparison)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:45 pm 

That beats my old Casul in .454!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 am 

It does shoot casulls. i was just checking what i would need to reload those, i don't think i will trust my plated bullet Co. (Campro)for those though. Now that's what you call putting the carriage before the horse that you don't even have yet :lol: . But hey sooner or later it's coming :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:26 pm 

The outside extractor, aka S&W m1911's - is a very good alteration, along with the top-strap web protector to prevent hammer pinch. Meaty hands (OK meat hooks) do get pinched with 'stock' 1911's by Colt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:06 pm 

kobs wrote:
Just as a FYI i have my sights set on one of these now, Powderfinger61 was right on page 2 of this thread :lol:
Let's see how long it will take for this one... Not holding my breath though, but i figure sometimes next spring if no s*** hits the fan.

Sorry to resurrect a year old thread and that I couldn't log in with my old name but it's me and it's to tell you that it took almost exactly a year to the day to get my new gun. Sh** happened but it's here, and i'll be taking it to the range soon :wink: I called it "The Beast"
Btw it was a bit more than the price shown lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:34 pm 

Hole punching with it today, it was fun, not wrist numbing just expensive :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:48 pm 

I like shooting 45 ACP more than 9mm.