Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm 

Hey folks! I adore you guys and your wealth of information, and as such I was currently proposing a question. I have searched google and have found a solution to no avail. I suppose I could break the question into two parts. The first being 1) does a standard crosman probe (or aftermarket for the matter) fit into the crosman steel breech kit. 2) would switching the probe and barrel be the only requirement in either the factory plastic breech and the steel breech from crosman. I am wondering as I'd like to do my upgrade and modding in poeces. I recently added the 1339, crosman stock to my 1377 and have planned to order a .22 probe from end airguns and a .22 calibre barrel as my next step before purchasing the breech. I hope this all makes sense and I haven't befuddled things to much. I look forward to your answers!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:51 pm 

1. Yes the probes are interchangeable.

2. Yes probe and barrel the 2 only things you need to do caliber changes. In either or breeches.

I like ordering from Canada Shooting Supply.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:47 pm 

Leadslinger - thank you very much, I appreciate your advice, though I was fairly sure, you've confirmed my suspicions. It's really quite brilliant the ways crosman has so many interchangeable parts. I think I've got the .1377 modding bug, I had sourced out some parts from d&l airguns as well as the crosman Canada site. I'll give Canada shooting supply.com a try top. Thanks !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:13 pm 

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but;
No, the probes are not interchangeable, from the factory plastic breech to the metal breech, without some modification(s). . . .

The plastic breech bolt, is a peened together one piece unit. The metal breech bolt, is a two piece threaded together assembly .

You'll need to remove the peened bolt handle from the plastic breech bolt, and thread the bolt to accept the handle from the SBPK bolt's two piece assembly. . . . 8-32 (maybe) IIRC.

Great time to add a bolt probe, to ensure pellet seating ahead of the barrel port, for both configurations!

Then yes, the barrel and bolt(assembly) are all that are required for caliber changes. You may want a caliber specific transfer port, depending on chassis state of tune. . .

Good Luck!