Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm 

Have you considered offset mount or more specifically offset rings ?
Doc Sharptail wrote:
I am having a good experience with the 700 W pumper.

I think if one were able to find "skinny" 30 mm rings for the Kandar/Discovery series scopes, life would be a lot easier. Those big 4x4 rings take up quite a bit of the rail.

Burris high profile 1" rings. Scope is a banner 3.5-10X. Note placement of rings on rear section of breech rail. Works well enough to get proper eye relief....
That breech is the same profile as the chaser, which I have...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:21 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:

The 4-12 X 40 A/O Vortex Diamondback BDC looks more "stable" in your original configuration.
I can only assume you needed the Vortex scope on another gun;
or more likely, you wanted a lower profile to weld your cheek to the stock..?

What is the rail measurement behind and in front of the Magazine..?
(I realize you use the single shot config; but you still need space to chamber the single shot tray)

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25
Artemis PP750 .22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:37 pm 

Yeah- had trouble with an old steel tube K-3 fogging in the cooler weather. The Vortex ended up on my main hunting rifle.

Front rail section is less than inch- closer to 3/4". Gun is likely dimensioned in metric. Haven't measured the rear rail section. I think it's about 2-1/4". I am fairly certain this breech originated as a pistol configuration, with the rifle series being a later after-thought...

I have plenty of time to work something out with scoping the 700-W. For now, the current set-up works well, and holds a repeatable zero.
The Banner in it's slightly shorter rings cheeks much better than the higher rings on the Vortex.

I have a couple of more scopes to work with yet- Bushnell AR-223 3-9X A/O, and a Legend 4-12X A/O.
Would ultimately prefer to end up with a ranging reticle on this gun. With the 16.0 gr. predator's hold under at almost 1-1/2" at 10 yds with a 15 yd. zero, the D/Z reticle on the A/R scope may be a little more workable than a plain 4-plex...

Would like to track down another 2.5-10 X Tasco target/varmint. The straight mil-dot reticle in it works very well.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 pm 

Rupertt wrote:
It's a credit to your character that you are able to laugh about this lauchlin;
I guess it's that, or cry...

This brings up an excellent point; how is parts availability in North America?
Considering all the different Re-Brands of this Chinese line, has there been
enough market penetration to ensure parts/mods/upgrades are readily available?

I bought the Chaser Kit thinking it was all I needed out of the box, but now
it occurs to me...what if..?

This should have occurred to me when I had so much trouble sourcing
a couple of magazines to go with my order. The Vendor had no magazines
for the Chaser/Stormrider/Dragon Fly/CP1/Artemis/SMK/Etc
AGS to the Rescue...even with the Postal Strike the 2 Magazines landed before the Chaser Kit has..!
(Thanks for the Excellent Turnaround)
Btw, it appears Wes at Airgun & Archery Fun is down to his last magazine too as it only allowed me
to put 1 magazine in the Cart...

How long before your new Sear arrives lauchlin?
I've got more mags coming, should have been here a couple weeks ago already, but will be here soon. Other parts are all available, on warranty from Snowpeak, or your local seller.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm 

I'm concidering the chaser in .22. Has anyone found an accurate pellet for this pistol?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:38 pm 

Aged wrote:
I'm concidering the chaser in .22. Has anyone found an accurate pellet for this pistol?

I shoot .22 Grizzly wadcutters from Princess Auto. I have no complaints the way they shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 pm 

Mine seems to like the 14.3 gr Crosman tear drop points.

Comb will have to be elevated to use scopes with the screw on/off stock.
Best a/g trigger I've come across in a while. After a bit of work, it's in the class of the P-rod trigger...
The grip is designed to help balance the pistol~ it's a bit on the front-heavy side. A straight sided grip like the 13-XX would make the gun harder to handle- especially shooting one handed.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:15 pm 

Finally got my fedex tracking number! Barrel bands should be here early next week for the long barrels!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:54 pm 

Just a note about suppressors on the Diana carbine kit. I've been in contact with the firearms program and they confirmed the supressor for these are totally illegal even if glued on the barrel, and even if you find a US seller sending them to Canada, you are still liable and would be subject to charges if caught with one, even if you were ignorant of the rules.
I sure have nothing against suppressors, and wish we could have them in Canada, but that's the reality of our laws.
If you accidentally ended up with one, unfortunately it's not even legal to remove the baffles. The whole thing (I mean the suppressor, not the gun) needs to be destroyed and gotten rid of, as they no longer even allow shrouded barrels, if the shroud extends past the barrel. That's the legality for anyone wondering, so it's up to you to obey the law or not.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 pm 

My .22 Chaser arrived in the mail today. I haven't shot it yet, I spend the evening cleaning both barrels. Thanks to tips here on the forum I used .080" trimmer line with a flattened end, and patches made from my wife's cotton t shirt. I used rounds of Goo Gone and WD40 til the patches were clean. Tomorrow I'll have to set something up in the basement so I can shoot. I don't know much about guns but the kit sure is pretty nice. The pistol feels long in my hand.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:42 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
........ The whole thing (I mean the suppressor, not the gun) needs to be destroyed and gotten rid of, as they no longer even allow shrouded barrels, if the shroud extends past the barrel. That's the legality for anyone wondering, so it's up to you to obey the law or not.
Regards,
Wes

What about my Marauder I just purchased? It has a shroud that extends past the barrel? Is this the RCMP just making up a new law?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:05 pm 

It could be. The officer I talked with wasn't in favor of the laws, but he said that is the new instructions they'd been given. He felt we should encourage silencers for airguns like the uk6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:39 pm 

How about all the recessed barrels we have? It should be the same thing! This is so ridiculous.
And all the fake supressors that are on the market?

Both the HellBoy and DPMS SBR have recessed barrel. I fitted and airsoft silencer on the HellBoy it doesn't silence it at all. It sounds different yes but quieter? Not even close! if there's a difference it's louder with the mock silencer on it!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:55 pm 

I agree and I regret even mentioning the new rules, as they seem that they are really impossible to enforce without making criminals out of a pile of airgunners. I don't agree and may or may not abide by them myself strictly.
Since I brought it up, it might be wise for me to ask the firearms program for a written description of the law and how they are interpreting it, and what people are expected to do with all the existing guns that have shrouds past the barrel.
Regards,
Wes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:55 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
I agree and I regret even mentioning the new rules, as they seem that they are really impossible to enforce without making criminals out of a pile of airgunners. I don't agree and may or may not abide by them myself strictly.
Since I brought it up, it might be wise for me to ask the firearms program for a written description of the law and how they are interpreting it, and what people are expected to do with all the existing guns that have shrouds past the barrel.
Regards,
Wes

Probably best to not even ask as I would think this would give them more reason to keep looking. ha!