Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:15 pm 

Attachment:
products-REgulator.jpg
products-REgulator.jpg [ 55.89 KiB | Viewed 1486 times ]
Can you tell I'm bored....?
I went searching for Hatsan air strippers when I came across a cool drop in regulator for the AT44 at Airgun Source which lead to a series of what ifs and how tos. So, it appears that there are 2 types of Hatsan AT44 regulators, an original shown above and a h model. shown below:

I have the original air tube and valve with the delrin retainer plug in a machined hole for the valve and spring, the original model must have been designed for this. However the Hatsan instructions show the h model regulator being used with the unthreaded delrin plug valve body. Is this right? will the h model regulator work with my valve?
Further thinking says absolutely not. I guess I have to buy the original model regulator, either that or open up the hole in the valve body and tap it - which 'aint going to happen. Thoughts?

Attachments:
products-Regulator_Threaded_Angle_WEB.jpg
products-Regulator_Threaded_Angle_WEB.jpg [ 36.35 KiB | Viewed 1486 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm 

I had the same problem with my Hatsan Reg that was designed for the newer threaded version.
My only solution was to take off the plenum and re-machine a piece out of 1 inch OD aluminum stock.
I made the tip of it able to fit into the brass body and retain the valve spring. I also increased the volume by increasing the length (lower operating pressure 100Bar) to improve my shot count. Tweak the restricting bore size that retains the valve spring for better air flow.

While I was trying to tweak the output pressure, I had adapted one of the depressurizing brass cap to mount onto a manifold block that had a bleed valve and HP gauge attached. To use this you had to remove the valve pin to allow the regulated pressure to be measured.

Hope this can help you find a solution to your problem (if you have access to a lathe :mrgreen: )

- MM