Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 88g adapter for 12g
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm 
Supporting Members

Does anyone know if this would be long enough to work in the Beretta Storm? I know others are too long. It is 3 inches shorter than the 88g, but would you be able to twist it all the way in?

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Change-C ... 9TA6XBR0DT

Post subject: Re: 88g adapter for 12g
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 pm 

I dont now about that exact adapter, but I have a Chinese made one. It will screw in, but you would need to make a tool to be able to actually use it. It was really tough to get it in and out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 pm 
Supporting Members

You wouldn't happen to have a link? I have been lucky so far to buy out my local CT of 88g but I want something long term, short of a remote line like I had on my Drozd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm 

Not sure that would give you many shots. I read that one of the problems with the Umarex Beretta CX4 Storm is once the Co2 get down a bit in PSI it just stops working...even with some Co2 left in the cartridge.
I was thinking more on the lines of the Umarex 2251006-HAM Hammerli 2251006 Co2 Adapter
A good feature is you can pull the cartridge out without discharging it.

Although Amazon.ca isn't the cheapest it gives you an idea of what to look for.
Pyramyd Air has them on for &110.00 us. So really that's not a bad price for one shipped to Canada...just might take awhile.

Last edited by HuskyDude on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 pm 

I bought one of these a couple of years ago or my CX4. I filed a 'slot' in the top with the intention of making a steel 'T' tab shaped tool to reach down in enough to tighten it. Before doing so I came across a wood paint stir-stick that seemed to be of a harder wood than most. It worked well enough that I never got around to making the steel tool. Sometime after that I got the Walther 2x12g adapter that works in the CX4 so I don't use the single adapter much anymore.

Crude but effective:
Attachment:
CX4-12gAdapter.jpg
CX4-12gAdapter.jpg [ 270.42 KiB | Viewed 1055 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:36 pm 

HuskyDude wrote:
I was thinking more on the line of the Umarex 2251006-HAM Hammerli 2251006 Co2 Adapter

That one is quite a bit too long for the CX4. You would need to make a hole in the CX4 buttplate to let it stick through, and likely it would stick annoyingly into your shoulder. The only 2x12g adapter that can be made to work is this one:

Attachment:
walther_co2_adapterset.jpg
walther_co2_adapterset.jpg [ 31.94 KiB | Viewed 1054 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:03 am 

lleader wrote:
That one is quite a bit too long for the CX4.

Looks like the Umarex adapter is almost 10" long and I think a 88g is just over 8"... my bad...sorry... Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:12 am 

Hmmm. Was doing some browsing around and came across this:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WALTHER-BERETTA ... SwtlhWF9~S

The price isn't too bad but the shipping isn't cheap. They say only one left. The price is the same (in GBP) as on their website. The question is does the quoted price include the British VAT (tax). If so that should be deducted for sale to Canada. I'd be calling to check that out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 am 

HuskyDude wrote:
Pyramyd Air has them on for &110.00 us. So really that's not a bad price for one shipped to Canada...just might take awhile.

fyi. The only shipping option from Pyramind Air to Canada is ups. The worst possible option. You will, I'll restate that, will get charged brokerage fees which makes the purchase more costly than Canadian sources.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:50 pm 

notec wrote:
You wouldn't happen to have a link? I have been lucky so far to buy out my local CT of 88g but I want something long term, short of a remote line like I had on my Drozd

Sorry, got it a long time ago on ebay. I think they are all about the same though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 am 

lleader wrote:
HuskyDude wrote:
I was thinking more on the line of the Umarex 2251006-HAM Hammerli 2251006 Co2 Adapter

That one is quite a bit too long for the CX4. You would need to make a hole in the CX4 buttplate to let it stick through, and likely it would stick annoyingly into your shoulder. The only 2x12g adapter that can be made to work is this one:

Attachment:
walther_co2_adapterset.jpg

X2. Unfortunately, you'll probably never find one. I bought my CX4 several years ago, and I confirmed very quickly that this was, indeed, the only retail-available adapter that would work. I took a much longer time looking for one before I gave up. There was one site in Europe that had them as regular inventory; They were out of stock, and have been ever since.