Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: dianna 48
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 am 

Anybody knows where to but a dianna 48 non-break barrel in Toronto?
thanks

Post subject: Re: dianna 48
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:32 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

edgeofheaven wrote:
Anybody knows where to but a dianna 48 non-break barrel in Toronto?
thanks

Try MrMarvin, I picked up a couple of Diana's from him last year and he's in the Toronto area.....
Here's his PM.... http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/privmsg ... post&u=114 send him a message with your request.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:50 am 

Hi,
A Diana #48 is a Side Break Action Pull...On the Right Side of it :)

Mike... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:05 pm 

Krazy Mikey wrote:
Hi,
A Diana #48 is a Side Break Action Pull...On the Right Side of it :)

side break action is hard to play with? what's real difference between side break action and break barrel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:27 pm 

:idea: Break Barrel just pulls from the barrel down until it cocks, and side pull is exactly what it sounds like, from the right side. Same thing, just in a different way. My Hatsan #100 is an UnderLever which is basically all the same thing. The only difference between my Diana #48/ my Hatsan #100 is the barrel stays riggid. My Hatsan #55 HV cocks by the barrel down. But there all basically have a similar cocking method. The Diana and the #100 have solid barrels, which seem to be more accurate, because they don't move to cock... :wink:

Krazy Mikey... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:43 pm 

does break barrel or not has sth to do with the velocity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:00 pm 

:idea: I'm not sure of what you are asking here. Do you mean is a Break Barrel more powerful then a Side Pull. No :!: The Diana Model #48 stock will average approx: 1150-(fps) Mine does anyways. And :idea: You need a PAL to buy one. There are Break Barrel out there that are suppose to shoot at 1250-(fps) but once your over 1050-(fps) your hitting the Sound Barrier, and that what goes :shock: BOOM :shock: The Diana #48 is one Damned nice AG, in my opinion it's my favorite one, and then my #100. You see if you've got an AG with alot of power you just use heavier Ammo in say a .22cal it creates more (fpe) and don't let it go over 1050-(fps)
(fpe)=Foot Pounds of Energy...
(fps)=Feet Per Second...
If Over the Sound Barrier, and most likely the pellet will tumble, but if a heavier pellet is used, this will stop. And yes a solid Barrel in my opinion is more of an Accuratye AG.

Krazy Mikey... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:08 pm 

in dianna website I saw 48 .22 shoots around 790 FPS, but in most other website, it shows 900 FPS for .22 pellets. which one is more correct?Usually how do you test the velocity of your gun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:12 pm 

you use a Chronograph to measure the Velocity of a gun

Post subject: Re: Diana #48
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:14 pm 

Hi edgeofheaven,
You use an instrument called a Chronograph Y it has two bars coming up like a Y sorta and you shoot between them. And 900-(fps) is more like it. You can get better springs for them then stock. But stock is totally fine with me. Mines a .177cal/4.5mm and it will punch a hole right through a 2"x4"... :wink: These airguns are a solidly built AG. And when I first shot mine it was kinda scary, think about it for a minute. It's very capable of killing very easily. But if I buy another one it'll be in .22caliber/5.5mm 100%... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:51 pm 

Mike is right the .22 is the way to go with the 48, I have the .177 and .22 and they are both awesome rifles, but the .22 just packs that much more punch. My .22 does 785fps with 15.9gr JSB's and 830fps with 14.3gr JSB's, the lightest .22 pellet I have is the Gamo Match at about 14gr and the .22 spits them out at around 850fps. My .177 has thousands of shots through it and with all original parts it still does a consistent 900+fps, a new spring would bring that number up to 1000+fps but I like the way it shoots with the old spring. One thing to consider is the fact that these rifles take some time to learn, and break in. So if you get one in either caliber be patient and have fun. HTH,

Mulby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:20 pm 

i don't know if this is true or not, but is the trigger plastic on the 48? and what about that front site thing? (i dunno if it is a break or what the heck it is)is it plastic? and could it be removed? ive also heard things of barrel droop, making it harder to sight in with a scope due to the need for higher elevation? im just wondering about this rifle, been im my mind for awhile.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:47 am 

lotsofsquirrels wrote:
i don't know if this is true or not, but is the trigger plastic on the 48? and what about that front site thing? (i dunno if it is a break or what the heck it is)is it plastic? and could it be removed? ive also heard things of barrel droop, making it harder to sight in with a scope due to the need for higher elevation? im just wondering about this rifle, been im my mind for awhile.......

Yes I beleive the trigger is plastic, I know that the D20, and 24, and 34 have plastic triggers, as for the site i'm not sure, although keep in mind this isn't cheap crosman plastic either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:53 am 

The triggers are made of a very durable plastic, as is the sight base(or muzzle break), but the sight it self is metal. The newest version(T05)has also a plastic safety switch. I have not experienced any failures in any of my Diana AG's.

Mulby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:31 am 

wouldn't a palstic trigger be very brittle in cold weather? i can see the plastic safety being good for hunting use, no metal "clink" when you take the safety off.