Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:40 pm 

Well I want to start a new build and I have some spare parts from a few 2240 and
would like a single pump air pistol that I can use some of the parts from the 2240
like grips trigger barrel and bands whats the number 1377?
I know some guys mod them with flat top pistons and so on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

Yes, you are right. If you want a 22 cal same, you might mean the 1322.

Actually I am thinking about it too. I want to start with the kit (included the shoulder stock), Amazon.ca is selling at 109 free shipping something...

As I have my scope, so I am thinking to order the intermount as well. And I will see if I can fit my scope (not a small one, is a 3-9x40, I measure the size if it's fit, actually the scope will be as long as the gun without the stock...). If it fits okay, I will then buy the steel breech... then a longer 14' barrel for a better look~ Then I will stop there... But it will be step by step~ I am not very handy at the show-off guys on moding this gun, so I won't go too far on it...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm 

FRANK wrote:
Well I want to start a new build and I have some spare parts from a few 2240 and
would like a single pump air pistol that I can use some of the parts from the 2240
like grips trigger barrel and bands whats the number 1377?
I know some guys mod them with flat top pistons and so on.

You're in for quite a journey man! I extensively modified a 1377 to a single stroke pumper, and the highest fps I got was 335 with 7.4 gr. pellets. I had to make a new flat top valve, a flat top piston and a new TP, I used an M4-177 pump tube (longer stroke) and shortened and re-drilled it to be able to fit the 1377 grip and spring/hammer. I'm not done yet, but the project is on the back burner right now. I think I'll have to re-design the valve and piston/pump lever assembly. Ah, and I used a 12'' barrel.

The barrel band from the 2240 will not fit a 13xx tube, because the 2240 tube is 7/8'' nominal OD and the 13xx guns are 3/4'', but the grip and trigger will fit. I'd suggest using a longer barrel than the stock 7 1/2'' 2240 barrel. Also the stock 2240 tube would be too short to make an efficient pump tube, but maybe a 2260 or Discovery tube would work. I think Bob Sterne made a pumper rifle with a Disco tube.

Anyway, the best of luck to you Frank! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:40 am 

The chamber of 1377/1322 is too small to be effective at single pump - no matter how you mod the piston and valve assembly.
The true single pump pistols have chambers of 40-60cc, (hw40 and p17 - 40cc, 46M - 50cc).
The volume is the main limiting factor of a single pump pistols which defines muzzle energy.
With 1377/22 even for plinking at short range you will need at least 3 pumps because of small pump volume. At least without some major changes to construction, like mentioned above :wink: