Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 pm 

Just got the new Springfield M1 Carbine, .0177 steel BB, semi-auto rifle, with wood stock.

Great gun!

Tried it out last night at 23 feet on my indoor basement range shooting at 4" targets. Here are my results, right out of box.
- 1st 2 shots .75" low of centre.
- Since no elevation adjustment, just adjusted POA. Next 3 shots, all in 1" bull's-eye, 2 slightly to right.
- Remaining 10 shots left in 15 shot mag. rapid fire (semi-auto) 7 in 1" bull's-eye, 3 flyers within 2" ring.
- Reloaded mag. with 15 more BB's. 1st 10 shots rapid fire, 8 in 1" bull's-eye, 2 flyers, 1 in 2" ring, 1 just outside that.
- 11th shot, took time to aim properly, dead centre

If I could figure out how to load pictures, I will add them.

Comments: Really nice gun. Real nice accuracy right out of box. Did not need to adjust sights. The real wood is worth the extra price. Using Crosman CO2 and getting approx. 50 good shots per cylinder. I think that's not bad for an airgun with heavy blowback like this one. Shot count similar to my CO2 Uzi with similar blowback action in semi-auto mode.

Mag. release button and mag. insertion are a bit stiff. But hopefully will improve with use.

Only complaint is the 15 shot magazines. Metal follower that pusher BB up the mag. broke on 2 magazines I have (bought extra mags.) after 1st use. To reload BB's now, must ensure metal follower does not slide in front of BB's when loading. Makes it a pain to reload. As well, clip that holds follower open, does not stay locked open on one mag. Slips out of slot to hold it, all the time.

Tying to contact Air Venturi about issue. Have not been able to reach them yet. But problems like this are sometimes expected, when a gun 1st comes out. I recall the legends MP40 having feeding/jamming issues when it 1st came out. I waited until the 2nd model (weathered with leather sling) came out, and this issue was resolved by then.

In summary, if you are looking for a replica (WWII) BB rifle, that has nice accuracy for a non-rifled BB gun, this is a must buy. The real wood will also make it look nice in the display case.

If you are more into airguns for hunting or competition target shooting, this might not be your thing.

Wes, at Airgun & Archery was very helpful in getting me one of the 1st of these in Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:34 pm 

hey BB1...

how many guns you bought this year?

..so far. :D

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:45 pm 

10 so far this year. Total count is at around 55. Mostly replica airguns in my collection, and a couple of rifles for pest control.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:11 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Howdy BB1,

Thanks a million for taking the time and effort to post this review -sounds like a sweet rifle. 10 new guns this year? You've got the bug bad sir! :D

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 pm 

It's an addiction. I keep telling myself it has to stop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:22 pm 

Yeah, real wood is rare in a BB gun~ although I can imagine how nice it is, please figure out how to upload pictures, and we need you to prove it ~ [emoji38]

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:24 pm 

BTW, not all 10 are "New", just new to me.

5 are various versions of the Daisy 1894 BB rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 pm 

Hello BB1, sent you a pm...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:10 am 

Got a call from Air Venturi. Lots of buyers are experiencing problem with magazine follower. They are sending out replacement magazines. Hopefully that will solve problem.

Still using it with broken mag. Just takes longer to reload. Great gun. Still averaging around 50 good shots per CO2. Nice blowback. Just got to count your shots or listen carefully as, like the Uzi, does not lock back after last BB shot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 am 

That's a good shot count!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:04 am 

Photo's are a snap here, especially with a hosting site such as imgur.

Imgur you can click and drag from, and just insert the image tags.

Lots of info here on this site on how to post pix. If someone as technically challenged as me can do it, anyone can...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:45 pm 

Update. Air Venturi send me replacement magazines. All now working perfectly. Looks like bad batch of magazines.

My recommendations:
1) Pay a little more if you can & get the real wood stock.
2) Need a couple of mags. as only 15 shot mag's & max. 50 good shots per CO2. So shooting session will be more fun if you are using 2 (or more) mags.