Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:56 pm 

Don't know if these photos will work out but anyway, this is a "prototype" front sight I rigged up out of sticky labels cut into circles and rings with a leather punch. Anyone ever come up with a proper solution like this that would work better with the (1322) peep rather than the standard post which is not great?
Maybe there is a fibreoptic front sight available that works like this?

Attachments:
20180624_145057.jpg
20180624_145057.jpg [ 55.38 KiB | Viewed 1216 times ]
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg [ 1.22 KiB | Viewed 1216 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm 

AH!

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/fibe ... -17xx.html

Although it doesn't look like it would fit the standard 1322 as the blade on the latest design seems to be integrated into the cap on the end of the air tube... (the listing says "longer barrels" because of that I guess).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:27 pm 

I have these available:

Attachments:
IMG_5648.JPG
IMG_5648.JPG [ 121.22 KiB | Viewed 1181 times ]
IMG_5649.JPG
IMG_5649.JPG [ 115.39 KiB | Viewed 1181 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:53 pm 

Maybe you can find a washer the size the of red outer right and carefully drill the smaller hole through the front sight.

I wouldn't do anything to a crosman 1322 though...The sight radius is too short to take advantage of a proper target sight setup anyways. You're better off mounting an optic or using the front post as is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:26 pm 

A rear aperture with a narrow post, small diameter bead or properly sized aperture front sight is the best there is.

An aperture front sight must be properly sized for the ambient light and bulls-eye size to be more effective than a simple

post of bead.

Your front sight, while interesting, is too 'cluttered' for me.

If you want to improve the post (that has all your STUFF on iT), slim it with a file, both sides to scratch marks on the front and rear.

Make it thinner at the uzzle-end to avoid glare from the sides as you look through the rear sight, then simply put a swipe of dry er-race black felt pen

on each side. The dry-er-race are flat black and also make good 'front sight blackeners due to their flat black appearance.

If you brush the dry er-racer off the sight, put some more on. Easy-on, easy off. Permanent marker is shiny and makes a poor sight blackener.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Your front sight, while interesting, is too 'cluttered' for me.

I feel the need for circles to centre them all but it is a good point as it becomes hard to see the target. I also just lost the red circle somewhere between the workshop (spare room) and range (basement)...

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
Maybe you can find a washer the size the of red outer right and carefully drill the smaller hole through the front sight.

Interesting you say that as I had a similar thought. Could also cut a narrow slot to the drilled hole and slide a small 'O' ring into it to be held upright in the hole.

I will play around with a fibreoptic airmec kindly offered to send and see what I can do.
I struggle a bit in poor light though so perhaps will eventually end up with steel breech and optic (my eyes are fussy with red dots as well though).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm 

The front sight you made does not need the blade. If you have a rear aperture, as you do, a front aperture wil give you 2 rings. The bullseye is the third ring.

Thus DOUBLE apertures (front and rear) when placed over the target gives you 3 rings. As I noted above, this is the MOST accurate metallic sight system there is.

What you did on the front sight post on your gun, is to add a ring- ie: aperture, which is NOT needed nor desired on a post sight. Then you put on a white dot which

is on zero value, but looks like a white bullseye surrounded by 2 rings (rear and front apertures) with a post behind it which is of zero value. Where do you place the

target's bull - behind the blade's white dot so it is hidden? You cannot hit what you cannot hold in perfect alignment. If it is hidden behind a tall blade - you will not only

have vertical but horizontal error - thus useless