Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 am 

It looks not like the electrics that keeps have new stuffs every year / month or just in weeks.... It's hard to see a new gun comes out in years... Like the Glock, it takes for about a year to arrive after it announced ...

I don't think there is some one likes just guns, whatever pistol, rifle... Just Anything...

In my own case, I started from replicas and bought some... Then the accuracy of the BB guns just failed my expectation and then I turned to pellet guns and owned my American Classic, German pistols, a Daisy rifle, scopes, red dots, rails mounts flashlights.... And my last one was a little step up to the match grade pistol, a Izzy 46M...

And then, I suddenly found that I lost the interest in buying more guns.... Maybe I have limited money and room place for more guns.... But it looks I won't step into PCP and PAL rated high power guns, and I got pistols, revolvers, rifles already, plus I don't want to buy duplicates or similars .....

Looks the spending on airguns in the short future will be pellets only....

How about your case?!

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:53 pm 

There is almost always another ' got to get this' model that keeps nagging you to find a justification for ' one last purchase'. Not today or even next month but soon.When funds are limited the supply of pellets/BBs is the priority.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 pm 

Personally, I need more. I want them all.
I have a bunch of replicas and the new AR typed rifles from Crosman and AirVenturi are very tempting and I still haven't bought the full auto MP40.
But like you, I've reach a certain point where I won't be buying some type of airguns.
I won't be buying any more springers for example. I've tried a bunch of them, I have no interest in magnum springers, I'm keeping the Nitro pistons, the Diana 24 (or 240, I'm not sure), the Bronco and a few Slavia 618 etc.
I've tried a whole bunch of pumpers and I just can't get around to the pumping 8 times for a single shot, it's just not fun. I'm only keeping a few 2289 because I have a soft spot for take-down rifles.
I did give PCP's a try and again the pump is not for me but the are the pinnacle of the airgunning world.
I don't need or want a PAL so I'm limited in choice. I might give up for a regulated AirArms TDR S510, for now and for me I think it has everything I want, it is the ultimate airgun, again for me right now, that's the thing with airguns... they keep bringing new ones out!

I love CO2 replicas. I don't mind the lack of accuracy from the BB's, they're FUN.

That's the most important thing for me, the fun factor is #1! I guess that is why I have so many types of airguns. Some for plinking, some for target, some single shots, some repeaters etc..

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:06 pm 

I'll definitely be buying more AGs however each purchase will take time as the price point has dramatically gone up with the kinds of ags left for me to buy. I'm not a collector so replicas are not much use to me although I have a few. I have a quality springer and a bunch of general use springers to play around with. That leaves higher end pcps. I won't be buying one a month that's for sure. After that I do not seeing any new ag purchases until something revolutionary is offered. Perhaps when they offer the new ag's that shoot more of a traditional shaped bullet rather than a diablo style pellet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:58 pm 

[quote="jckstrthmghty"]I'll definitely be buying more AGs however each purchase will take time as the price point has dramatically gone up with the kinds of ags left for me to buy. [quote]

You looks similar to me then... The final one I got, the 46m, is the most expensive one in my collection... Then, if I go further... I think it would probably a PCP something and the price will jump up belong a thousand... And it looks I won't spend this kind of money in airguns at the moment so I am just feeling is this an end?!

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:07 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
I don't need or want a PAL so I'm limited in choice. I might give up for a regulated AirArms TDR S510,

I love CO2 replicas. I don't mind the lack of accuracy from the BB's, they're FUN.

That's the most important thing for me, the fun factor is #1! I guess that is why I have so many types of airguns. Some for plinking, some for target, some single shots, some repeater..

Hmm, yeah ~ fun is something else important as accuracy ~ however I think I got enough co2 replicas as I have my 1911 and .357 magnum revolver and some tac pistols, have DA SA and full auto, blowback and non blowbacks.... Maybe I will take time to seek good deal of used and no need to buy the brand new ones...

The TDR is what I want too! But I live in big city, no hunting, no range... I can't see a need to own the high power guns... You just have no where to shoot it.... So those will be on the list but looks I won't have a chance to own them in the coming 10 years or more time.....

~Target~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 am 

I found the more I had, the less I used. Plus the more I flopped around, the no better shooting I was. SO been sticking to using 1 and 1 gun only.

So I narrowed it down to the one Kral. Plus buying a house, its well more adulting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I found the more I had, the less I used. Plus the more I flopped around, the no better shooting I was. SO been sticking to using 1 and 1 gun only.

So I narrowed it down to the one Kral. Plus buying a house, its well more adulting.

But where is the fun in that? Since when is adulting fun?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 pm 

I don't have them All, Yet!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:29 pm 

ejackyou wrote:

Soon as I saw this thread I was waiting for your comment! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 pm 

:butthead:
DDtank wrote:
ejackyou wrote:

Soon as I saw this thread I was waiting for your comment! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:01 pm 

Hah! That's not nice! :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:05 pm 

I feel like the odd one out here but i am fully satisfied with the guns i own now and see no reason to add any others.
Guns i currently own:
Diana 34 premium in 22 cal pg2 vortex kit added
Diana 280 in 177 vortex pg2 kit added
Diana 24c in 177 full power spring with t05 trigger
Diana 24 in 177 full power T04 trigger
Think i have the bases covered for my needs/wants thus no need to aquire more. I enjoy hunting and shooting all of them immensely.
Understandable how some can want to aquire a whole bunch but just doesn't interest me. Is there something wrong with me? Hahaha

Cheers,

Wayne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:25 pm 

Wayne361 wrote:
I feel like the odd one out here but i am fully satisfied with the guns i own now and see no reason to add any others.
Guns i currently own:
Think i have the bases covered for my needs/wants thus no need to aquire more. I enjoy hunting and shooting all of them immensely.
Understandable how some can want to aquire a whole bunch but just doesn't interest me. Is there something wrong with me? Hahaha

Cheers,

Wayne

Maybe You are the odd one out? Many of us like to 'collect', different guns for different reasons!
You're either fulfilled, limited budget or too old!
Whichever, I'll Never have Your Problem!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 pm 

ejackyou wrote:
Wayne361 wrote:
Guns i currently own:

Cheers,

Wayne

Maybe You are the odd one out? Many of us like to 'collect', different guns for different reasons!
You're either fulfilled, limited budget or too old!
Whichever, I'll Never have Your Problem!

Hey insults arent necessary first off. But I do appreciate your reply. Let me answer your assumptions. As earlier stated im fulfilled. I have no issues with someone owning a 1000 gun "collection"...its just not me. Now scotch on the ither hand ..... :)