Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:49 am 

I was tempted to pick up the Glock 17 Gen 4 on the weekend, but at a price of $190 and owning the Gen 3 version of the gun, I'm not sure if it's a worthwhile purchase. Unless there are folks here who own both Gen 3 and Gen 4 and can convince me otherwise :)

I like the Glock 19 for its smaller size, and if it came with Blowback, I'd buy it in an instant. I'm hoping one day that Umarex will release the Glock 19 with Blowback.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:52 pm 

Maybe consider a Glock 19x. Blowback CO2 BB gun. And it uses same mag. as your Glock 17 Gen 3.

Being sold at a lot of retailers in the $150 range.

I have one, it's got a strong blowback & nice shooter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:35 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Maybe consider a Glock 19x. Blowback CO2 BB gun. And it uses same mag. as your Glock 17 Gen 3.

Being sold at a lot of retailers in the $150 range.

I have one, it's got a strong blowback & nice shooter.

Glock 19X has 3/4 blowback like the 17 gen3

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 am 

Good point about the 19X - I forgot about that version. I'm not too keen on the color so would prefer the black. Then again, I haven't seen the Glock19x physically to judge the color.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm 

Went to Cabela's recently with a friend. We looked at the the Glock 19x BB pistol and then went to the gun counter and looked at the real thing. It is very difficult to tell the difference between the two.

So if you are going for the look of the real firearm, the Glock 19x is about as close as you will come.

Got to hand it to the airgun manufactures like Umarex & others. They are getting the airguns to look about as realistic as can be. With the licencing they are almost spot on. See for yourself
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/132827/g ... uto-pistol
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/133254/u ... -bb-pistol

So if it is a replica of the real thing that you are looking for, the Glock 19x BB gun is it. If Coyote/Tan colour isn't your cup of tea, the 19x isn't for you.

The 19x has a similar sized slide to the 19, but the grip is similar to the 17.

My friend will only buy black or silver airguns. He thinks the tan Sig M17 or Glock 19x, look like a toy. Regardless of the fact that they look exactly like the real firearms.

BTW, the Sig M17, Glock 19x & Beretta M9A3, were all designed for the US Army competition for new service pistol. The Sig won the competition, but Glock & Beretta still introduced their models to the market. Not sure why all come out in Tan, but may have something to do with the US Army spec's. Remember, the last couple of major US conflicts have been in the desert.