Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Diana Chaser anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 am 

Has anyone messed around with the Diana Chaser CO2 pistols? Thoughts and opinions? They are a clean looking unit, well thought out, but quality and accuracy are the unknown factors... before I give it a try, thought I would see if there is any experience out there in digital land...

Post subject: Re: Diana Chaser anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 am 

Better deal than a Crosman 2240.

You get a breech with scope rails, the stock more stable if you purchase it. Don't need to upgrade to a multi shot breech down the road. Just buy a mag. Slightly longer barrel. Adjustable trigger. You get more options.

The quality is a bit better then new 2240 out there. The only thing I didnt like is the plastic end cap. But you cannot see it with the grip on. Gets mangled if you tuning or taking it apart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:39 am 

leadslinger wrote:

Agreed ! If you don't want go too far away with the 2240, you get almost everything you need with one stop at the Chaser.

If you do want a fully customized gun, the 2240 will have much more aftermarket parts for your choices. But end up your 2240 will cost multiple times of money than the Chaser and the original 2240...

My Chaser rifle kit...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:00 am 

Only bad thing I heard about the Chaser, Rebel, Storm rider, guns that use the same breech setup. Is the handles. They're slightly undersized so there is bolt slop, that some people have broken them. Not sure if it because the force of the air pushing back the bolt, or the forward motion of closing the bolt.

Down side is, they're a little bulky compared to say a 2240.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 am 

while you press the trigger, the 'recoil' from my Chaser will bounce up the bolt handle, but looks my 2240 will do so similarly but just not that high like the Chaser does... I usually will use my thumb to press and hold the bolt handle down when shooting... And it looks not that easy to break that bolt, right?!

The initial investment on my Chaser is larger than the 2240, but if you mod the factory 2240 to have the same functions as the Chaser, it will cost you more... At least I think of putting a multi shot capacity on the 2240 for some time and never done just because too costy. And after I got the Chaser, I never think about the same thing again~ [emoji38] (and found that multi-shot ability is not that useful as it says...)

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 pm 

@ hoytcanon

The chaser is a better deal with a caveat.
The 2240 is a more expensive option if you want to mod it but initial quailty is higher.

The chaser and all the other rifles that share the same breech are much better $$ deal but really require some work to make them shine.
Ie Completely diisamble and clean main tubes and barrel as they can be very dirty.
The lead in needs smoothing and polishing to smoothen the action
The bolt can also use some 2000 grit wetsanding if you are picky.

Between The under sized bolt and the often poorly machined chamber lead in it can make these breeches rough and hard to cycle and can cause the bolt handle to break but is an easy fix.
A larger diameter (4.5mm) handle helps to lock up better or ( brass sleeve or electronics heat shrinks tubing on stock handle works) or a custom bolt handle..

Inspect the muzzle as the cown may be rather ugly and benefit from recrowning or even a barrel chop and crown as some have rifling damage from factory near the last ⅜ of the barrel from unfloated crowning bit.
These mods cost nothing more than elbow grease and and are well worth it as the finished product can be really great.

Basically chaser comes with most mods a 2240 might got through costing 300+ dollars for just some time and elbow grease.
Go chaser!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:45 pm 

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/air-rifles/ and http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/air-pistols selling them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:32 pm 

I have just the Chaser pistol and also have the 2240. Both shoot very well. 2240 is better for a holster when I go into the bush to work on my 3D archery coarse. Had to change 2240 to fibre optics sights so I could see them. Changing the sights were almost the price of the pistol. Chaser is my main pistol for target with a red dot on it. Don't think you could go wrong with either one. All so shoot two P17's. All other pistols were sold off because of not shooting accurately as above 3. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 pm 

Thanks for the feedback... I already shoot a modded out 2240... and for sure it cost 3-4 times a standard Chaser... but it carries nicely in a bandolier holster for grouse while bowhunting. I also have a Benji HB22, that is bone stock and I am trying to find an EB20 or EB22 for a light pack carry. I got right out of PCP a few years back but am debating on picking up one of the low end packages, like a Benji Disco or Beeman QB Chief or trying the Artemis M11... leaning toward the Beeman, but would be open to opinions on these as well... thanks. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 am 

hoytcanon wrote:
Thanks for the feedback... I already shoot a modded out 2240... and for sure it cost 3-4 times a standard Chaser... but it carries nicely in a bandolier holster for grouse while bowhunting. I also have a Benji HB22, that is bone stock and I am trying to find an EB20 or EB22 for a light pack carry. I got right out of PCP a few years back but am debating on picking up one of the low end packages, like a Benji Disco or Beeman QB Chief or trying the Artemis M11... leaning toward the Beeman, but would be open to opinions on these as well... thanks. :)

Could try and find a Crosman 150. Guy not to long ago, had a 157, and a 126 ( Ted Williams ) for 100$ + shipping each.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:15 am 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Agreed ! If you don't want go too far away with the 2240, you get almost everything you need with one stop at the Chaser.

If you do want a fully customized gun, the 2240 will have much more aftermarket parts for your choices. But end up your 2240 will cost multiple times of money than the Chaser and the original 2240...

My Chaser rifle kit...

hey yep- that barrel -- scope --and tripod look really good on that color of couch. but where the heck is your Diana chaser. ahhh I see it now when I look closer-- boy the camo really does do a good job. seriously tho. it looks really great. I like it a lot. and I just wanted to ask one question.? can the bolt action on them be switched to the opposite side. thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 am 

Yep~ I believe normal ppl would only see the barrel and the scope plus the bipod if your eyes are sharp ~ [emoji38]

You can go directly to ask Wes, where I got my Chaser from~ it's 100% sure you can have the right side bolt. But I am not sure if Wes have them currently...

As I never used a left side bolt before and I like to try the new things in my life so I am happy with my current Chaser~ and of course if you get used to the right side bolt and don't want a change, Wes will always give you the best response ~ ;-)

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:04 am 

Hi! Yep I've got right side breeches here.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:12 am 

YepYep wrote:
Yep~ I believe normal ppl would only see the barrel and the scope plus the bipod if your eyes are sharp ~ [emoji38]

You can go directly to ask Wes, where I got my Chaser from~ it's 100% sure you can have the right side bolt. But I am not sure if Wes have them currently...

As I never used a left side bolt before and I like to try the new things in my life so I am happy with my current Chaser~ and of course if you get used to the right side bolt and don't want a change, Wes will always give you the best response ~ ;-)

You can order the cr600w with the same stock as the diana in black , right hand side breech.It just has a longer co2 main tube that takes 3 co2's. It only use 1 co2 at a time with 2 in reserve.
For the chaser to have right hand side bolt requires new breech .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:49 pm 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

My Chaser rifle kit...

Beautiful rifle. I think I have the same front barrel band and am wondering which bipod you have ? It looks like it threads into the band ? Cheers !

Crossman Backpacker .22
1970s Relum Telly .177
1970s Slavia Liberty .177
Crossman 357 .177