Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 am 

Felt silly doing it but I did anyways, registered my pal rated airgun. Should have left it with the .308 and 20ga at my father in law in ontario...

https://siaf.gouv.qc.ca/individuals.html?L=1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:24 am 

Should have rallied the gun owners and fought the gun registration like the rest of Canada. Your Provincial Government seems to always want the opposite of every other Province. I don't get it. :wink:

Just shot my Princess Auto $39 Grizzly Scout upstairs at 15 feet. Banged of the front sight to get rid of the shadow through my crossbow scope.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:48 pm 

I read somewhere the registrations were approximately 20% of what was registered under the old FED. law.
Sounds like silent resistance to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:02 pm 

shoot wrote:
Felt silly doing it but I did anyways, registered my pal rated airgun. Should have left it with the .308 and 20ga at my father in law in ontario...

https://siaf.gouv.qc.ca/individuals.html?L=1

Only 7% of firearm owners registered theirs. Nice message to them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm 

Regarding a post made by Dukemeister on the possibility of converting a Crosman 1077 CO2 repeater rifle to HPA, I started a project this week and it's coming together pretty well. Today I finished machining the adapter that replaces the CO2 cartridge. It's made of three parts, one tube and two end pieces. There are grooves machined in the end pieces to receive O-ring that seals against the tube. A 2240 recycled end cap have been re-worked and used to keep the adapter assembly secured in the tube (it has the same exact threads as the 1077 tube). I've started but not finished yet the male QD fitting that will screw into the front end piece. Except for the bronze washer and 2240 cap, the parts are made from 304 SS to avoid possible corrosion. Really curious to see how the 1077 will behave under HPA 8)

Attachments:
1077_HPA_adapter.JPG
1077_HPA_adapter.JPG [ 57.31 KiB | Viewed 1033 times ]
Parts.JPG
Parts.JPG [ 36.16 KiB | Viewed 1033 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 pm 

Wow, very nice, looking forward to your results!
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:50 am 

airmec wrote:
Regarding a post made by Dukemeister on the possibility of converting a Crosman 1077 CO2 repeater rifle to HPA, I started a project this week and it's coming together pretty well. Today I finished machining the adapter that replaces the CO2 cartridge. It's made of three parts, one tube and two end pieces. There are grooves machined in the end pieces to receive O-ring that seals against the tube. A 2240 recycled end cap have been re-worked and used to keep the adapter assembly secured in the tube (it has the same exact threads as the 1077 tube). I've started but not finished yet the male QD fitting that will screw into the front end piece. Except for the bronze washer and 2240 cap, the parts are made from 304 SS to avoid possible corrosion. Really curious to see how the 1077 will behave under HPA 8)

Interesting.

The one u.s. version 10-77 I examined wasn't all that impressive, and so far left of center when it came to thinking hpa. Yeah, I know crosman hung a pcp tube on one... , but still.

I would hope for a regulated remote bottle with a top of 850 psi max for a run of the mill C0-2 10-77, and take it no further.
Tube and valve should be fine for such an application. The rest of it I ain't so sure about- bbl retainer and flow path down-stream of the valve are nothing to write home about. I have yet to meet a 10-77 accurate enough for any thing more than very informal plinking.

Still interesting though. Will be watching here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 am 

airmec wrote:

Most worthy of a new post with a "Crossman 1077..." subject title. Too many great, specific tips, etc., like this are lost in long, unfocused threads. Not knocking the (interest) value of this thread; just hate to see this kind of info/inspiration buried in such a thread so that it not searchable, nor is it in a topic area where people can dial into and respond to this contribution.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:59 am 

airmec wrote:

WOW. Would be nice if someone made something like that for the QB78S with the different size tube than the older models. Bought one for bulk fill but idea did not work out for me so kept it running two Caplets but usually I just run one caplet with an empty one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
airmec wrote:

Most worthy of a new post with a "Crossman 1077..." subject title. Too many great, specific tips, etc., like this are lost in long, unfocused threads. Not knocking the (interest) value of this thread; just hate to see this kind of info/inspiration buried in such a thread so that it not searchable, nor is it in a topic area where people can dial into and respond to this contribution.

Will do :) Making the adapter is only the first step, I'm convinced there will be much re-work/tuning/mods to do to the rifle itself to perform at its best.

My very next priority is to check how the valve is secured, and if I need to modify it a lot for HPA. I plan to use a regulated @ 850 psi 48 ci/3000 psi bottle. Of course it'll stay an under-500-fps airgun, and I hope to need to lower the hammer spring tension, it may help to lower the trigger pull. Anyway, just a hope, a lot of things are inter-related into that rifle, I still need to open it to have a close look at how it's working.

Thanks for your comments guys, it's appreciated :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, this adapter will also fit the 2240 pistol with a shorter tube between the end pieces :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:01 pm 

wow.... very impressed airmec.... 8) :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:34 pm 

Ace wrote:
wow.... very impressed airmec.... 8) :supz:

Hey thanks Ace :D Working on our airguns is half the fun right? :wink:

I just finished machining the male QD fitting this morning, the fit is excellent in the female fittings that came with my compressor :) I included a picture of the O-rings I had and used, I think they're Buna :?: Got them at my local RoNa.

Attachments:
IMG_5762.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG [ 156.69 KiB | Viewed 983 times ]
IMG_5764.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG [ 154.77 KiB | Viewed 983 times ]
IMG_5769.JPG
IMG_5769.JPG [ 177.34 KiB | Viewed 983 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:41 pm 

Some more pics of the completed adapter, the adapter installed in the rifle and with the QD hose attached - no clearance problems :)

Attachments:
IMG_5766.JPG
IMG_5766.JPG [ 156.24 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]
IMG_5767.JPG
IMG_5767.JPG [ 165.16 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]
IMG_5768.JPG
IMG_5768.JPG [ 178.14 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 pm 

That's really nice work airmec. Would you post some chrony numbers on HPA before any valve mods?

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:09 pm 

LOL- as I read down the posts, I thought - THAT is REALLY nice work.
Then to the post above this one & Dukemeister beat me to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next