Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Where do you shoot?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 am 

in my basement...up to 10 meters

bench at 10 meters and can move it up to the 5 meter line through the door

rubber mulch in bottom of trap

backside of trap

I rotate whatever I want to shoot up on the table...whether it be bullseye targets, fast paced bowling pin shooting, bell target, chronographing etc. etc.

ImageUploaded at Snapagogo.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:25 am 

YepYep wrote:
Jin wrote:
Thx for your replies guys.

After reading the replies, I cancelled my order.

I do not have a garage qq. Gotta get a house with a spacious basement first.
Many members here shoot well in their Condo apartments ~ just as same, you need a good back trap for the BBs or pellets, then based on how big your room / apartment is, you can make up a ranger as maybe 3m, 5m, 10m....

Shooting is a very good and interesting hobby ~ don't say good bye to it so quick ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

You need to read your tenant/condo contract. Because you could be facing eviction, or charges.. Don't assume cinder block walls are in between. The law still apply in apartments etc. You still gotta be considerate to your neighbors, because life less stressful when you don't have people on your back.

I'll tell you a story about carelessness. One day I took a Crosman Phantom and rough zeroed it at like 5 ft. Well I decided to shoot at like 20ft. Down the hall with my trap in the bathroom. Shooting benched I figured, Ill won't miss. Fired a shot, nothing on paper, fired another, heard ricocheting. Fired another, same thing. Stopped. Went to check and there was 2 pellets ( 22 cal ) in the bathroom. I traced the path and it started by me hitting the top of the trap causing it to richoet. Well one pellet wasn't so lucky and went thru into the neighbors.

Was the last time I shot in an apartment. Lucky no injuries, and it only cost me my damage deposit.

Now I live in my own house, so I shoot in the basement, when it's too cold for the outdoors. All my walls are concrete and even a stuffed rag trap. I still get richoets. I shoot outside with no body behind me. Unlike my neighbor shooting rats, he would shoot towards my house. Be smart. Somethings are best left un said.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 am 

leadslinger wrote:
You need to read your tenant/condo contract. Because you could be facing eviction, or charges.. Don't assume cinder block walls are in between. The law still apply in apartments etc. You still gotta be considerate to your neighbors, because life less stressful when you don't have people on your back.

I'll tell you a story about carelessness. One day I took a Crosman Phantom and rough zeroed it at like 5 ft. Well I decided to shoot at like 20ft. Down the hall with my trap in the bathroom. Shooting benched I figured, Ill won't miss. Fired a shot, nothing on paper, fired another, heard ricocheting. Fired another, same thing. Stopped. Went to check and there was 2 pellets ( 22 cal ) in the bathroom. I traced the path and it started by me hitting the top of the trap causing it to richoet. Well one pellet wasn't so lucky and went thru into the neighbors.

Was the last time I shot in an apartment. Lucky no injuries, and it only cost me my damage deposit.

Now I live in my own house, so I shoot in the basement, when it's too cold for the outdoors. All my walls are concrete and even a stuffed rag trap. I still get richoets. I shoot outside with no body behind me. Unlike my neighbor shooting rats, he would shoot towards my house. Be smart. Somethings are best left un said.

You do have to be more careful when shooting inside an apartment or condo, especially when zeroing as you pointed out. Shooting towards the exterior might be a good idea if you have thin walls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:19 am 

When I can not open attic door when snow on roof, and don't want to stand up in tool room, I shoot ten feet with my Grizzly Scout. Still fun trying to hit a 1/8th dot. Got to do what you got to do. At such short distance I use an Excalibur 4X32 crossbow scope so it is nice and clear at such a short distance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 pm 

basement or the club's indoor range- 25 meter shooting from the kitchen at the range.
here's my basement box.
The second picture is the back-side, bottom picture, the face.
roughly 18" x 19" with 1/4" steel plate on an angle.
I hang a sheet of cardboard from the top surface, then use the clips for target holders.

Attachments:
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG [ 33.71 KiB | Viewed 752 times ]
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG [ 694.29 KiB | Viewed 753 times ]
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG [ 646.7 KiB | Viewed 753 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:02 am 

i got a good chuckle out of this one. It's true, those axe throwing places are everywhere :)
There are two airgun "galleries" in Mtl that i'm aware of (sub-500fps), but they generally don't allow you to bring your own. You have to rent their equipment and use their pellets.

DocGadget wrote:
How hard can it be to open a sub 500fps airgun range? How much can it be to operate? As long as you have a good length available, it should work right?
They're opening axe throwing places everywhere, shooting airguns and airsoft can't be that hard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:57 pm 

Within a city limits - there are insurance costs as well as building rental, hopefully from someone who doesn't have a gun phobia.

On top of that, is are the legal requirements set by police & city governments that will be re-tested after you have 'set things up'.

They will want to ensure you have met their requirements. Insurance is a big thing. What membership costs are you willing to pay?

That membership must cover early development, upkeep, insurance and rent. Big cash outlay or dept to get started.

memberships:

Members here pay $135.00 per year for a single membership, $150.00 for a family membership. Kids, 18 to 24 only pay $60.00 same as

seniors. Our club has been in operation since 1946, so is reasonably well established. WE have 14 different disciplines in town at our 200 meter

range and another 5 out of town at our 1,400meter & 7 bay IPSC and black powder range. General memberships are covered by 3,000,000.00 insurance

for public liability and property damage - that is proved to be THEIR FAULT. That is VERY important.

It's not as simple as it might sound, right off the bat. A BIG hurdle can be local government anti-gun feelings - as in Toronto, but if there are 2 in Montreal, well?

It is interesting you have to shoot THEIR guns. :ANAL:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm 

Corner to corner I have 29 ft. I prefer to target shoot. And being not one into team activity I love it. Sometimes a good friend will stop by and we have a good time. And my wife is ok with my hobby. Fist time I've had one since the girls moved out, no time before.