Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Karl Puncher One
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm 

Was wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience or insight on a Kral Puncher One? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Post subject: Re: Karl Puncher One
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 am 

A few guys on here have bought them. I've sold a few and so has Canadashootingsupply.ca. Nice and powerful! Maybe somebody will chime in on their experience.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:24 am 

What is it power wise compared to a Airforce Condor .25 ? Is it comparable?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 am 

I was getting over 1000 fps with 25gr and 925fps with the 33.95gr jsb heavy. 64.5ft/lbs!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:38 pm 

Ok, seeing it's a close clone of an Airforce Condor, what can be done to it? As in putting on a high flow valve, different bottles for more air capacity, a stock like a MadDog for a Condor. This is my first look at buying a PCP air gun, my other choice was a Kral Puncher Mega. They are both in the same price bracket, but I like the aftermarket products for a Condor. I also like the power and ability to make it what you what. Sorry for the long winded, and constant questions but I research everything to death before I commit to spending money.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:28 pm 

Steve ,
I don’t have first hand experience with either of the guns that you have mentioned . I do have experience dealing with both Wes (airgunarcheryfun ) and Raman ( canadashootingsupply)and can vouch for excellent service .

You probably know this but the more power you make the more air it takes ( obviously) so depending on what you plan on shooting should make a bit of a difference . I prefer magazine fed over single shot , having easily adjustable power is pretty much a necessity. I hunt primarily with my rifles and have come to the conclusion recently that 50FPE at the muzzle is enough to take any small game I hunt.

I would go for the Kral puncher over the One for the reasons I’ve listed . And in .25 cal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:45 pm 

I've heard of instances of Kral Puncher Mega's with issues of cocking handles breaking if you get to aggressive. Now I have no issue with a single shot, I generally bow hunt and use an inline muzzleloader to hunt with. I subscribe to the idea your first shot will always be your best shot. This gun will mostly be a range piece, but people will always want ultimate performance. Don't get me wrong, in no way am I discrediting anyone's ideas or the products that they own. I have a Stoeger X20 in a .177 calibre that I've let people shoot and they can't believe the power and accuracy I get from it. I know alot of people say it's junk, let people use it that called it junk and they were amazed at how it works. If you shooting priced pellets, to me, it has sub standard accuracy. You put cheap Beeman competition pellets through it and it'll parkbpellet on top of pellet. I'm basically like everyone else, wanting a good performing piece with out a staggering cost but I will spend money to get what I want. Personally I like the look of the Puncher One over the Airforce Condor anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm 

well i own the puncher one and a condor both 25 cal the Condor is a better gun in every way ..My Puncher now has Condor tank val and hammer a few new spring and now its very close i don't have much money into the upgrades so Puncher is still a good deal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:53 pm 

Now that's what I was hoping to hear. I would also try to put a MadDog Raptor style stock on it, even if it took modifying the stock to fit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:10 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
well i own the puncher one and a condor both 25 cal the Condor is a better gun in every way ..My Puncher now has Condor tank val and hammer a few new spring and now its very close i don't have much money into the upgrades so Puncher is still a good deal
Good to know they are interchangeable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:12 am 

That was my thought too. I sat looking at both Condor and puncher one in a loop repeated on my computer, saying to myself that they looked the same for parts. So then, how much of the Condor aftermarket parts will fit the Kral? If you could change barrels, that would be a nice option. This post has basically made my decision for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:22 am 

That good that the AF parts, fit the Puncher.

I guess people in the states, are having trouble getting Kral parts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:17 am 

leadslinger wrote:
That good that the AF parts, fit the Puncher.

I guess people in the states, are having trouble getting Kral parts.

Will the barrels of AF fit the kral ? What other parts are interchangeable ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:21 pm 

Lauchlin What vendor did you get your parts from on ebay? Was it ebay.com or ,ca? I have a Puncher One and it's shooting great but Bob [CBS Shooter] is having a heck of a time with his.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:08 am 

topher1266 wrote:
Lauchlin What vendor did you get your parts from on ebay? Was it ebay.com or ,ca? I have a Puncher One and it's shooting great but Bob [CBS Shooter] is having a heck of a time with his.

I will have to look back at my ebay list