Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:33 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Whoops. Sorry about that. HW45 = springer. Thanks YepYep.
..... Just noticed I made similar mistake too... I mean HW40 in the previous post, not HW30...

HW30 is a rifle
HW40 is a SSP pistol (P17)....

I apologize.... And I will consider to use another input method on my phone....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Size comparison...

From top to bottom...

Full size rifle - HW35E
Rifle for young shooters - HW30S
Chaser with rifle kit (shoulder stock and long barrel)
2240 with 14 inches barrel and shoulder stock

I did email Wes earlier tiday to see if they have a timeline on when next shipment will be in since they're were showing no stock on their site. Im now thinking I should hold off (if I can, lol) until they come in as opposed to just buying the pistol.

Airforce Condor .177
Artemis PP750 .22
Artemis PP700 .22
Diana Chaser pcp rifle .22
Weihrauch HW40 .177/.22
Webley Alecto .177/.22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:41 pm 

Good luck ~ and I am sure Wes will keep you updated for every news and steps about the incoming shipment ~

I waited a bit for my Chaser too as I should be the first wave of buyers when the Camo rifle kit comes in.... The waiting just worths ~ :winks: :drinkers:

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 pm 

Another option to consider is the excellent Crosman 2300. It's more expensive than a stock 2240 but out of the box it comes with a steel breech, match barrel and the Crosman LPA adjustable sight.

It is only available in .177 so I don't know if that is a factor.

In my opinion it is a very worthy addition to any collection.

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/cros ... osman.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:02 pm 

I know I'm a little late to the party. But would like to add in my 2 cents.

Can't go wrong buying from Wes, he is a good guy and very helpful. He will be a good resource for your 1st air pistol purchases.

Once you get the 2 from Wes, being more of a replica airgun sort of person, I recommend you try looking at a replica pistol. The Colt Peacemaker CO2 single action revolver "Ace in the Hole" is currently on sale at Cabela's for $129.99 with free shipping. This is the best price anywhere in North America for it. For a pistol with only a 3.5" barrel, you will find it fairly accurate in your 10M indoor range. And rates high in the fun/authenticity scale. Some people like the idea of loading shells into a 6 shot revolver, and fanning the hammer. On the same topic, you might also consider the Remington (Crosman) 1875. Also a shell loading CO2 revolver that shoots both BB's & pellets (has different shells for each). With a 6.5" Smooth bore barrel (Internal Length, External dimension is 7.25") it is even more accurate and more fps than the Ace. It can be found for around $150+ at a number of Cdn retailers. There are a number of other single action pellet revolvers to also look at, inc. the 7.5" Colt Peacemakers.

For a more military replica, you should look at the Sig Sauer M17 semi auto pellet pistol. It is a replica of the current US Army handgun. May not be the most accurate, but high on the fun/replica side. It has a lot of modern advancements, like belt fed pellet system and unique piercing system. Also a number of similar types of pellet guns like this.

I have all 3 pistols mentioned above and enjoy using them all.

And then, if you are into Glocks, their is the new Glock CO2 pellet pistol that is suppose to be out later this year.

So, you can't just have 2 pistols, you always need more.

Good luck, and welcome to the addiction.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:21 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
I've never personally used the buckmark, from what I've heard it seems good as a "first pellet pistol".

It seems with up to a $200 budget, the OP is willing to spend a little more.

My first pellet pistol was the Crosman Vigilante, but if he has a small backyard/ lives in a populated area, I'd say to stay away from it because it's pretty loud. When I first got it we lived in the GTA in a residential neighborhood, we had to go all the way to waterdown to a gun club there to shoot it at their archery/airgun range, only costed $5 to shoot as a guest. Anyways, it must be pretty loud as the sunday mornings my father and I went on, there were guys shooting trap, and some of them came over to see what we were doing because they said they could hear it from where they were, which was on the other side of the property.

I'd still recommend staying away from anything gas or pcp powered as well and go with lever or single pump simply because he wouldn't need to spend money on "fuel", which means more money for pellets - more shooting.

I watched some videos on that P17, and it does seem pretty good, so here's another vote for the P17 I guess.

It is not! Passed 5ft it sucks

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:37 pm 

[emoji38] I was cheated by another YouTube video, the guy used the Buckmark to shoot a whole checken he bought from the supermarket and showed off the pellets can penetrate into the chest for about an inch.... So I think that's not too bad....and anyway I like the look of the Buckmark plus price dropped....

Then, I found out it's as weak as the pellet looks like need a second to reach the pop can 5m away and can only make a dent... Faint out for its power....

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am 

BB1Shooter wrote:

Can't go wrong buying from Wes, he is a good guy and very helpful. He will be a good resource for your 1st air pistol purchases.

Once you get the 2 from Wes, being more of a replica airgun sort of person, I recommend you try looking at a replica pistol. The Colt Peacemaker CO2 single action revolver "Ace in the Hole" is currently on sale at Cabela's for $129.99 with free shipping. This is the best price anywhere in North America for it. For a pistol with only a 3.5" barrel, you will find it fairly accurate in your 10M indoor range. And rates high in the fun/authenticity scale. Some people like the idea of loading shells into a 6 shot revolver, and fanning the hammer. On the same topic, you might also consider the Remington (Crosman) 1875. Also a shell loading CO2 revolver that shoots both BB's & pellets (has different shells for each). With a 6.5" Smooth bore barrel (Internal Length, External dimension is 7.25") it is even more accurate and more fps than the Ace. It can be found for around $150+ at a number of Cdn retailers. There are a number of other single action pellet revolvers to also look at, inc. the 7.5" Colt Peacemakers.

For a more military replica, you should look at the Sig Sauer M17 semi auto pellet pistol. It is a replica of the current US Army handgun. May not be the most accurate, but high on the fun/replica side. It has a lot of modern advancements, like belt fed pellet system and unique piercing system. Also a number of similar types of pellet guns like this.

And then, if you are into Glocks, their is the new Glock CO2 pellet pistol that is suppose to be out later this year.

Ill definately consider getting a replica(s) once I get these two first. These collections seem to add us quickly espacially once you add on the rifles. tx

Airforce Condor .177
Artemis PP750 .22
Artemis PP700 .22
Weihrauch HW40 .177/.22
Webley Alecto .177/.22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:00 am 

yannicksjh wrote:
Ill definately consider getting a replica(s) once I get these two first. These collections seem to add us quickly espacially once you add on the rifles.

you have no idea yet but you will.... :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm 

yannicksjh wrote:
BB1Shooter wrote:

Ill definately consider getting a replica(s) once I get these two first. These collections seem to add us quickly espacially once you add on the rifles. tx

Oh you didn't read the warnings before coming here? It's a very slipery slope you're getting onto!
Now it's just that one, oh and I have a little money left so I'll get that one too and you start shooting them andoh and you read about this and that and hmmm that one seems nice and more accurate than mine, oh and a break barrel would be cool to bring to the cottage on week-ends... and how about those gas ram ones, those might be even nicer and what's all this talk about PCP's, they can't be THAT great... or can they? Only one way to find out right!

And next thing you know, you have... well you don't know how many you have because you don't have room to store them all in one place!

There's a few weirdos that can control themselves and the "fear the man with only one gun because he knows how to use it" thing but I'm not one of them at all. To me they're like golf clubs, different guns for different things and replicas are just on another level of collectability (is that a word, or did I just made that up?) and since they're relatively inexpensive you'll get more and more. I have somewhere between 50 and 100 airguns. And get the wife to like them too, it will make your life way easier.
Good luck with your first purchase and don't say we didn't warn you... you WILL be addicted to this!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
yannicksjh wrote:
BB1Shooter wrote:

Oh you didn't read the warnings before coming here? It's a very slipery slope you're getting onto!
Now it's just that one, oh and I have a little money left so I'll get that one too and you start shooting them andoh and you read about this and that and hmmm that one seems nice and more accurate than mine, oh and a break barrel would be cool to bring to the cottage on week-ends... and how about those gas ram ones, those might be even nicer and what's all this talk about PCP's, they can't be THAT great... or can they? Only one way to find out right!

And next thing you know, you have... well you don't know how many you have because you don't have room to store them all in one place!

There's a few weirdos that can control themselves and the "fear the man with only one gun because he knows how to use it" thing but I'm not one of them at all. To me they're like golf clubs, different guns for different things and replicas are just on another level of collectability (is that a word, or did I just made that up?) and since they're relatively inexpensive you'll get more and more. I have somewhere between 50 and 100 airguns. And get the wife to like them too, it will make your life way easier.
Good luck with your first purchase and don't say we didn't warn you... you WILL be addicted to this!

Not there yet but 4 Rifles in the last month (one I didnt even receive yet as its still in the mail), 2 pistols today (not even shipped yet), chronograph (also ordered today).....
But I see where your going with this

Airforce Condor .177
Artemis PP750 .22
Artemis PP700 .22
Weihrauch HW40 .177/.22
Webley Alecto .177/.22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 am 

[emoji38] what a nice start ~. congrats ~

Enjoy your new hobby ~ :drinkers:

~Target~

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:52 pm 

yannicksjh wrote:
Not there yet but 4 Rifles in the last month (one I didnt even receive yet as its still in the mail), 2 pistols today (not even shipped yet), chronograph (also ordered today).....
But I see where your going with this

Oh you're in it good. It's too late now, there's no coming back. Everytime you'll think you just need one more they'll be coming out with a new one.

I tought I was good with my AT44 and 1701P carbine as far as PCP's go and then I tried a friend HW100 carbine with the gorgeous laminated stock...
It's a tack driver, it's beautiful and that trigger!!! That thing is amazing! The first stage it's like the trigger is gliding on some smooth surface and the second stage... I know it's impossible but the it's like there's a magnet inside your finger and one on the trigger and the trigger is puling your finger. It's like a magic trick. You're not getting it and a bit puzzled but amazed at the same time.

So, yeah, never done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 pm 

Quick update......Ended up going with a HW40 (purchased from a fellow member) as per all the P17 recommendations. Had a chance to try it out over the last couple days and absolutely love this plinker, what a great first pistol. It was a tough decision between spending more and go with the HW40 rather then the P17 but this also came with a .22 and .177 barrel, seemed to be a little higher quality after research and will probably be in my collection for a long while so didn't mind spending the extra money (although for the price might still pick up a P17 for fun and compare).

As for my second choice went with a Diana chaser (rifle kit, so I guess its a pistol for now). There was no stock in Canada anywhere so had to order from pyramyd air (with exchange, shipping and duties was the same price as Canadian vendors which I'd rather support but couldn't give me a time line on stock). Found on a couple U.S forums stating that the silencer can be removed as many said it was glued on there and wouldn't be legal in Canada. Well turns out it CAN be easily removed and was lock tight treaded on there and was removed with just my hands (well wearing gloves for better grip). Now I can just remove the tip from the pistol and interchange it with the rifle barrel as needed. I've only had a chance to try it as a pistol but so far its not hard to like, sure its only better as a rifle. I'm sure this one will most likely stay as a rifle more times then not so might pick up a 2240 shortly to try out as well in order to have pistol that stays a pistol, lol.

Thanks again for all the recommendations, you guys did well!

Airforce Condor .177
Artemis PP750 .22
Artemis PP700 .22
Weihrauch HW40 .177/.22
Webley Alecto .177/.22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 pm 

Congrats!!

You did a very good choice on a HW40 ~ I started with a P17 too. The first one I received was a lemon but thanks to the great CS, I had it quickly exchanged with another one. Shoots so accurate and let me know the air gun can be that accurate which I never imagined...

But as I didn't do anything to pre-maintain the gun before using it, very soon I got leaking issues due to the seals. But it's very easy fix although took me a hard time to find seals for a reasonable price locally... Then it had other issues too,... Anyway about some hundred shots, you need to do something to keep it shooting... And as I already became familiar with the P17, and I really like this SSP setting and the design of the gun, I bought a new HW40! And so far, my HW40 just ZERO issue and needs very little service, just two or 3 drops of pellgunoil on the compress stem to let it bring the oil into the tube for the seals ina very long time that's enough!

And later, when I saw Mr.Marvin listed an old P3 ( same gun as HW40 but branded as Beeman) kit, I grabbed it too. And now I shoot the old P3 more than my HW40 ~

One day you may buy yourself a P17 for comparison... But I think you can save that 50 buck to buy more pellets for your HW40. The price difference really tell the truth. IMO, the P17 is not comparable to the HW40. Just like you compare a KIA to a BMW ( that's not yet 4 times price difference...). For the budged first gun, a P17 will be the best choice, a great value to the money which can't be beat. But if you can offer a HW40, no need to look back...

~Target~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next