Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm 

I am not sure when I would start to have time to spend in the rangers and clubs, looks in the unknown future... So, for my incoming RPAL, the Pro Sport would probably use up my budgets for years and I will have a lot of time to find one or two good pistols to match my plastic card... As maybe just a collection piece only, I think I will focus on something better looking than else... Of course, I always believe the good stuff are born beautiful...

Not sure when I can have my card... Asked my instructor, and the reply is 'unfortunately that's normal'... I know all the course lead to the license are closed due to the virus same as the schools. Just hopes it won't put much delay on the RCMP plastic card issuing service...

Sent from my S9 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

Last edited by YepYep on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm 

sillymike wrote:
And you'll need a Hammerli 208 to go with that P210

Actually I think my HW45 looks like it more and right now I kbow why I love the P210 since the first sight... I just love that style~

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 am 

YepYep wrote:
I am not sure when I would start to have time to spend in the rangers and clubs, looks in the unknown future... So, for my incoming RPAL, the Pro Sport would probably use up my budgets for years and I will have a lot of time to find one or two good pistols to match my plastic card... As maybe just a collection piece only, I think I will focus on something better looking than else... Of course, I always believe the good stuff are born beautiful...

Not sure when I can have my card... Asked my instructor, and the reply is 'unfortunately that's normal'... I know all the course lead to the license are closed due to the virus same as the schools. Just hopes it won't put much delay on the RCMP plastic card issuing service...

If you are interested in a Glock 44, get a Glock 34 ( 5.3" barrel ) as it's 9mm buddy. Or Glock 17L ( 6" ) since you like long barrels. Define good? Do you want a all around pistol, or purely 10M target? Ideally I would say goto a store and find out what fits your hands the best and try them. Also that whole start off with a .22 LR is BS. There never was a 22LR in the house growing up.

Because 226 are good guns, if you got smaller hands the DA Trigger may be annoying. I hear Beretta 92 said to be very accurate, but they are too big for my hands. CZ 75/SP01/Shadow/TS. My CZ with the thin grips is thinner than my single stack 1911. Glocks. Another great gun is the Grand Power K100s. Esp the xcaliber.

Last time I called in a Firearm transfer. Last week. Alot of the agents were working from home they said. So it does effect the PAL Card printing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 am 

Watching the Glock43 is just because it's new so I see the ada, introductions, medias.... and it's a same size but just new caliber from a G19...

Although it's not necessary.... I just don't know why I am thinking step up step by step from airgun (non PAL to PAL) to rimfire then center fire looks better than just jump over and skip something... : )

And looks .22lr more accurate (maybe actually just due to easier to handle ??) ?!

P226 is big and heavy.... I know that as I have a replica BB gun~ [emoji38]

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:32 am 

YepYep wrote:
Watching the Glock43 is just because it's new so I see the ada, introductions, medias.... and it's a same size but just new caliber from a G19...

Although it's not necessary.... I just don't know why I am thinking step up step by step from airgun (non PAL to PAL) to rimfire then center fire looks better than just jump over and skip something... : )

And looks .22lr more accurate (maybe actually just due to easier to handle ??) ?!

Mean Glock 44? 43 is a sub compact and in 9mm. 22LR would be cheaper to shoot. Alot of 22's have fixed barrels. That why they are slightly more accurate. All depends on how much you train and shoot.

But there are more options for. Off the shelf target 22LR ammo, than 9mm. If you want full bore target and best accuracy.

There are guns like the Sig 220, that has a single stack magazine. So it would be slimmer than the double stack 226. And I believe you can get 22LR kits for it. So 1 gun, 2 calibers. But normally conversion kits are the same price or more than buying a dedicated 22LR. Like the price of the kit for the 220. I bought my used Buckmark Gold Target, or can find a Ruger MK2 target.

I like heavy guns, soaks up the recoil. But for some reason, I find Sig 226 snappy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:25 am 

YepYep wrote:

If you find the P226 (964g) "heavy" you're in for a surprise with the P210 (1120gr)

Some people like to shoot fast, personally I take more enjoyment with shooting small groups (offhand of course)
- I wouldn't buy a G44 as a stand alone pistol, unless it was to be a training aid for a G17 (or which model/caliber strikes your fancy) that I'd plan on using in a PPC/Service pistol match
And even then, the frugal in me would probably still buy a Advantage Arm conversion and save the $100 for ammo and magazines. You get to practice with the exact same grip/trigger. And switching caliber only takes a few seconds.

In general, 22lr will be more accurate than CF because they have less moving part, mainly the barrel/sights are fix.
- To get a CF pistol to shoot under 2" @ 50yards, you'll need very good pistol and very good ammunition.
- A Ruger Mk2 with off the shelf Eley/SK ammo should be able to achieve under 1.5" without much problem.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:32 am 

I shoot fast and slow depends on what I do. I shot IPSC and tactical for many years. Last few years been shooting PPC. But Ken, I learned alot about shooting accurately. Not sure if there any PPC leagues in the GTA. But if there is, you might want to try that.

The NS PPC provincials last couple years introduced a rimfire division. It's amazing what people can do at 50m. One of the guys I shoot PPC with mainly shoots a CZ TS. He shot the Provincials first time in a few years with his MK2 22LR, and beat my CF score by at least 50 points. I was tied for 3rd place Marksman div, I only won because I got more X's than 10s.

But I would agree on getting a MK2. Everybody complains about a MK2/3 disassembly. But honestly once you know the ins and outs. It's not a big deal. MK4 is easier. But got options that effects the trigger. My Buckmark Target. Browning only says clean what you can get with slide locked back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:06 pm 

I started as a bullseye shooter, I then started shooting 10M air pistol and Free-Pistol... because if I'm driving somewhere for a match, might just as well sign-up for as many events as possible... and ended doing some PPC and service rifle/pistol match because some friends were into it and it looked like fun.

Personally, I enjoy slow plinking at 50M the most :tonqe:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 pm 

Yeah I don't got the steadiness and eye sight to do purely bulleyes. I'm Near sighted, with a astigmatism in my right eye, and many trips to have metal removed from my eye ( young and stupid ) Then many years of knuckle buster mechanics. Though I enjoy shooting 50M.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:29 pm 

The next most fun is shooting service rifle match with Barney and the gang @ Connaught

Than ISSF and Sporting rifle 3P
Maple-seed match was blast, ought to do that again... and we mean to try a Precision Rimfire match...

Ah, so many things to do and so little time (or $)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:43 pm 

sillymike wrote:
The next most fun is shooting service rifle match with Barney and the gang @ Connaught

Than ISSF and Sporting rifle 3P
Maple-seed match was blast, ought to do that again... and we mean to try a Precision Rimfire match...

Ah, so many things to do and so little time (or $)

I got the time and well money wouldn't be an issue if I could get my moneys worth. But traveling to do everything gets kinda tiring. Service rifle, PRS ( when hosted )and Mapleseed ( when hosted ) are all in the city.

Oh Barney.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Personally, I enjoy slow plinking at 50M the most :tonqe:

What's that strange thing on the picture? Looks like a TAU airgun....
[emoji14]

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:33 pm 

sillymike wrote:
YepYep wrote:

If you find the P226 (964g) "heavy" you're in for a surprise with the P210 (1120gr).

[emoji14] didn't notice the weight of the P210... Just being cheated by how it looks like in the picture as it looks 'slim' in the camera...

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:38 pm 

Don't think I can get good score in a match as I had good eyes in most of my life so far (no short sighted at all), so my eyes turn worse so quickly in these years and I have to use reading glasses to trim my nails... So the guns to me is just as every man likes guns and cars... And for the plinking fun, then a good way to release any type stress ~

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:53 pm 

YepYep wrote:
What's that strange thing on the picture? Looks like a TAU airgun....
[emoji14]

That's a TOZ35 in 22lr.
- Used for Free Pistol match @ 50M

I know how you feel about vision, the wife tells me I ought to have my glasses on when I shave. Maybe I'd see all the odd-hairs growing on my ears :mrgreen:

I can still the front sight, so I'll stick to open sights as long as I can. When that's done, I guess I'll move on to red-dots